PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a noob

TriGod
07-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Before I start, I would like everyone to know that i am new at Zelda Classic and I have gone over the tutorial.

I have a few questions that weren't answered by the tutorial

1. Even though it seems that I set up my placement properly, link exits a dungeon on entering, if i move the entry point, he will move toward the bottom of the screen. Why does this happen and is there a way to fix it

2. When I make a floor template, it only creates a floor and the walls where the doors will go, leaving the rest of the walls black. Why does this happen

3. I create a room with several bomable blocks, and they are all nowhere near eachother, yet when I detonate a bomb on one of them, they all go. what causes this and is there a way to make it so each one is detonated by seperate bombs

4. Is there a way to have 2 undercombos in one room

5. Is there a way, other than creating a new Dmap, to have 2 or more different caves

6. Is there a way to make something grab the hookshot other than one of the preset hookshot grab tiles

7. How can you get something to change when a block is moved, such as the draining of the water in the room

8. How do layers work

9. I want to put up a statue, but when i do, i get a black background behind it instead of the green grass I want. Is there a way to change this

I would thank anyone who would be able to answer any or all of these questions.
On a final note, I use Zquest 2.10 and pure tileset 2.2

Kingboo30
07-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Well I do know 1 thing. For question 3 there can only be 1 bombable tile and burnable. Quite sad really. This shouldn't really bother your quest or anything. You may have to change the dungeon around. Draining water I believe can only be done with flute. Again Sad. The Gray tile that appears when you push something is called the Undercombo. The screen is original this color. To fix this select the tile you want under it. Go to Data> Undercombo. It should be at the bottom. Click Yes or Ok and when you test it out. It's normal.

You have a very Creative mind and that will help you alot.

Rakki
07-13-2005, 07:49 PM
1: You have to have the green square DIRECTLY against the bottom edge of the screen for Link to walk up into the dungeon. It should be half covered by the black checkerboard pattern at the bottom of the screen.

2: You need to make the template for the walls on screen 83. That's the room it grabs the walls from when you use a template.

3: Like Kingboo said, there's no way around this.

4: You can actually use secret combos as under combos, just place them on something like grass or a bush, and when you cut it, it'll change to the secret combo. However, if there's a flag like an arrow or bomb or such set in the screen, when you set that off, it'll trigger the secret combos too, so, don't use secret combo undercombos in screens where you need to bomb or shoot or do whatever to something.

5: Two or more caves in the same screen? It's possible, but hard, so, you probably shouldn't try it since you're new to ZQuest. Which is exactly why I'm not going to bother explaining it here. =P

6: Yeah, you just have to set the combo type as "hookshot grab" or something along those lines.

7: Secret combos. Place a block switch flag on a switch, place a pushable block flag on a block, and set the secret combos for what the room should be like when it's drained on the water.

8: Layers are simply another screen placed on top of the current one. To use them, just make the combos you want to be on the layer in another screen, and then go to the screen you want to use the layer in and set the screen number to the number of the layer screen you made, and the map number to the number of the map that that screen is on(the layer screen, not the current screen).

9: Combos like that are meant to be used on layers, that black is actually clear, but it shows up as black when it's placed on the current, or screen, layer. Use it on a layer in the method I mentioned above to get it to work.

Hope that answered at least some of your questions, lol. By the way, welcome.

TriGod
07-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey, Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it