PDA

View Full Version : Title Screen Help

LinkMaster500
07-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Is there a way that I can set up my title screen so that a player can push one button to get a quest intro and then push another button to start the quest? Also, is there a way I can use the "A" or "B" buttons for this?

jessethe2nd
07-17-2005, 04:29 AM
The only Way I can think of for this to be doneto set up two screens verticle to each other and have link apear on a tile along the bottom of the screenBe sure to surrond him completely with tile he can not walk onwith the exception of one tile to the left right or forward of him (jest one direction). now all the tiles I talk about are the one you designed for your title and intro screen be sure to set each tile as an overhead combo so that link will not be visible. Or I suppose you could also mark the invisible link flag under screen data. Be sure that all the tile with the exception of the one where link will appear and the one directly in front oflink when the quest starts. Now remember that other tile that I told you to leave walkable, Set it as a warp And link it to the starting point of your game this way when you press up you will begin the game. Nowthe reason I wanted link at the bottom of the screen is so he will be able to walk down to the screen below. Now this will be the intro screen you wanted set this to your likingbut remember to set all the tiles as overhead andbe sure to make all the tiles solid with the exception of the on link would walk onto when he entered the screenthis way when you press up on the intro screen you will be takin back to the title screen and from there when you press upagain your game will start

hope this helps