PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker

Great Warrior
07-11-2005, 06:18 AM
I had been reading this forum for more than six months when I registered. I found the topics that were discussed funny and interesting and I felt that you were always having fun and you all knew each other. Something kept me coming back. One night I noticed topics that were moved and I could not read them anymore because it said I was not logged in. So curiosity got the better of me and I registered to see where the topics were moved. A few days later, I read something and wanted to give my opinion so I remembered I could and I logged in and replied. I did not post the usual “hi, I am new” topic because I thought all you had to do was look at my post counter and registry date to know that I was. Glad to be able to post, I went on a frenzy...
The experience has been mixed. While some people welcomed me, acted normal and were nice to me; others simply ignored me, were always asking “who is this?” or accused me of “trolling” or told me to “leave, noobey” – when they could not even spell it right - or decided I was “gay” as if it was an insult that would send me cowering to where I came from. This almost makes me wonder if AGN really wants to see new members, or is interested in anyone’s opinion other than the same old members. Do not get me wrong, I am not whining like a cry baby who got his first bashing online and my only two encounters with staff – Ganonator and carrot_red – have been more than very nice.

Hi, I am new and it is my birthday today. Happy 22nd to me.

Archibaldo
07-11-2005, 07:32 AM
Ummm Happy Birthday?

linkofzelda1
07-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Happy birthday, Great Warrior. You've been able to drink (legally... :P) for a whole year now, how does it feel?

Breaker
07-11-2005, 11:55 AM
So why are you posting with two accounts? I've been meaning to ban you, but I've been busy. Please make your explanation a good one. Be creative!

Dark_Cloud 82.96.100.100
Great Warrior 82.96.100.100

carrot red
07-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Frankly, I don't recall any *encounter* with you in any of my forums. You follow the rules and I never had to say a thing to you one way or the other.

If people ignore you, guess what? You can ignore them back. : p It's as simple as that. (Just don't go looking for people because you will most likely find them.)

When I emerged from the ZC Forums, the first (or so) reply I got was something like *This is a forum with a majority of guys* So what? It didn't stop me from coming back.

The thing is, we all get bad rep, (I even had a guy who tried to tell me in which forums I should post) some of us are rep-points-happy and some aren't. Don't go checking your rep points all the time and don't break any rules, and you'll do just fine.

Master Ghaleon
07-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Once you hit 21, there is no age to look forward too. So your 22 on all you get to do now is eat cake! Happy Bday!

deathbyhokie
07-11-2005, 01:42 PM
When I emerged from the ZC Forums, the first (or so) reply I got was something like *This is a forum with a majority of guys* So what? It didn't stop me from coming back.

prety sure that was me. and of course, i didn't know you had been in the ZC forums as i never went into them.

happy b-day GW. 3 more years till your insurance premiums drop

carrot red
07-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Nope, it wasn't you, you were busy polishing your *shining armor* then. It was that kid who used an avatar Geru liked and used. I believe he got banned, but I don't remember his name or why. Oops, I forgot my partial amnesia.

fatcatfan
07-11-2005, 02:14 PM

If anything it encouraged you to stay :p

Anyway, GW, you might ease off a bit. You seem to go crazy in FG *shrug* I'm not complaining though.

Breaker
07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
You follow the rules and I never had to say a thing to you one way or the other.

No, he doesn't. Glad to see my posts go ignored.

carrot red
07-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Glad to see my posts go ignored.
They don't, Breaker.

punkonjunk1024
07-11-2005, 05:20 PM
What doesn't? Breaker? what? Oh crap...

Uh, happy 22. AGN doesn't necisarrily hate n00bs in my oppinion...
It's just an approach. Stick around, it's a bit of a rough crowd, but it's fun.
Heh, I went through the same ordeal. Except I'm more obnoxious and arrogant, so I wasn't really detered.

Great Warrior
07-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Frankly, I don't recall any *encounter* with you in any of my forums. You follow the rules and I never had to say a thing to you one way or the other.

If people ignore you, guess what? You can ignore them back. : p It's as simple as that. (Just don't go looking for people because you will most likely find them.)

The thing is, we all get bad rep, (I even had a guy who tried to tell me in which forums I should post) some of us are rep-points-happy and some aren't. Don't go checking your rep points all the time and don't break any rules, and you'll do just fine.
I do not check my reputation points all the time. The first time I saw them was when I wanted to edit my signature to make it smaller - I still cannot give any reputation points to people, but it is not important since I know they would not count for much - I do not reply to all the threads and I play in games forum in the games that are a novelty for me and where nobody can accuse me of trolling, spamming or adding to my posts counter.
I have a hard time thinking that you would take crap from anyone, carrot red.
I am not creative, I am not very busy now, I read the rules and I did not break any rules that I am aware of.

carrot red
07-12-2005, 12:05 PM
I have a hard time thinking that you would take crap from anyone, carrot red.
I don't. AND I turn those who dare mess with me into frogs. I'm a redheaded witch and I'm creating a new breed of frogs. Any candidates? :evil:

punkonjunk1024
07-12-2005, 12:16 PM
That was funny.

I think have 2 accounts is a rule. I would suggest that you talk to a higher up thats not breaker about merging them.
And probobly do it before brekkar just hits the big red button on yah.
But I don't know, this might be rent a modding, or advice, i'm not sure...

Dechipher
07-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeah, because we all know Breaker just LOVES to ban people when they break the rules. :rolleyes:

Going around a staff member is not a good idea. The best idea would be to talk to that specific staff member, rather than trying to be sneaky about it. You might be granted limited amnesty if you go to another staff member, but Breaker can find a thousand reasons to ban anyone. Trust me, I know. In any case, you're probably screwed for having more than 2 accounts, but that's just my opinion.

Great Warrior
07-13-2005, 02:40 AM
Yeah, because we all know Breaker just LOVES to ban people when they break the rules. :rolleyes:

Going around a staff member is not a good idea. The best idea would be to talk to that specific staff member, rather than trying to be sneaky about it. You might be granted limited amnesty if you go to another staff member, but Breaker can find a thousand reasons to ban anyone. Trust me, I know. In any case, you're probably screwed for having more than 2 accounts, but that's just my opinion.
If I broke any rules would I still be here then? Thank you for the advice, I am thankful to you both for your concern - Punkonjunk1024 and Dechipher - but this is like the beating topic. You all believe a person is lying before believing what he wrote is the truth. I am also not a sneaky person.

No candidate, carrot red.