PDA

View Full Version : help

Porfio
07-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Ok. Im working on my first quest (Quest for the WTF stone) And i wanted to know how do I rip images from ROMs? I have a couple that i wanted for my new tileset.

-David

Porfio
07-18-2005, 11:05 PM
UMMMM help plz?

Porfio
07-19-2005, 05:05 PM
<edited text>

ZeldaLord
07-19-2005, 05:57 PM
I really don't think anyone wants to help you now...

Porfio
07-19-2005, 06:06 PM
<edit---->

Zelda Master
07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
I would help you but since you're Flaming my answer is.. NO!!:mad: :evil:

VEL
07-19-2005, 07:09 PM
:mad: Flaming is against the rules (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=78500) so please don't do it.

ShadowTiger
07-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Ok. Im working on my first quest (Quest for the WTF stone) And i wanted to know how do I rip images from ROMs? I have a couple that i wanted for my new tileset.Hiya Dave. 'sup. If you want to rip images from ROM's, you'll usually want to isolate the images that you want to rip. Some emulators have the ability to turn off "layers" of the game, so you can take a snapshot of only what you want to rip. o.o Try that, and take a screenshot. Remember where it is, or rename it and store it in your ZC folder for later use.

Later on, when you're in ZQuest, you'll want to rip both the tiles and colors of that image. Unless you'll be recoloring the image, (I.e. manually drawing over the VERY ODD-LOOKING image that you will rip shortly) you'll want to rip the colors as well, and place them in their own Color Set, probably.

Go to Quest-->Graphics-->Palette-->Main and look for a blank spot, or a Cset that you don't recognize (Near the Bottom) or use often. Press Grab, look for the screenshot that you took, and grab the set of colors that most closely resembles the image you want to rip. If the screenshot doesn't load, then know that it must be a .bmp file or a .gif file to load.

Then, to rip the image itself, go to Quest-->Graphics-->Tiles, and find a good blank area, then go to Grab, then the screenshot, then drag a box (With Shift and Click.) around the image, then press enter or Okay. Press Keypad plus or minus until the image looks right.

If you don't have any color sets to spare, (If something in your quest is using ALL of the Csets, and you don't have any to spare. =/ ) you'll have to rip the colors into its own specific Palette. Kinda like reserving a refrigerator for beer alone, whereas all your other food is in one fridge.

If you have problems, feel free to come back and explain them, hopefully in a LOT of detail, then we can solve the problems you're having. :) Good luck! ^_^

Porfio
07-19-2005, 10:39 PM
ADHD is a big problem with me... sorry if i offended anyone. :)

Porfio
07-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Please lock or delete this thread. thanx

-David

ShadowTiger
07-19-2005, 11:38 PM
... ... Er ... ... Did my advice Help? O_o' Why lock the thread if you might still have a problem? o.o Did it work?

ZeldaLord
07-20-2005, 09:42 AM
What emulator are you using? Different emulators have different methods of disabling layers, taking screenshots, etc, and sometimes you'll need to change the video mode before they will rip into Zquest correctly (I know the old version of ZSNES did this).

And what ROM are you trying to rip from? Depending on the complexity of the graphics, you might be able to recolor them in Zquest, or you might have to rip the whole palette, like BH4 said. :)