PDA

View Full Version : Help? zquest issues.

iwincom12
07-12-2005, 03:42 PM
A few questions.

1)How do i make it to where it will play a different midi on different overworld parts.

2)bug? does the 2 programs use different midi encoders because when i test the song on zquest its fine but it sounds messed up in zelda classic. how do i fix it if its not a bug?

3) when I make the caves and stuff, the people are outside instead of in their houses(caves)

4)my dungeon colors are all screwed up?!? how do i fix them

----------------------
I am a beginner at this but figured out most of this stuff by myself. alot of it is self explanatory. i am using pure tiles release 2 from purezc.com

ZeldaLord
07-12-2005, 04:05 PM
1) Use a different dmap, and a scrolling warp linking them together.
2) Yes, this is a known bug in 2.10. Not much you can do about it for now, I'm afraid.
3) When using cave dmaps, you have to set guys, strings, and everything else on the screen you want them to appear on, not on the overworld.
4) Have you set the correct dungeon palette in the dmap edit dialog?

iwincom12
07-12-2005, 04:17 PM
1) Use a different dmap, and a scrolling warp linking them together.
2) Yes, this is a known bug in 2.10. Not much you can do about it for now, I'm afraid.
3) When using cave dmaps, you have to set guys, strings, and everything else on the screen you want them to appear on, not on the overworld.
4) Have you set the correct dungeon palette in the dmap edit dialog?

1 works, thanx

2 all right im using 2.10

3 huh? ok. I did everything to set the cave and tested it and it worked. then I added another cave on another screen and now everything is outside as if there are no caves even though all the values are still set.

4 all right that works.

also im having trouble with links sprite. it shows on the sprite screen. what do I use to fix the sprites.paint?

ZeldaLord
07-12-2005, 07:34 PM
How have you set up your cave, have you used a seperate dmap, or screen 80 (cave/item room warp)? If it's screen 80, make sure your dmap level number is 0.

iwincom12
07-12-2005, 11:11 PM
How have you set up your cave, have you used a seperate dmap, or screen 80 (cave/item room warp)? If it's screen 80, make sure your dmap level number is 0.
allright thanx