PDA

View Full Version : Cave Dmap...

King Aquamentus
07-12-2005, 12:08 AM
What exactly is a cave Dmap? is it just a Dmap version of where the old man resides and talks to you, or is it like the caves of Alttp and Link's awakening? It's been bothering me for awhile...

Kingboo30
07-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Well it's like a big cave using the old man cave tiles. You have use the normal overworld tiles though. When you play it it should appear like the old man's room. Pretty useful

King Aquamentus
07-12-2005, 05:08 PM
so, I could use it to, say... make a house? Add music to a cave? Sounds useful, someday I'm sure I'll use it.

If you leave it, does it always take you back to the dmap you came from(like ordinary caves)?

Rakki
07-13-2005, 07:08 PM
No, you have to set up a warp for it to take you back to where you want it to. Caves just act like a mix of a dungeon and an overworld, it uses screen transitioning like the overworld(no doors, though you can use combo doors you make yourself if you want), and a map like in dungeons, and you can have people and text right on the screens like in dungeons, unlike how people only show up on screen 80 in overworld dmaps. So yeah.

ZeldaLord
07-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Well it's like a big cave using the old man cave tiles. You have use the normal overworld tiles though. When you play it it should appear like the old man's room. Pretty useful
Not necessarily, you can use any tiles or level palette you want. :)
In most tilesets, though, it's become a standard for caves to use palette A.

Sir_Johnamus
07-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Apart from that standard, I made a deathroom cave using level 9 pallette.