PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic Beta (Re-)Application

bigjoe
07-18-2005, 05:55 PM
An overhaul of the beta testing team is underway... those who wish to remain a beta tester, as well as anyone who will be applying hereafter, will be required to complete this form. Aside from the developers and administrators of AGN, there will be NO EXCEPTIONS.

Current Testers must complete this form by August 11th. Complete the form by replying to this thread.

If you no longer wish to test, or cannot test any longer, please indicate your resignation.

(It is encouraged but not required that non-developer administrators submit an application as well, if only to provide an example...)

I. General Information

Include a general description of yourself. Things you do, things you enjoy doing. No personal information(i.e. race, job,location, education, etc) is required, but if you wish to provide such information, you may...

II. Experience Using a Computer

Include information on the duration of which you've been using a computer, and software that youve used in the past.

Also, try to answer the following questions:

a.Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen?
b.Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?
c.Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?
d.Do you know how to run a simple website?
e.Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.
f.Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)
g.Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)
h.Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)

III. Experience Using Zelda Classic

Include information on the duration of which you've been using Zelda Classic and/or ZQuest. Include general informaton about how long you've been using either, quests you've beaten, quests you've made, etc.

At this point, include pictures of quests you've worked on. (If you must, you can include links to sites where you have pictures posted.)

IV.Summation

In this section, elaborate on why you would be an asset to the team, and provide other information that you wish to include which isnt addressed in any other section.

V. Section for Current Beta Testers (To be omitted in public thread.)

a.How long have you been testing?
b.Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes?

Have fun filling it out!;)

jman2050
07-18-2005, 06:12 PM
I.

I am a ZC developer and my real name is Jo--

oops, I forgot, I'm a developer... Seriously though, nice. I look forward to reading these >:D

(You ARE going to let me and Dn see them right? Right?! Please?!?!?!!?)

bigjoe
07-18-2005, 06:16 PM
I.

I am a ZC developer and my real name is Jo--

oops, I forgot, I'm a developer... Seriously though, nice. I look forward to reading these >:D

(You ARE going to let me and Dn see them right? Right?! Please?!?!?!!?)
Well, at this point, since only the testers need fill it out, it will be done by submitting a reply to this thread. So pretty much all the testers will be able to see them. I guess I should have let that be known.

ShadowTiger
07-18-2005, 06:17 PM
I. General Information

Josh - Friendly, Enjoys Helping People, ... College (Freshman Level) Education and Beyond, ...

Been Using a computer since 1989. I was born four years before that. o.o I organize information well and use much of it. I let little go to waste.

Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen?
Of Course. I was hired to help fix a problem involving a resolution made too small, that the people there were unable to reach the button to change it back to 800x600.

Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?
I pwned the classes I've taken in them, Thanks.

Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?
Isn't that already what we do with our quests to protect them against potential corruptions related to the betas we test here? Though it never hurts to have backups in various places of your PC and on discs. > >.

Do you know how to run a simple website?
As of this year, thankfully, yes. If they offer CS12 classes in your college, do take one. ;)

Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.
If you could DOS and Windows 3.11 as "other platforms," then yes. XD *lol* ... ... No, I really haven't used any. I'm a Windows person all the way, but I certainly wouldn't shy away from trying out any other platform.

Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)I (http://fast.filespace.org/BH4/AngeredSmily.gif) Love (http://fast.filespace.org/BH4/BushesTreesExampleDTOTW.gif) To (http://fast.filespace.org/BH4/GashinMySprite.gif) Draw (http://fast.filespace.org/BH4/GODDRAAV.jpg) And (http://fast.filespace.org/BH4/MasterSwordVariations.gif) Craft (http://fast.filespace.org/BH4/MunkySmilies.zip) Things (http://fast.filespace.org/BH4/PSDHappyLandscapeBW.gif). I'm still practicing too. I'm also have a keen eye for design and layout, and efficiency.

Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)
I mostly know ZZT-OOP, but that doesn't count now does it. :p *lol* I know a little bit of Java and Visual Basic, but, ... Not enough to go bye. I can READ it fairly well though.

III. Experience Using Zelda Classic.
lol, I should be insulted. XD *J/K* I've been using ZC since December of 2000, between then and now I have designed at least 12 quest files, and 8 full quests, though none of them are finished because I just can't stop drawing. @_@' I'm ALWAYS drawing things in ZC. It's a passion of mine. I'm very, very knowledgeable about ZC's functionality, and I use most of its features weekly, if not daily. I discover something new or interesting at LEAST once every two months to share with the community. I remember discovering the multiple undercombo trick first back in January 2001. I wanted to badly to share it with people, but was too paranoid to join the forum. -_-' I was such an astounding n00b back then.

IV. Summation.

It has always been an ambition of mine to help people. o.o You should see the smiles on the faces of these people when I give them the work they requested. I've heard everything from "Holy cow, your bow is awesome!" to "Oh dear lord, these are amazing. *drools* " So to be able to bug-test this program which obviously keeps the communities alive, and prevent people from finding a game-stopping bug, would be a dream come true. I would certainly wish to continue testing if given the choice! I would also draw new graphics for any new items implemented.

How long have you been testing?
I think I've been testing since Alpha 2 or 3 was around. Solaris_Omega and I were the last two beta testers to be hired before a MASS testing spree was engaged in.

Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes?
Again, Organizational purposes. I have all of them since Alpha 3. Well, I have Alpha 5 and 6 in easy reach, anyway. And 178, thanks to Russ. :)

*b*
07-18-2005, 06:22 PM
dosen't this seem to be a bit... much? especially for the users that are already beta testers?

regardless...

I. General Information

I'm on the computer a lot, mostly to work in ZQuest and to chat online. games, mostly

a.Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen? - yes
b.Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts? - yes
c.Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents? - yes
d.Do you know how to run a simple website? - yes
e.Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate. - yes, but very, VERY limited. the most I've done, in fact, is install Linux Debian
f.Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past) - yes (see below)
g.Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish) - no
h.Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.) - no

I've been using ZQuest since 1.84 was released. it was fairly new when I found it, at least...

you all should know what I do by now, but just in case

http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/Gashin/ZC%20showings/hfeima2.gif
http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/Gashin/ZC%20showings/hfeima2.gif

IV.Summation

I use ZQuest a lot, and am very familliar with the features of both the player and the editor. what else can I add?

a.How long have you been testing? - over a year, at least
b.Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes? - yes

Cloral
07-18-2005, 06:29 PM
As I pointed out previously in the roll call thread, I haven't been testing ZC much lately, and doubt this will change anytime soon. You can go ahead and remove me right now.

PolygonX8
07-18-2005, 06:37 PM
I. General Information
Sit on my ass sleeping, playing games, computer, and maybe once in a great while I'll go out and exercise.

Started using a computer at about 7 years old, which is almost ten years.

a. Yes
b. Nope
c. Yes
d. Yes, I run a forum that runs on IPB 2.0 and a HTML-made site for my ZC stuff.
e. No
f. Yes, I'm a pixel artist. One example is my current avatar.
g. Does ZC count? :P If so, no.
h. Besides ZC, I used to test that "SmarterChild" AIM bot in the past.

Five years about, which I recall being the time when ZC first came. I stayed away from forums after AOL incidents, but I decided to join AGN two years later, but then ended shifting on toward PureZC in about a matter of months.

To my knowledge, I hold the record of most quests completed; 12. My current project, ALttD: SDR is my best work yet, and here's some shots of it (first one being the latest shot as I wanted to show people the looks of the Congealed Temple)
http://el.zcworld.net/uploads/zelda095.bmp
http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/PolygonX8/zelda262.bmp
http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/PolygonX8/zelda008.bmp
http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/PolygonX8/zelda035.bmp

As for past quests, look in the ZC.com database 'cause I ain't digging those up (also have to consider I have many completed as well). :-p
Anotehr project is MTPP (Metroid: The Pirate's Projects) and one screen of it is on ZC.com's "What is ZC?" page - you can't miss it. It was also in the March issue of EGM magazine.

As for beaten quests, I hardly play any. I've only beaten Petoe's MMDWR, really. There were quests in the past I got close to finishing, but computer crashes happened. *shrugs* I have played quite a few demos, and I currently test *b*/Gashin/link3505's current quest, HF.

IV.Summation
I have always found bugs in ZC ever since 1.92 in all the public releases, but I never said anything about them because I didn't think it was my business (I wasn't really aware of bug report forums for the public). BH4 talked to me one time and told me I should join up; I refused. Later on, he asked again (persistent :P) and this time I decided to do so. I get lots of new ideas for ZC frequently, and I'll do my best to find any bugs in the version (and I'll even be up to playing a whole quest through it or test my current projects to make sure it all goes smoothly).

a. I think I've been testing for... a month, now?
b. The only obsolete version would be b178 of 1.92 because of all the items with the different attributes (which is why I have it).

Jigglysaint
07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
I. General Information

Tom Williams, my interests are Rom hacking, and using Zelda Classic. I'm also an active member of AGN

My experences are a little limited compared to the other testers. I mainly use the computer for gaming purposes, but since I am reletivly new to computers as compared to the others(I started at arround 20 compared to others who were born into it). Still, I know how to do such various important tasks such as turning on the computer, being able to make a program run, and using the internet including being able to Google subjects without having being needed to be directed to the website by others.

Yes. I would be pretty sad if I didn't.

Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?

My earliest exprerences with the computer was though DOS prompt. For the longest time I actually prefered DOS since I could type in the program name pretty fast. As for shortcuts, don't think I ever needed to do that.

Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?

I'm a backupoholic. About half of my ROM directory is of backed up rom hacks and stuff.

That, I don't know how to do. I'd like to learn though.

Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.

No, I am mainly familar with DOS and Windows.

Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)

I am artistically challenged. Heck, don't even bother me to render a stick figure or shove two notes together.

Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)

I don't program.

I have been a loyal follower of Zelda Classic since early 2000. I first learned about the program from a site called Challege Games, and from there I anticipated the release of Zquest, while playing the few custom quests. As for quests I've made, I've only released one, my Shady Oaks Quest. While it wasn't the most beautiful piece of art in existance, it had some pretty tricky puzzles, and some tough challenges. Currently I am working on the sequal, which has been taken many years.

Among my interest are also a few contributions that I have made to the community. It was me who invented the earliest concept of a treasure chest, which was placing flag 10 over a slash combo. Simple, but it was the best we could do at the time. My second, and perhaps my most important contribution, was the creation of events. I was the first person who noticed that if you took the Lamola enemy, made it invisible, walled it off, then put the boss flag you could make simple events. Later, Dark Nation later contacted me about a trigger enemy, which would make events a lot easier to make. I also came up with a few other suggestions, like the "kill all enemies" item, and was a heavy petitioner for Lock Blocks.

IV. Summation.

Why would I make a good tester? Well I am loyal to the project. Even though I had recently taken a little break from ZC, my interests have still remained. I believe in this program. While the program code seems like a major mess, the outward product is one that Armageddon Games did well to stand behind. I have also remained loyal depsite forum politics, and have guarded the contents of these forums very well.

Zelda Classic IS why I am at AGN, while I stay at AGN, and why I will continue to stay at AGN. It was the reason why I have an e-mail in the first place, and why I even stay on the internet. To be short, it stole my soul, and since I can't get it back, the next best thing is to test out the betas.

Edit: I've been testing since 1.90, or at least for about 3 or 4 years. I don't keep backups of the program since I tend to test for bugs in the current beta rather than go and do much comparing. It also keeps down on extra space.

Nick
07-18-2005, 07:09 PM
I. General Information

I'm Nick. I enjoy playing video games. I also enjoy downloading beta versions of various applications and testing useability. In other words, I like toying with things and seeing what makes them tick.

I'm also an administrator at the popular ZC fan site Pure Zelda Classic and I recently started something known as the ZCWiki.

II. Experience Using Computer

I've been using computers since 1995... granted I was using an insanely old version of MS-DOS up until 1998... couldn't afford a computer. :sweat:

I know my way around computers a great deal now. I've even went as far as to install a dual boot between Windows and Linux on my laptop.

a. Yeah.
b. Yeah.
c. Yeah.
d. Yeah. I've run my own webserver before... but well... besides that... I know my way around websites. I've had a little experience with PHP (what I've used of it is fun to work with), but I'm mostly into HTML.

e. As I said earlier, I've used Linux before. To be specific, I've used RedHat, Knoppix (and variations of it), MEPIS, Kubuntu, and I'm going to be installing plain ol' Debian in the coming weeks.

f. I can't even draw stick men... or compose music. I can manipulate existing images fairly well, though. I don't really have an example ready since it's mostly minor touches in ZQuest, but if it's really needed, I can dig some stuff up (I think).

g. I have simplistic understanding of HTML and PHP. Doesn't have much to do with game programming... so... yeah. :blah:

h. I'm not an official tester of other things per say... but I download various beta software. Such programs include web browsers such as Opera and Mozilla, Weather downloading applications, Zip programs, ect.

I've been using Zelda Classic since 2002, starting with version 1.90. I work heavily with the ZQuest aspect, though I sometimes enjoy playing a quest or two.

I've beaten many quests... so many that I can't keep track of all of them. Most of them are more mainstream quests (like The Revenge). I've played quests that aren't so mainstream before, though.

I've also beta tested other quests (and am currently testing some). Some I can think of off of the top of my head are Dance of Remembrance (by Radien at PureZC), Dreams of Yesterday, Eya's Song (by Praethus), Realms (by Praethus), a quest by StarFox, Chain of Destiny (by Teilyr), Royal Heart by jman2050, my own quests, and some others I can't think of off of the top of my head.

I've made various quests, but only one of them has been finished.

http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=6

I like to build stuff in ZQuest... even if I don't release it.

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/nick41472/zeldac.html

Some of my older work is available at the url above. As for some stuff I've done more recently...

http://www.filespace.org/zeldafox/ (contains general stuff also... just ignore that it... if the url even works)
http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/Nick/zc/

In the second url, the_one_sword.zip contains a small demo of one of my most recent projects called Corrupted Wisdom (the first section is a little buggy... so if you need to cheat past it... use the cheat "e"). The other one sword zip files are a joke quest I made. :blah:

Also... as you might notice from the two urls... I also make example quests to demonstrate new tricks I discover for others to use.

IV.Summation

I have always loved testing ZC Betas. I enjoy hunting for bugs and then reporting them so that perhaps ZC will become fully stable someday. I tend to test on the usability side of ZQuest, so I tend to actually make quests in the betas (with backup habits most of the time). I don't do this to have a "jump" over someone else... since I could really care less if my quest isn't the best. I also test by playing other quests. However, most of my bug hunting is with ZQuest.

I would love to continue beta testing if I am allowed to stay. I'm even capable of testing the Linux version now, too. ;)

V. Section for Current Beta Testers

a. I was involved with the Quest contest that happened a long time ago... so I got to use 1.92 135, 148, and 152. I didn't actually begin true testing until 164... I think.

b. I have all of the old beta versions (since I started testing, anyway)... and I don't really intend to get rid of them anytime soon. :blah:

Edit: The link with my more recent work stopped working a week or so after I posted this. I just got it fixed... a heads up. Also added that I tested Royal Heart by jman2050. :tongue:

jman2050
07-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, at this point, since only the testers need fill it out, it will be done by submitting a reply to this thread. So pretty much all the testers will be able to see them. I guess I should have let that be known.

Chalk that up to me being unobservant and bored -_-

EDIT Nick: YOU FORGOT YOU TESTED ROYAL HEART?? >:(

j/k j/k >_>

Dart Zaidyer
07-18-2005, 07:19 PM
I. General Information
I am Dart Zaidyer. In relation to ZC, I enjoy all aspects of playing and quest making. I also like to point out bugs, especially the tricky ones few people notice or care about.

I have been using computers since 1992, when DOS and Windows 3.1 ruled the scene. That covers a lot of territory.

yes.

b.Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?
yes.

c.Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?
yes.

Yes. As of this writing, my website can be found here (http://www.freepgs.com/iammagix/jason).

e.Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.
I still use DOS from time to time, for old games. That actually requires a lot of technical skill, or the games won't work.

f.Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)
I run a webcomic and I work frequently in spriting and music. In relation to ZC, you can check any of my submissions at PureZC.

g.Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)
No.

h.Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)
Programs related to "Damasca: The Conflicted Kingdoms" are the only other software I've tested.

I found ZC back when it was still at version 1.84. I never actually got into the community that well until 1.90 was released, and I've been around ever since.
While I've never actually released a finished quest, (Or a demo I like,) I've worked on the LttP Graphics pack with Orion and I'm quite satisfied with the way it turned out.

IV.Summation
I'm the bug list guy. Dark Nation commissioned me to categorize all the bugs in ZC, and I've been doing that since I became a tester. I'm also the only one who noticed there was a problem with ZC's SPC engine, and as a result it actually got fixed in time for 2.10. (Except now it's broken again in 2.11. ARGH!!)

Officially, since 1.93 a3 I think. Could have been a4. I definitely noted some major bugs there. I've been pointing out bugs longer than that, though, and on a hunch, I actually asked around about the SPC support when it was first announced, to make sure it wasn't totally horrible. (And I was right, because it was.)

I only keep old versions for quests that get broken by newer versions.

LinktheMaster
07-18-2005, 07:35 PM
I. General Information
Well, I enjoy ZC and playing Zelda games, along with other games. I am on the internet quite frequently. :)

I'm not fantastic, but I know quite a bit. I can solve a lot of problems when they come up, though it can take a little while sometimes. I know how to setup Windows (though, it isn't too hard), get new drivers, install video, sound and other types of cards, along with processors and memory.

Yep. Quite a simple thing to do.

I do, but believe me... I don't quite enjoy it. :laughing:

Yeah... I've learned from past experience to back up a lot. I have a 40 GB hard drive that I'm intending on using as a backup to this one.

Yeah, I've created a website before, and I know some html.

I use Windows almost all the time, but I have worked in both a Mac and Linux a bit, and I can work my way around them. I also have a Knoppix CD that I've used multiple times. :)

Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)
I can draw, though not as good as I used to due to me not trying to keep up. I can do some stuff on the computer.
http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=462
http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=378
Note that I did draw all of the door animation combos, even though I learned afterward that people had done it before.

I have done some programming, but not a whole lot. C/C++ was the language I used, but I could only do something like a temperature converter (both forwards and backwards between Fahrenheit and Celsius).

Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)
No, I haven't.

I've been with ZC for around 2 and a half years. However, mostly due to hard drive failures, I have lost many of my quests. And, then usually lapse into depression and fail to finish from my backups (hey, how would you like having to redo a whole month's work :( ).

But, I can do quite a bit in ZC. I can create Custom Bosses, events (where one screen effects another screen), tiered secrets, combo cycling, use second csets in combos. I can create cutscenes, use layers and all the other fancy tricks.

I have created a tutorial as well for 1.92 (I'm now updating for 2.10). It is here (http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/LTM/Tutorial/Page00.htm) and it contains many important things that a person might want to know about ZC. :)

However, for pics... we have a slight problem... I cleaned out my folder of pics a week or two ago. I do have some shots of my newest quest in ZQuest, but none in ZC. I'm hoping to finish a demo this week, so if more pics are needed, they can be provided. ;)
http://linkthemasterpics.250free.com/Quest1.gif http://linkthemasterpics.250free.com/Quest2.gif
http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/LTM/forestgif.gif
The last is a pic from a cutscene. The trees are animated funky because I had to slow down the sprites of the witch in the middle so the animated GIF to look good.

Now, for playing in ZC. I play in ZC very frequently, when I'm not playing any other games, and I beat most that I play, eventually. I've beaten atleast 50 quests, though, it's hard to count, really. :tongue: I'm currently playing jman's remake of DoY (not trying to suck up :tongue: ), and I intend on beating it.

IV.Summation
I know I was inactive for a while, but that was mostly due to stuff in the life that seemed to drain my interest in ZC. And, while I still did play it, I just didn't have time for beta testing. But, as you can now see that I've been working on hard locating bugs in the new beta, and I certainly hope I can continue. I'm an admin on PureZC, so I'm definitely responsible. I've also created an event at PZC known as the "ZC Expo". It's an E3 sort of event where everyone can show off their ZC projects in one area. I know my way around ZC, as I've said, so I can certainly get deep into it to find hard to locate bugs. :)

a. I became a beta tester in Spring of last year.
b. Uh, since I've become a beta tester, I have. I have the alphas lying around, somewhere. :)

Sephiroth
07-18-2005, 07:40 PM
I. General Information

Hello, I'm Sephiroth/Snort from many other forums you may go to. In general, I like to mess around with game editing programs.. (ZQuest, RM2k3, GM, etc...) and I have to say.. ZC is one of the better ones out there.. I am only 18 years old and a college student.

Oh.. the list of software I have used is extensive.. If I was to list them all, I'd probably need to quadruple post. O_O

a) Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen?
Yes
b) Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?
Yes
c) Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?
Yes
d) Do you know how to run a simple website?
I run about 10 thankyouverymuch. :>
e) Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.
Unfortunately, no. I do not have the disk space nor the ability to try out Linux.
f) Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)
I had happened to start drawing dungeon sets in ZQuest. o.o http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=466
g) Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)
No. But I just got my hands on a copy of Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional here recently.
h) Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)
No, ZC was the first I started Beta Testing. Now I also Beta test the THAB Editor.

I have been using ZC/ZQ for about 2¼ years. I have completed and released 2 quests within that time period and I currently have one major one under construction.
I have all my info posted here (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?s=&act=SF&f=61) under the topics "Other Quests of Mine" and "TLOZLRTS: MQ - Screenies". I don't play much ZC, but I do extensivly test quite a few quests.

IV.Summation

I Found Zelda Classic about 2½ years ago while searching for a "Zelda Level Editor" when I stubled across this community. At first, I was hesitant to join, and then about 3-4 months later, I joined. AGN was still using a heavily modded vB 2.3.2 and I remember attempting 1.90 first because it was labeled as "Stable" on the zelda classic site. Then a little later, I got bold, and I downloaded the 182 version and got hooked. I have been with ZC for quite a while and I had helped at the start to find and confirm many bugs.However, If you don't think this is enough info for you all to keep me, I don't mind. I will still love ZC for as long as it thrives. :D

a) How long have you been testing?
Since 1.93 a3, I think. Could have been a4. I definitely noted some major bugs there.

b) Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes?
I only keep old versions for quests that get broken by newer versions.

Praethus
07-18-2005, 08:26 PM
I. General Information

I'm an (almost) 22 year old college student working toward a Computer Science degree. I enjoy playing video games and card games. I spend most of my weekends hanging out with friends at the local gaming shop.

I've been using a computer for at least 12 years. I've used quite a few different programs in that time.

a. Yes
b. Yes
c. Yes
d. Yes
e. Limited experience with Linux.
f. No
g. I have basic experience programming in several languages including java, C/C++, and ASM.
h. Only projects for school.

I've been working with ZC/ZQ since April of 2001. I have played many custom quests and beta tested quite a few as well, but I have never made a complete quest due to a perfectionist nature. I'm still trying to get over it, and am currently working on a quest called Eya's Song.

IV.Summation

I spend a lot of time on my computer, a good portion of which is ZC/ZQ use. I use a lot of "tricks of the trade".

a. I don't remember exactly. At least a year, maybe 2.
b. Most of the time.

Freedom
07-18-2005, 08:46 PM
I. General Information

Freedom

7 years

a. yes
b. yes
c .yes
d. yes
e .no
f. yes, a poor one
g. no
h. not professionally

Q. Include information on the duration of which you've been using Zelda Classic and/or ZQuest. Include general informaton about how long you've been using either, quests you've beaten, quests you've made, etc.

A. been around since 184., made 8 quests, 2 are in the top 10 downloaded

Q. At this point, include pictures of quests you've worked on. (If you must, you can include links to sites where you have pictures posted.)

A. My quests are all on the quest database.

IV.Summation

In this section, elaborate on why you would be an asset to the team, and provide other information that you wish to include which isnt addressed in any other section.

192A3
I have a ton, for whatever purpose...1.0, 184, 190, 192-152, 163, 178, 182, 183, 184, 193A3, A4, A5, A6, 2.10, 2.11b2.

Deviance
07-18-2005, 08:47 PM
I. General Information
My Name is Sean. Currently have no job. I am 16 and a 10th grader. I like to test out games. I like to program and try out new things I have never done before.

I have been using PC's since the age of 6. I program in Delphi. I created the ZC Front End application a couple months back. I know how to use dos prompt and know how to copy/rename/paste etc etc.I do run my own website currently. Yes I have user other than windows. I currently use Debian Sarge for linux. I use windows 2000 and xp on the windows side. I am not an artist are music composer but I am a programmer. Yes I have tested other apps before. LieroX, Open Office.

I been using ZC since I signed up to agn. I played out over 50 quests in my life span while using ZC. I am currently working on a quest right now. I'll post pictures on that later once it has progressed.

IV. Summation

I would like to be on the time because I would like to detect the bugs and problems with the linux version of zc. Currently I noticed there aren't a lot of linux testers out there. That is why I wanted to become a beta tester in the first place because I wanted to help out with the linux builds.

I have been a beta tester for about a year.
Yes I do keep the older betas.

Yoshiman
07-18-2005, 09:37 PM
I haven't been giving too much to the ZC testing community lately, and I don't think I would be able test any more than what I have now. And considering that this is my summer vacation, I probably wouldn't be able to get anything done during the next school year.

I'd like to resign my position as a beta tester.

Rydia
07-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Wow, this is quite a bit of info I need to answer. Well, I better get started. lol

I. General Information
Hi, I'm Hero Link. My real name is Josh. I am a fairly responsible person, and I love working on the computer. Toying with different things. I am quiet at times, but will say something if it's needed to be said. I'm also quite creative. I am also a Site Staff Member at www.purezc.com.

I've been using the computer for about 12-13 years now. During that time, I learned all that fun simple stuff. I've also been learning how to make a website with HTML. I've used certain programs to edit ROMS. I've used Hyrule Magic, an editor for Zelda LTTP, SMB2, and SMB3 Discombobulator to edit Mario 2, and 3. Also used the DOS based Mario 3 Improvement for Mario 3.

A. Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen?
Yes, 2 ways.

B. Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?
Yes.

C. Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?
Yes, I've had to do so after formatting, and reinstalling everything on my PC.

D. Do you know how to run a simple website?
Yes, in fact, I am working on getting a skin made for my site, so I can open it.

E. Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.
Mac is being supported, right? I've had quite a few years of experience with Mac, because that's all my school had.

F. Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)
Not anything too original. I am more of a "make match" kind of guy. I can make tiles that fit in with others that are already made.

G. Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)
Not yet. I will be going to college this year to learn programming and all that.

H. Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)
No program other that Zelda Classic.

I've been using ZC/ZQ for a little more than 2 years now. I used it when it first came out, but unfortunately didn't get into it too much. This time around, I've gotten into it real deep. I've passed many quests, most the time using the betas/alphas, so I could scope out the bugs. I've passed many quests. was Hidden Duality: DC, First Quest Revamp, by DarkFlameWolf; Link to the Darkness 5, Super Mario: Nintendo Crisis, by PolygonX8; LightWorld, by Orion; The Revenge, The Revenge 2nd Quest, by PrinceMSC. Those are all quests that I have passed normally.

I have also passed the following quests more than once with the creator specified ZC, and the beta/alpha ZC. Metroid XL-75 Remake, Link's Nightmare, by PolygonX8; Isle of the Winds, Ganon's Claim, by DarkflameWolf. I'm currently testing for SDR, by PolygonX8; Hero of Dreams, by Shoelace; and Eya's Song, by Praethus.

I 've also worked on some quests. I am currently working on First Flip, a remake of 1st quest. It makes the Overworld into a huge dungeon, and the dungeons all into mini overworlds with their own climate, and landscape. Here are a few screens, showing what I mean by this.

http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/Hero_Link/Flip%20First/Startscreen.GIF http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/Hero_Link/Flip%20First/Overworldtwo.GIF
These are a couple "Overworld" screens. I've converted every screen from OW, to Dungeon. Colors will be changed soon though.

http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/Hero_Link/Flip%20First/Levelone.GIF
Level 1- Mt. Eagle

http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/Hero_Link/Flip%20First/Levelsix.GIF
Level 6- Dragon Graveyard

The next couple are from my project that I am most passionate about. It's from Final Fantasy: The Black Abyss. It took me many hours to go through, and rip the FF3 tiles from the rom. The tileset took me about 3 months to make, and I am working on the enemie sprites now.

http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/Hero_Link/Pictures%203/sewer.png http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/Hero_Link/Pictures%203/temple.png

I had also worked on a LTTP quest a while back. Reason I stopped, was because it was a huge project that I wasn't ready for. As soon as I finish up my Final Fantasy quest, I will get back to that, with the newest version on ZC/ZQ, with all the new features to help me out.

IV. Summation
I think I would be an asset to the team, because I hear many people saying how quests don't have replay value at all. I for one, love replaying quests many times. I've play Hidden Duality at least 3 times, and am working on it a 4th time in the new beta. This meaning, I can play old quests in it, that others would probably not be very excited to play over again, and find the compatability issues from beta to beta, helping to get them fixed up. I've also brought my laptop to my military training, to test stuff with ZC, on my free time, while others would catch up on sleep. I can say, that I love ZC, and do want to continue with it's development.

A. How long have you been testing?
I have been testing since 1.93A2. I think I was accepted as a tester back in Feb 04.

B. Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes?
Yes, I keep every older beta that I had downloaded. The reason I do so, is for seeing how the programs are evolving from the original concept. I like to go back, and see what has changed since my earliest alpha. I also think it is smart to do so, for the fact that if I need to see if my computer is causing a problem with a new alpha, or if it is in the program itself.

That's it from me. I sure hope I will be able to continue helping ZC develop into something beyond our imagination. Thanks for reading.

VEL
07-18-2005, 10:21 PM
I. General Information
I do alot of things on the computer, I play video games, and watch tv.

I think the first computer my family got was in 1997. I use photoshop, ZC, some html programs, some emulators and rom hacking thingys.

Yes

I think so, I at least do somewhat.

Yes

Yes, I have a couple of them.

I have used Macs before at school, and my dad has one, but I've never used his.

Yes. http://www.kenoshaonline.com/zelda/bryce2.gif http://www.kenoshaonline.com/zspdr1.gif http://kenoshaonline.com/mario/mir3.GIF
I also have written my own songs, but none are online.

I did take some Basic and C classes in high school, but I don't remember much.

Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)
Not that I remember.

I've been making quests since the first editor was released. I've made Mario's Insane Rampage and the sequel, a remake of BS Zelda, a LEXX game, and a bunch of other demos.
http://www.kenoshaonline.com/lexx/titlescreen1.GIF http://kenoshaonline.com/mario/mir1.GIF

IV. Summation.

Whenever a new feature is added I think of ways that bugs/glitches could be caused. I try to make things screw up in the game. Before I was a tester I found the bug where link would hookshot on top of the hookshot grab tile if he was to close to it, this was in a public version, and if I was a tester back then I would have caught it before it went public. I seem to think differently than alot of people so I try things others might not try.

How long have you been testing?
I don't remember, it has been quite awhile, I think I started after 1.90 was released... I did try to find bugs in the public versions though, so I was testing it before I was a beta tester.
Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes?
I have never deleted one without making a back-up first.

Raichu86
07-19-2005, 12:22 AM
I. General Information
I like programming (don't know C++ yet; sorry), web design, video games, photography, and other stuff. I'm 18 and a "President's Honor List" student at my college.

I've been using a computer since I was wee kid, using the DOS prompt and a pseudo-GUI shell prior to Windows 3.1. I played games on the computer, mostly.

a. Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen?
What kind of question is this?! :odd:

b. Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?
I'm majoring in Computer Science, you know.

c. Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?
I know how to make tarchives to back them up.

d. Do you know how to run a simple website?
Does PureZC (http://www.purezc.com/) qualify? :D

e. Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.
I've been using Linux/UNIX since I was quite young as well. I know my way around as a user, but not a sysadmin.

f. Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)
I suck at art and music. PureZC's an example of how pitiful my graphics design skills are. I'm incompetent when it comes to music, but I love to listen.

g. Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)
PHP JavaScript Some Python CSS Markup languages HTML/XHTML XML WML Bulletin board code :laughing:
h. Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)
Nothing that went anywhere and was notable. Well, I've beta tested my own scripts. :D

I've been using Zelda Classic since the middle of 2001. I completed two quests for 1.90, but none for later versions (though I know how to use these versions perfectly well).

Here is some of my finest work, albeit unreleased.

http://wildbill.purezc.com/MZ/MZ1.png
My scrolling Link to the Past/Four Swords title screen backdrop, which uses thousands of tiles (128 frames of animation per combo).

http://wildbill.purezc.com/MZ/MZ3.png http://wildbill.purezc.com/CFP/CFPJune2.png http://wildbill.purezc.com/CFP/NewMap.png http://wildbill.purezc.com/CFP/Jan04-1.gif

IV. Summation
I find I'm excellent at finding bugs for some reason. I can describe them well, too. Would Dark Nation or fatcatfan like to verify this? :)

a. How long have you been testing?
I can't remember, and I really don't want to have to try to look it up. Years.

b. Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes?
Yes. I still have Alpha 173 with its 16-bit mode. The translucency was beautiful... if only it had worked out... :(

vegeta1215
07-19-2005, 01:20 AM
I only become a beta tester to try the Linux and Mac ports in order to find platform specific bugs. I've never thoroughly looked for bugs in implemented features. So here's my resignation.

4matsy
07-19-2005, 02:18 AM

*flips off BJ* Friggin' paperwork. :tongue:

I. General Information

Me Hypercrash (though I usually go by 4matsy these days). Me sit down. Me play ZC. ZC is my g@\/\/d.
...Oh, and I like to hack ROMs, too. :D

I've been messing around with computers since I was 3. First an old Tandy Color Computer back in the 80's, then a 486 with Windows 3.1 (ah, old days), and finally the two Pentiums I've got today (the older one a 233 MHz, this one a 2.66 GHz).

Yup.

Uh huh.

Oh yeah. Learned this one the hard way...

No...

I've had Slackware Linux for a couple months and am trying to get used to it...

/me loves 8-bit pixel art.

http://www.filespace.org/4matsy/zcbetaapp_01.png http://www.filespace.org/4matsy/zcbetaapp_02.png http://www.filespace.org/4matsy/zcbetaapp_03.png http://www.filespace.org/4matsy/zcbetaapp_04.png

Not really.

No...ZC takes up enough of my time as it is. :tongue:

I've been playing ZC since 1.77, right before the editor was publically released in 2000. I've played and beaten countless quests, but have yet to release any of my own...here are some pics of what I have in store though.

http://www.filespace.org/4matsy/zcbetaapp_05.png http://www.filespace.org/4matsy/zcbetaapp_06.png http://www.filespace.org/4matsy/zcbetaapp_07.png http://www.filespace.org/4matsy/zcbetaapp_08.png

IV.Summation

I think ZC is the best thing since sliced bread, and want to help see to it that the program is eventually bug-free. :D

Since the early 1.92 betas.

Yeah, sometimes. Like the betas that had those alternate items...

KJAZZ
07-21-2005, 03:44 AM
I've been a Beta Tester for ZC ever since April of 2001 I believe, two months after I registered here at AGN. When I was active, I enjoyed testing Zelda Classic very much. Unfortunately, I haven't been active at all with ZC or AGN as a whole for a while now. I am still mildly interested in Zelda Classic as a whole, but I will likely not be able to test nearly as well as I would have years ago. Someone else should take my place.

I submit my resignation in the position as a beta tester.

It's been fun.

~ KJAZZ

Solaris_Omega
07-21-2005, 08:42 PM
I. General Information

Include a general description of yourself. Things you do, things you enjoy doing. No personal information(i.e. race, job,location, education, etc) is required, but if you wish to provide such information, you may...

Include information on the duration of which you've been using a computer, and software that youve used in the past.

Yes

Yes

Yes

www.theriosonline.net (http://www.theriosonline.net) is mine, BigJoe has been there.

e.Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported?
If so, elaborate. I can install, and operate Linux fairly well. I am learning to work with Mac's at the moment.

I do a couple different art forms, nothing that really related to games though.

VB6, VB.NET, and C#, learning C++ at the moment

Matrix Online, World of Warcraft - Can provide proof on both

Include information on the duration of which you've been using Zelda Classic and/or ZQuest. Include general informaton about how long you've been using either, quests you've beaten, quests you've made, etc. I have been using ZC since 2000. I never really had enough time to complete a whole quest besides the originals.

At this point, include pictures of quests you've worked on. (If you must, you can include links to sites where you have pictures posted.)

IV.Summation

I am very skilled in working with computers. I have been programming for quite a long time now, and perhaps I can provide advice if the developers get stuck on an idea. I would also like to help in making utilities for ZC somehow.

A little over a year

Yes, I am a pack rat :)

idontknow
07-26-2005, 01:59 PM
I. General Information

My name remains anonymous, hence why i chose this name--its also ironic because i do know a lot about the program & have spent many days makng quests, yet have ironically never submitted a single one. Sounds bad, i know, but i go to college & spend no time whatsoever at school with Zquest--only during the summer & on breaks. However, i know a lot about the program & have made a descriptive tutorial covering basic things about zquest up to 1.80

I've used a computer since about 4th grade. I can type about 65 words per minute if i'm simply typing out a paper i have already written. I took a Windows application class in high school to learn about Word & Excell and i have taken a Multimedia Class in college so i know how to use Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, & powerpoint. I often use powerpoint & microsoft word for school projects & papers.

I dont know scripting but may take such a class in college to get a feel for how to do computer scripting.

a. Yes, I know how to change the resolution of your computer screen?
b. I know some of the commands yes.
c. Yes, i know how to copy, paste, rename, & backup files.
d. Kinda--if provided the write programs--and i know you can do it using microsoft word--as far as doing it from 'scratch', i'm not so sure
e. I know a little bit about macintosh--like how to copy, paste, delete, open, close, save & move files. I used a mac for my multimedia class.
f. No, i admit--but i do like changing tiles in my quest--most of the tiles i edit, i change the colors or add something or overlap two tiles, etc.
g. Sorry, but i have no programming skills.
h. No i have not beta tested other software.

I have been using Zquest since my sophomore year in high school (so about 4 years now) I finished one quest but never submitted it, as our computer crashed & we had to clear the hardrive of everything. I continue to make 'quests' although i prefer simply fooling around with zquest, figuring stuff out, and then writing help files & tutorials & helping people on this forum & such others as purezc.com.

I dont have any pictures of any quest, except for maybe the pictures you can find at
http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/contents.html?1048292445858

IV.Summation

I will be an asset because i know how to use the program extensively, i check this forum about 2 or 3 times a day so i always know updated information & always am helping others and will report bugs & provide feedback on the betas.

a. I've been a beta tester for about a year now.
b. Yes, i do keep obsolete betas.

C-Dawg
07-28-2005, 11:29 AM
[/size]
I. General Information

I'm C-Dawg, and I've been invited to join the Beta Testing team again by J-man. I have some spare time in the next few months (thank god the bar exam is over) and I'll be tinkering with the new version during that time at least.

I have been on these internets of which you speak.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I don't know much HTML, but I know how to set up local hosting.

Macintosh.

Yes.

I'm only competent in Java.

No.

Self-explainatory.

IV.Summation

I'm the only one who has the combination of patience and understanding do what it is that I do, with the possible exception of Petoe (so far as I know.)

Off and on for two years.

[/center]

texasdex
07-29-2005, 09:55 PM
I. General Information

I'm a 20 year old computer geek going to Drexel University for a BS in Software Engineering. Big Linux fan. I was a major AGN member a while back, but I don't browse the forums like I used to. I do occasionally check for updates to the beta, but I haven't frequented the beta forum recently--partly because it slowed down a lot (especially during the alpha testing) and for a while because of the lack of a working linux version.

I'm a Linux Geek. In fact I havn't had Windows on my computer for over a year now. I'm on SuSE 9.1 if you must know.

a-d. Yes, I can do all that stuff. I can also probably write a shell script to do all that stuff.
e. LINUX
f. Not much of a pixel artist. I have done some ripping though, from StarTropics and from the original Warcraft
g. I know JAVA pretty well.
h. I beta test my own software. Does that count?

First used ZC around the era of 1.84. I havn't used it much lately because of the lack of Linux versions, and I've sort of moved on to other things.
Quests I've done (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/qdb.php?s=author&q=TexasDex&PHPSESSID=f7a8afdc978b9a4407decf9d5b9fc700):
TexDex Quest
Isle Quest
StarTropics First Quest
The Warcraft Graphics (quest unfinished)
IV.Summation

If you plan to keep the Linux beta maintained and actively developed, I'll stay. Otherwise I'll get bored and probably end up quitting.

a. Been a few years, I'd have to look to be sure. Like I've said before, I havn't been really active lately.
b. I had a bunch of 140 era builds on my old computer, which has since been formatted. I havn't done that as much since then.

Tygore
08-01-2005, 03:31 AM
Although it's been fun, ZC has just lost my intrest. So, I am going to resign as a tester. Ya'll have fun now.

And put in arrows. Seriously. It's a bow, not a rupee launcher.

Petoe
08-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I. General Information

- I am Pete, a Finnish quest designer. I enjoy creating stuff (making quests, drawing, composing music etc.) I grew up with Super Mario games and I am a gaming nut, but since I am currently unsatisfied with the current state video game industry, I'm making my own games with Zquest. Most of my computer time goes to working on ZC.

- I got my first computer as late as 1997, 8 years ago. I used to use computer only for surfing on the net and doing some schoolstuff with it, but during the last few years I have started getting more familiar with computers. But I am not any kind of a computer expert. If a bigger and serious problem occurs, I have to turn to my father who is a computer wizzard.

a) Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen?
- Yes, very simple.

b) Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?
- Nope.

c) Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?
- Hell yes. I am a backup nut. Don't want to lose any important info ever again.

d) Do you know how to run a simple website?
- Yes, but only a very simple.

e) Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.
- No.

f) Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)
- Well I am both, but I haven't released any music yet.

g) Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)
- No.

h) Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)
- Nope.

- I have been using ZC from the days of version 1.84. I'm working on very complex quests so I know ZC and most of its secrets extremely well. If someone hasn't heard of MMDWR which is one of the most downloaded and highest rated quests, take a look here (includes screenshots): http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=99&showComments#comments

IV.Summation

- Just like C-Dawg, I try to test the limits of ZC and push the engine by using the program to its fullest extent with my quests.

V. Section for Current Beta Testers

a) How long have you been testing?
- Over an year. But I have been a bit too concentrated on my own work and the last 6 months I was serving in the army so I haven't done much. :( But now that life is back to normal, I really want to try to improve from that.

b) Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes?
- Yes, most of them.

Blonde799
08-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to follow the herd here and resign. Long story short, I'm on my way to following my passion of becoming settled into the gaming industry. I've been doing a lot of things, my life has done a complete 180 and I want to take full advantage of it.

This means of course, I won't be able to test the beta versions of ZC very much anymore. I'm sure I could do testing in September after I get back from New Jersey, but I'll save bigjoe the trouble and resign now. As much as this hurts to do, as I would love to revel in ZC's growth and continue testing with you guys, I'm gonna have to realize that I can't do this forever. Don't mind my watery eyes, I'm just watching The Notebook right now.....honest....

StarFox
08-02-2005, 12:11 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while. It's no secret that I'm extremely inactive around these parts, and just about no help. I have a great understanding of the program, but that doesn't help if I'm not really using it. I still do download betas when I see updates (and I still do check for updates), but I simply can't seem to motivate myself to use them.

I've been trying to fool myself into re-applying in the hope that I'll suddenly become a model bug-tester. But that isn't going to happen in the immediate future. My time is limited, and I have interests in far too many other places. I am by no means forgetting Zelda Classic, and I intend to make a return someday. I regret that I don't have much to show for my work here as a beta tester - particularly because this is the second time I've been hired.

I'll resign my spot in the hope that somebody more able will be more active. Thanks for the wonderful opportunity, and I hope that I will be able to return one day and contribute.

Oh, bigjoe... I'm wondering exactly how you're going to limit the tester pool. Are you aiming for a set number of testers, or are you going to keep however many people you feel to be competent and who still have potential to report bugs?

Orion
08-02-2005, 01:13 AM
Im thinkin I might just as well resign. I don't have a lot of time to devote to quest designing, let alone bug testing. I haven't gotten a lot done in the few months I have been on board, and thus, I bid you all farewell and I hope that your beta testing ways will be blessed with luck and buglessness.

KingArthur
08-04-2005, 05:38 AM
I. General Information

My given name is Russ, though i go by Sarah or Sarria. I've been around AGN since near the begining in one form or another, another name i was known by is Skeeve22. I enjoy Gaming of all sorts, as well as pixel art, modeling, miniature painting, and combat sports.

I've had my own PC since i was about 6 years old, i am VERY experianced in DOS and windows, as well as much software released for them.

Yes i do
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes, I currently am dual booting Debian linux and Windows. I am also familiar with MacOS, htough i do not currently have access to it.
I enjoy pixel art, unfortunately i do not have any of my work currently hosted, but I am able to send it on request.
No, though i do inderstand the fundamentals of Basic and the basic formatting of C++
yes, I have tested for Dark Ages, Second Life, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, and Galaga Advanced.

I've been playing ZC and Zquest since the original 1.84 release. I have created 2 quest that have not been released, as they are only being used to Test new features and work on my tilesets. They are Bobquest and Ni2, a few people may have older copies of them that i gave out. I am willing to send these on request. I have not beaten any quests other than the default ones, this is due to my focous on the creating as opposed to playing.

IV.Summation

I would be a good tester as i have much experiance with the ZC and Zquest, having played them since the first public release. I believe i have served the game well in the past, and hope to be given the opporitunity in the future.

It has been a long time, if i recall correctly i have been on the team since DN first formed a private testing group.

Indeed i do, though not all of them.

Drakmyth
08-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Edited...

Ya know, I went ahead and posted the form thinking it would change the amount of time I spend here. I realized after posting that it won't. I think I'm going to jump on the wagon and resign too.

I know that there are more able people out there that are still active enough to do this. I'm not one of them. I have too many other things taking my time (granted, most of them are other games but still...).

I still love ZC, and may still appear on the forums once in a blue moon. But my interest has grabbed hold of many things in the time since I started with ZC that I find it tough to spend much time on anything anymore.

So I haven't forgotten ZC, and I will still support it. As much as I hate to have to admit it, (especially since it means less version releases) my slot on the team would be better off with someone who shows up more than once or twice a year.

Adios mis amigos, I shall remember you all. And just know that even if you can't see me, I'm probably lurking in the shadows nearby somewhere, watching and waiting for the next release.

imported_Aori_Radidjiu
12-30-2005, 12:55 AM
I. General Information
A kid who loves computers, chats on teh PureZC chat thingy, and does some ZQuesting when he feels like it.
II.Experience using a computer
I first got a computer in 2001-ish. I've been obsessed with them ever since.
a.Yes
b. not really
c.yes
d.kinda
e.Lots of experience with Macs. Some experience with Linux.
f.no
g.I know some C++ and a little Python. Not enough for things like ZC,though.
h.no
III.Experience with Zelda Classic
I've been using ZC since early 2005. I know how to do flags, do some okay tile designing, make dungeons, etc.
IV. Summation
I will bean asset because I can test ZC on a Mac and Windows, know the program pretty well, will report bugs as soon as I find them, give brutally honest feedback on everything (I am NOT a yes-man :D), and will try to help other people whenever needed.

skateboarder11
01-13-2006, 03:33 PM
I. General Information

I'm jsut a 14-year-old who enjoys playing and creating ZC quests ans SMW hacks, as well as RO.

I started with a DOS 5.0 computer at 6, which I miraculously FIXED. In 1997, I got a better computer from my school.

In 1999, I began using Windows 3.1, on a slow PC. I also began programming at this time.

I got a Windows 95 PC in October 2002. Best fun I've ever had, really... o_O

In March 2003, I bought a PC World magazine for the disc, since it had a Mario fangame on it. I soon found ZC, though, and started making (crap) quests soon after I picked it up.
In summer 2003, I'd began to become proficient at playing and making quests.

In November 2003, I got TEH INTARWEB. Now I can show off all my crap and non crap works! :)

<hr>

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
I've used Ubuntu Linux some, mainly when I'm bored though. I've gotten ZC to run on it, too, albeit a bit clowly.
Sprites, which I've submitted to PureZC.
QBasic.
I was a ZC (private-eye) tester in late 2004, to about July, when I was dropped. Now, since I'm actually oging to be known as a tester, I'll be able to post the crapI find. :P

Include information on the duration of which you've been using Zelda Classic and/or ZQuest. Include general informaton about how long you've been using either, quests you've beaten, quests you've made, etc.
About 3 years. Started off with 1.90 in March 2003(See above).

Since then, I've finished the whole LTTD series (except 3), Link's Nightmare, Metroid XL Remake, TLOLAHRTS, and that's about it.

I've got a hosted quest forum on PureZC (http://www.purezc.com).

IV.Summation

I'd be a pretty good bugsniffer, since I'd end up reporting anything that seemed even SLIGHTLY wrong. Plus, I'm also good with suggestions.

I was a tester for 7 months.
Yes, I do. However, I think I deleted 2.11b2...

firefly
01-13-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm happy to announce that you may delete this post. ;)

iwn12
05-27-2006, 02:03 AM
[left]I. General Information

Ive probably used if not seen everything since 1995 when I first got a packard bell

um, yes

yes My packard bell had DOS

yes though i dont do it much my files are very unorganized

yes i made a classic game site and had it for a while before it crashed but i can use php really well

yes os/2 warp and xandros linux. i hate windows and am not much of a windows person though i use it everyday

I use to have a yamaha keyboard but then it broke and i got really bad at making anything good. i am getting better at graphics almost as i speak

no but I can program when I need to. I can program in basic and ph and a little c++ and .net

yes i tested numerous amounts of MS software such as command shell (monad) and I tested a windows 98 hack on msfn

[b]III. Experience Using Zelda Classic

I have used zelda classic since 1.82 and I am currently making a quest .

I dont have any sadly. I did program some hacks for windows 98 for "better" things and have screenshots somewhere but I try to go to them and I get 404
IV.[b]Summation

I could help with the organization of the UI and port it to OS/2 warp (i dont know if it even works on it yet anyway)
[b]V. Section for Current Beta Testers (To be omitted in public thread.)
Im new i havent tested before but I could test:)

Nicholas Steel
05-27-2006, 02:27 AM
I. General Information

around 1994 - 1995 i used my dads laptop (win 3.11) and played cometbusters...

- right click on desktop, properties, far right tab, and drag the slider.

- of course i did... i was bought up with win 3.11... (i am very well aware of most of the common commands in DOS)

- yes, make a copy on another hdd or on a type of removable media.

- yes i made a classic game site and had it for a while before it crashed but i can recognize what stuff does in html code... but prefer a gui and as such use frontpage 2002.

- i had a glance at linux v5 red hat for a week or 2... it was unstable due to no more then 4mb of ram at the time.

- no i am not an artist or musician.

- i did some exapmles of c++ from a book... but didnt realy understand it... well... i did understand it but i just didnt have the nack for it so the answer is no.

- des's beta patch for worms 2, msn messenger beta... there were some other stuff but it wasnt really much.

I have used zelda classic since 1.90 and I am not currently making a quest.

i have tried pretty much my hardest in helping others on the foums etc. and have done work on a quest i've been building... but recently stopped due to unknown reasons.

IV.Summation

Im not new but havent tested anything as big as this before... i am willing to help test and improve this program by any test related means neccesary.

dont know what this section is for.

--------------------

this message format was taken from the above post and edited to my liking.

shadowfall1976
08-31-2006, 08:11 PM
I. General Information

I am 30 years old and I love playing & making games when I have the time to,
I have a Heavy Metal project called Metal Witch, and we have an album
released 6 years ago and a new one in the works.

for at least 20 years, since the Commodore 64 & Tandy (yeah I know old...)

Y

Y

Y

Y, I have 2 Metal Witch (http://metal-witch.atspace.org) & my ZC site (http://einsteingames.atspace.com)

e.Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported?
N

f.Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer?
Y & Y

g.Are you a programmer?
only in HTML

h.Have you beta tested other software in the past?
N

for at least 2 years, (1.92)
Origins, Origins 2nd Quest, Ganon's Return, Wake of the Sages (demo)
& now Bloodline of Heroes

PICTURES & QUESTS:
Einstein Games (http://einsteingames.atspace.com)

IV.Summation

I am very good at finding bugs & building quests. and I love ZC, and know alot about it.

mikepjr2
09-02-2006, 08:08 AM
I. General Information

My name is Michael and i like to play games games and more games.
I love using Zelda Classic of course, but more so since the addition of more customizations, i like to customize everything in and anything i make.

The other thing i like is the RPG maker series of game making software, i have had a lot of fun using that.
It is good to see things like what RPG maker uses finally come to Zelda classic.

Include information on the duration of which you've been using a computer, and software that you've used in the past.
Oh man, a good while, umm since i was really young, i never owned one until i was like 18, but i used one ever chance i was in school, i think they had apples back then.

a.Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen? yes i do
b.Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts? um yes but i hate to lol
c.Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents? yes i do
d.Do you know how to run a simple website? no
e.Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate. no im a windows user
f.Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past) crap, no examples but i have its what i love to do the most in Zelda classic is make something and watch it come to life
g.Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish) no im not, i try to, but im not too good at it
h.Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.) no, no one ever gave me the chance

Include information on the duration of which you've been using Zelda Classic and/or ZQuest. Include general information about how long you've been using either, quests you've beaten, quests you've made, etc.

I have been using Zelda classic since.... umm before 2000 i know that much and for the longest time i was sick of trying to make a quest that had nothing to do with Zelda but yet be stuck with words in the sub-screen like LIFE and TRIFORCE, so none of my quests ever got done or were released.
I have played a lot of quests. too many to count really, and i can not seem to think of names right off the back.

Im sorry, i cant post any pics right now, i don't have any.

IV.Summation

In this section, elaborate on why you would be an asset to the team, and provide other information that you wish to include which isn't addressed in any other section.

I wish i knew, i just want to help, weather you guys let me or not is up to you all.

a.How long have you been testing? i have tried to help when i can, but most people here beat me to the punch when reporting bugs

b.Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes? lol, oh yes, ummm... i have to look on a CD i have them burned to, if i can find it.

The_Amaster
09-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Umm...I guess I'd better make one of these too.

. General Information

I'm Al--, and I'm your typical guy who posts on forums like this. To inslut myself, I have the best of both geek and nerd charactoristics, like being an avid gamer, as well as reading constantly. I'm big into game design, and I love programs like ZC, RPGMaker XP, GameMaker, etc.

Include information on the duration of which you've been using a computer, and software that you've used in the past.
Oh, geez, where do I start. My fathers a graphic designer, and since age 6, he had me on his power mac, working in photoshop. Today, I'm still a Mac guy at heart, even though I have a PC. I've used PC's for 6 years, macs for nearly 11. I'm good in all Adobe programs(Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)I also have skills in HTML, and very VERY basic understanding of C++. Software wise over the years Ive used Way to many programs to list, or even remember.

a.Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen? Yes
b.Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts? Yeah, no problem
c.Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents? Yeah
d.Do you know how to run a simple website? Yeah, http://insanityforyou.tripod.com. Havent done much in almost a year though, please dont visit it.
e.Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate. Yeah, I'm much better at Mac than windows.
f.Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past) Well, I can work in photoshop, but I'm really not much of an artist. I'm more of a schemactic maker.
g.Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish) Yeah, I can use HTML, very basic C++, and a bt of Ruby.
h.Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.) Na, never had the chance.

Include information on the duration of which you've been using Zelda Classic and/or ZQuest. Include general information about how long you've been using either, quests you've beaten, quests you've made, etc.

I've had ZC around 3 years, but I just started really using it.
Umm...I've never completed a quest, mainly cause I just re-got into ZC a fw months ago. I'm curently working on one of my own, as well as dungeons for "Wind Waker 2"
Here are some screens.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/ZELDA011.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/ZELDA013.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/ZELDA014.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/ZELDA016.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/ZELDA017.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/ZELDA007.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/ZELDA008.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/ZELDA009.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/ZELDA010.jpg
I've played too many quests to list, but I havent beaten them all,

IV.Summation

I'm a very creative person, and I always to make my suggstions usefull, especially when suggesting new features, as I have a good grasp of what is and isn't possible. I'm a helpfull person, who enjoys giving others feedback.

I wish

a.How long have you been testing? Around 2 monthes.
b.Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes? Yeah