PDA

View Full Version : Imagine a Resident Evil Quest.

dvader654
07-14-2005, 03:17 AM
This idea just popped in my head today for a Resident Evil quest. Im a huge RE fan so mixing my two favorite franchises together would be a dream come true. I have no clue on how to do custom backgrounds, icons, or anything like that so i could never do it alone. But I had that stuff I would come up with a cool game.

So here is how it would work. RE is about conserving bullets and trying to survive, I would try to do the same with the quest. RE's main weapon is the gun, so I would make the arrow the gun and use it as the primary weapon in the game.I will start the game with the wooden sword and that will act as the knive, but thats the only sword you get. The arrows use rupees as ammo, so change the rupees into bullets. It will be hard to come by ammo, of course enemies will drop it, so that will be the main source of ammo.

As the game goes on you upgrade your arrow, which would be an upgrade in guns, like you get a shotgun or a magnum. The other itmes can be a variety of things, bombs can be grenades, the magic wand can be a bazooka, the candle can be the lighter, the potion can be herbs, you get the idea.

The game will be about running and surviving not fighting everything in your path. You will have little health for the whole game, maybe get an upgrade or too. Plus you can make the blue ring be a protective vest or something.

The game will not be structured like a Zelda game, it will be just one huge location. I would do it in the RE1 mansion. You got plenty of rooms and locations to visit. Of course the enemies will be classic RE enemies, from zombies, to cerebus, to the Hunter and lickers. The bosses can be the giant Snake, the plant (manhandala will work perfect for that), the giant spider can be gohma (that one is too easy) and of course a Tyrant (probably Ganon).

RE has plenty of puzzles so it will be easy to put puzzles in the game. The game will be story heavy, with many characters to talk to and stuff. So yeah thats my idea for an RE game. If anyone has the ability to make it please do so.

kopitiambread
07-14-2005, 12:58 PM
That sounds like an excellent idea!! *thumbs up* But yes, it'd take lots of planning into the monster/tile etc design.

I was thinking about the weapons you can use... How about the bommerang-like weapon that can stun enemies? Then again it'd make the game more Zelda-like rather than RE because I don't recall any stunning weapons in RE (the ones thatI've played)

dvader654
07-14-2005, 01:49 PM
That sounds like an excellent idea!! *thumbs up* But yes, it'd take lots of planning into the monster/tile etc design.

I was thinking about the weapons you can use... How about the bommerang-like weapon that can stun enemies? Then again it'd make the game more Zelda-like rather than RE because I don't recall any stunning weapons in RE (the ones thatI've played)

Yeah the boomerang is a tough one, I was thinking either leave it out, but that might be too hard or making it like a throwing knife. The icon would be a spinning knife so its as if you throw your knife at the zombies and that stuns them.

Love For Fire
07-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Well... you did use weaker weapons in RE to "stun" zombies by knocking them down and then running. The boomerang would make sense since you can run by unharmed.

An idea for items to use... you can make the Bait item a t-virus sample. Zombies would be atrracted to it... and you could have some character take it from you later on (I forget who takes it in RE2).

Water of Life= Red+Green Herb

I am wondering how you'll make use of the key system... maybe different puzzle items necessary for reaching certain doors... this all sounds like a great idea, if I had the patience, I would've done this a while ago.

dvader654
07-15-2005, 04:05 AM
Well... you did use weaker weapons in RE to "stun" zombies by knocking them down and then running. The boomerang would make sense since you can run by unharmed.

An idea for items to use... you can make the Bait item a t-virus sample. Zombies would be atrracted to it... and you could have some character take it from you later on (I forget who takes it in RE2).

Water of Life= Red+Green Herb

I am wondering how you'll make use of the key system... maybe different puzzle items necessary for reaching certain doors... this all sounds like a great idea, if I had the patience, I would've done this a while ago.

The key system would be the hardest thing to come up with since there will be no "dungeons" in the game, it will be just one big location.

Lets say we use the template of RE1, the mansion itself had four different keys that unlocked various portions of the house. Thats impossible to do in the game so what i would do is use regular locked doors but abstruct the ones i dont want you to enter yet. Maybe put some, wooden crate (block) in the way that you need to burn down with a stronger lighter (red candle). Or block the path where you need the raft or ladder to get past, or maybe a better gun (better arrow).

Also the house could be one "dungeon" that way I could put a boss key to act as a seperate key. Maybe each floor of the mansion could be a seperate "dungeon" that way i can have two seperate boss keys.

Basically it will have to be pretty creative to move the player in the right direction, and at the same time I want there to be freedom, like in RE.

kopitiambread
07-15-2005, 04:21 AM
The progressive aquisition of better weapons that can unlock the mansion sounds is a good idea... Like in Zelda games and those on Quest DB, level designers use weapons found in the previous dungeons to unlock the later dungeon stages or collect HC etc. An idea came to mind: How about adding a shop that sells essestial items like hearts, energy meter refills etc ? :p

Maybe the red candle can be a flamethrower and the blue candle a lighter/flare. And for the final boss, that door can have a specially designated key.

One more thing... Would a Darknut sort of enemy be a good one to have in the game? If the character is going to have a combat knife (lvl 1 sword) it would take a long time to kill them unless around those areas before or after the designer could set enemies to drop more grenades (bomb)

dvader654
07-15-2005, 01:48 PM
The progressive aquisition of better weapons that can unlock the mansion sounds is a good idea... Like in Zelda games and those on Quest DB, level designers use weapons found in the previous dungeons to unlock the later dungeon stages or collect HC etc. An idea came to mind: How about adding a shop that sells essestial items like hearts, energy meter refills etc ? :p

Maybe the red candle can be a flamethrower and the blue candle a lighter/flare. And for the final boss, that door can have a specially designated key.

One more thing... Would a Darknut sort of enemy be a good one to have in the game? If the character is going to have a combat knife (lvl 1 sword) it would take a long time to kill them unless around those areas before or after the designer could set enemies to drop more grenades (bomb)

I wouldn't want merchants in the game, I dont even like them in RE4. I would keep the save room though, it would just be a room with items to grab. Maybe I would make it a shop room but put no person in it and make all prices free. So just like in RE when you are in danger you can run to the save room.

The red candle as a flamethrower would be an awesome idea! Also I would make the magic wand a bazzoka and the book that gives it fire be flame rounds. I guess we can keep the triforce, just change it to crests or something, that way you need all of them to get to the final area (the lab).

As for the enemies you would have to be very selective. The enemies all need to be able to be killed using weapons other than the sword. As for darknuts, hammers kill them, problem is I have no clue what the hammer would be... maybe a chainsaw, I dont know. Pretty much no wizzrobes, maybe disgused as a boss. And probably no Gleeloks.

DarkFlameWolf
07-15-2005, 02:26 PM
heh, well this blows open the concept behind what Lost Isle was going to be before I abandoned it because no one would help with the tileset for it. lol

Love For Fire
07-15-2005, 03:11 PM
About the key system... if you fool around with the DMaps and levels for the rooms... you can make each boss key unlock a different set of doors. For example, you can find the armor key in dmap for level 2, and you could use boss locks, but only the armor key (lv2) would open. You would need the lv1 (shield key) or lv3 (helmet) to open different odors on different dmaps, although still all connectd together through one mansion.

dvader654
07-15-2005, 08:52 PM
About the key system... if you fool around with the DMaps and levels for the rooms... you can make each boss key unlock a different set of doors. For example, you can find the armor key in dmap for level 2, and you could use boss locks, but only the armor key (lv2) would open. You would need the lv1 (shield key) or lv3 (helmet) to open different odors on different dmaps, although still all connectd together through one mansion.

That is a great way. It might get complicated though, iterweaving all he dmaps together but it could work.

jessethe2nd
07-17-2005, 05:13 AM
I would be willing to create the quest but I would really need some one to create the tiles because I suck at it, Well usually suck at it, I am pretty good at moding tiles to my liking. But anyways If any one want me to do this throw together a tile set and email it to me as an attachment. Will start by mid to late august.

[email protected]

kopitiambread
07-17-2005, 07:29 AM
Another thought... How about like RE2 where you have 2 playable main characters: Claire and Leon. Maybe Leon/Claire could be the first quest when you start out then when you finish the game you get a password to unlock Claire's quest (2nd Quest) and maybe after Claire's quest you get the tofu boy's one where is just pure survival :)

dvader654
07-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Another thought... How about like RE2 where you have 2 playable main characters: Claire and Leon. Maybe Leon/Claire could be the first quest when you start out then when you finish the game you get a password to unlock Claire's quest (2nd Quest) and maybe after Claire's quest you get the tofu boy's one where is just pure survival :)

I was thinking the same thing but with the original game. Having the first game with Chris and then a second quest with Jill.

kopitiambread
07-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Hee :) What do you think about modding the hookshot into a rope/lasso item?