PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma (how should i spend $)

idontknow
07-19-2005, 12:20 PM
I have sorta a dilemma...

I have a summer job where by the end of the summer, i will have probably made $2,500 approximately (in 2 1/2 months). I went to Best Buy looking for dance pads for DDR Xtreme. A girl working there tempted me to buy the ignition soft pad but i refused the temptation cuz it was $100. However, i am strongly considering it now but i came to thinkin that if i were to spend that much, maybe i should buy something else.

So i started thinkin--Nintendo DS is $150...and i believe i've seen iit sold bundled with a game, like Super Mario DS. Is nintendo DS really all that great as far as gameplay? Should i buy the ignition pad instead? Should i save my money being that i am in college & will need lotsa of money for booze, for fraternity dues, and to buy things for my room in the house (like i'll be needing to buy a couch or futon, for example) I also know that i will be spending $50 on the new Zelda game for sure (instead of waiting another month at least until christmas to get it as a gift)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...thanks in advance.

From
--'IDONTKNOW'--

Dechipher
07-19-2005, 12:59 PM
You forgot to list bitches as college expense.

You should get a SNES, because its clearly better than any system now.

Glitch
07-19-2005, 01:43 PM
World of Warcraft. Buy it and get hooked like the rest of us.

Darth Marsden
07-19-2005, 02:19 PM
I'll be the sensible one then. Somewhat unusual. Save it, at least for a while. There's not a HUGE amount out for the DS yet, so if you're going to get one, wait for a few more decent games. College is more expensive then you think, there's a good chance you'll need all the money you can lay your hands on.

Alternatively, you could just give me some. (So much for being sensible.)

Archibaldo
07-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Spend it all, give in to the temptations of the dark side...

Currently you can get an Electic Blue DS with Mario 64 DS (I'm not too sure about siver though). That kinda pissed me off because that offere came out about a week after I got my DS. Had I known to wait, I would've. Plus there are some pretty intresting titles coming soon for it.

Master Ghaleon
07-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Save your money for the booze ;)

Brasel
07-21-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm going to go with saving it. I've made a lot of money doing my current job, and when I'm ready, I'll be able to buy a new car! A new car is way better than some dance pad or a DS...plus, being in college and having a Dance Dance Revolution pad might not look good when you have the parties and such...just saying.

Daarkseid
07-21-2005, 07:31 AM
NO, don't listen to any of them. Just send me the money. I NEEDS IT.

Grasshopper
07-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Why are you asking other people how to spend your money? ;) You can always buy me something. :) I have a huge hospital bill I could use that money on.

Strider1982
07-21-2005, 12:46 PM
I don't know what you should buy. I just think it's amazing that you have $2,500. I'm almost always broke because of all the household bills I have to pay...

I think I will agree that the Super NES is the best system out there. I'd recommend it. Tons of classic games...

Cloral
07-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Save it. College textbooks are expensive, and booze costs more than you think, as does all the takeout food you'll be eating. I mean, you don't want to be eating bologna sandwiches everyday, do you?

King Link
07-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Save it. College textbooks are expensive, and booze costs more than you think, as does all the takeout food you'll be eating. I mean, you don't want to be eating bologna sandwiches everyday, do you?

Bingo. The future is not cheap... so save your money. You'll be thankful you did when the time comes that you need to shell out a couple grand for college or what-have-you.

I only need to earn about one thousand dollars this summer in order to pay for everything next semester. That shouldn't be too much of a problem.