PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

Master Ghaleon
07-17-2005, 04:40 AM
How much do you pay per gallon for gas? Its like $2.27 a gal here now.

Glitch
07-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Paid 2.28 earlier today.

goKi
07-17-2005, 06:03 AM
$3.20US/Gal.

Everyone in your damn country shut up and stop bitching about your gas prices.

War Lord
07-17-2005, 06:28 AM
$3.20US/Gal.

Cry me a fucking river aussie. I just paid 3.25-3.30/US in Canada for gas recently.

As for how much I pay here, it's pathetic, but I really don't know.
I just pull up, slide my card, fill it up, take my receipt and go. Don't even pay attention to how much it is. Doesn't really matter does it? You need the shit anyway, no matter how much.

goKi
07-17-2005, 06:29 AM
The aussie dollar is down right now... otherwise it would be around $3.65US/gal.

Beldaran
07-17-2005, 09:56 AM
$3.20US/Gal.

Everyone in your damn country shutup and learn something about economics. Gas Prices are relative in regards to their change over time, and the reason we rail against them is not because it costs us an extra $4 per tank at the pump. It's because as a general effect, increasing gas prices CRIPPLE our economy, beginning with the way they strangle the airline industry which causes a decrease in travel, which cripples the service industry, which cripples low wage workers, which raises unemployment, which lowers the amount of money people spend on entertainment and luxury, which slowly strangles a multitude of other industries, from technology to automotive, and so on.

Plus,it's insulting to think that our corrupt government (controlled by big money interests) refuses to allow us to move beyond our rediculous dependence on foreign oil. It's infuriating to know that the dollars I spend on gas end up in the middle east funding the insurgents that are killing my countrymen in Iraq.

But I wouldn't expect someone who's from another country, and therefore infinitely more wise and cultured, to understand any of my immature prattling about gas prices. :mad:

elise
07-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Gee guys you call that expensive .............can we change we pay 6.34 us dollar a gallon .

Sute
07-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Sad story about my brother, his work is an hour away.. so he spends all the money he earns from work to pay for gas money TO get to work. Our gas money is only eh.. I'm just guessing 2 bucks. Not a big deal compared to some of you guys though.. ouch.

vegeta1215
07-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Plus,it's insulting to think that our corrupt government (controlled by big money interests) refuses to allow us to move beyond our rediculous dependence on foreign oil. It's infuriating to know that the dollars I spend on gas end up in the middle east funding the insurgents that are killing my countrymen in Iraq.

We do get oil from OPEC countries (most of which are in the middle east), but we also get oil from a lot of other places in the world too. I was surprised to learn this when I had a Human Geography class my senior year of college

Even so, I agree - not about our dependence of foreign oil, but oil in general. I'm hoping the government will further pursue other means of energy like hydrogen fuel cells and solar, wind, etc. But research for alternative energy sources takes a lot of money. Even after alternative energy sources become affordable, change won't happen over night - it will take a long time. Probably even longer cause I'm sure the oil companies have ties in the government.

I haven't bought gas since the AGN convention, but it was around $2.00 at the time.

Beldaran
07-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Even so, I agree - not about our dependence of foreign oil, but oil in general. I'm hoping the government will further pursue other means of energy like hydrogen fuel cells and solar, wind, etc.

That's actually what I meant. I was just in a really bad mood and had just woken up so I was typing faster than I was thinking.

Ganonator
07-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Gas in VA Beach last weekend was 2.05, but when I made it home to Seattle, they ranged from 2.37 to 2.53

slothman
07-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Well I just got gas today. I spent $2.592, per gallon. That was for plus though. It's usually about 6 cents less.

Orion
07-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Gas here is $2.13/gallon. Not too bad looking at some of yours. but, if you don't want to spend so much on gas all the time, don't speed. It saves quite a bit in the long run.

MrCow
07-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Its about $2.30s-$2.40s getting higher every week pretty much. Next step is to get everyone in hybrids. Looking better every day to get one of them.

Drunken Tiger
07-17-2005, 09:39 PM
$3.41US per gallon for a uni student is quite expensive.. I might have to stop going to uni.. So can someone please send me some gas money..;)

But seriously, the prices are killing us, I use around 1 tank a week but my dad uses around 1 tank every 2 days, only because he's a driving instructor.. That takes a fair bit out of his earnings.. :(

High gas prices suck shit.. Oh well.. Thats life i guess..

MANDRAG GANON
07-18-2005, 12:23 AM
95c (canadian) a litre right about now.
Pretty bad since $20 hardly lasts me 2 days of driving to work and back when it used to last me a week :\

mikeron
07-18-2005, 06:47 AM
$2.70 actually lower than I expected, as my buddy in Pacific Beach was bitching about $2.88. If you buy bottled water, shut the fuck up about the gas prices. ;)

goKi
07-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Up to $3.43US/Gal. Price rose 12c US per galon overnight... :\

ctrl-alt-delete
07-20-2005, 12:58 AM
This is officially something I have to worry about...see my new thread.

Glitch
07-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Paid 2.15 a gallon today. Filled my tank up.

Strider1982
07-20-2005, 02:32 AM
It ranges from about $2.00 to $2.20 here in southern Missouri, and the prices are fluctuating every day. It's annoying. I've actually only filled my tank partway the past several times I've needed gas (wait a minute...I lived in Australia for a while... I should be calling it "petrol").

I long for the days when prices were cheaper and well under $2. A full tank eats a fair portion of my usual $300 paycheck.

moocow
07-20-2005, 08:49 AM
It was 2.28 when I filled up on Monday... then yesterday, when I left work, I saw that it was 2.18. I was so irritated -_-

Verman
07-20-2005, 09:30 AM
0.98 a litre...

How many canadian litres are in an american gallon? Is an american gallon the same as a Canadian gallon?

I should know but I don't.

Archibaldo
07-20-2005, 11:21 AM
I don't know what its measured in here in Quebec but I know that the big sign by the gas station usually says something like 98.8. Somewhere around there. Once I even saw it above a dollar.

I think the US gallon might be different than ours since we have a different system of measurement. I know there are two "metric" and "imperial". I don't know who has what though. :shrug:

EDIT: Ok I'm pretty sure we have the imperial system and the US has the metric system. But don't quote me on it.

Orion
07-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Canada uses the metric system (hence, the liter), while the U.S. uses the imperial system (gallons). 1 Gallon equals approximately 3.78 liters, thusly, 98 cents a leter is about equivalent to $3.70/gallon (not taking into consideration the Canadian Dollar versus the U.S. Dollar).

In other news, I just filled up my tank at 2.07 U.S. dollars a Gallon last night. :P