PDA

View Full Version : Somebody call the whambulance

Beldaran
07-10-2005, 02:08 AM
whaaaaaa :uhoh:

My parents came to visit me over the past 10 days. I love them very much and we are very close. They just left to go back to Washington (I live in Texas) a few minutes ago. I miss them so much. My heart is full of the ouch.

Does anyone else live away from the parents and actually miss them? I know not everyone has a close relationship with their parents, but maybe some of you can relate.

fatcatfan
07-10-2005, 02:20 AM
cut the momma's boy act, Bel. I'm not buying it :waggle:

Actually, I'm moving back to my hometown soon, and I dread being that close to my family. Harsh, but true.

Beldaran
07-10-2005, 02:35 AM
haha I'm not a momma's boy. :)

I just really like my parents. They are rad people to hang out with.

Master Ghaleon
07-10-2005, 02:42 AM
I live 30 min from my family but see them almost everyday. I do think about them but dont miss them.

mikeron
07-10-2005, 06:18 AM
All hail the buffer zone.

Brasel
07-10-2005, 10:58 AM
I miss my parents. I'm actually very close to both of them. Miss my wife too.

carrot red
07-10-2005, 01:21 PM
cut the momma's boy act, Bel. I'm not buying it :waggle:
I am. Maybe because I know him better. :saint:

Poor Bel.

I'm very close to my own parents and I still live with them (I have the whole basement to myself,) so all's well. However I miss my granny who lives back home and I try to visit her as often as I can when she doesn't come to stay with us for a few days every couple of months.

Foxy
07-10-2005, 01:24 PM
My parents are missionaries in Jamaica (sounds like a nice cushy job, but trust me, it isn't. Most of the country is poverty-stricken and ridden with drugs and murder). I only get to see them once a year, if I'm lucky. My little sister is with them as well, so that makes it all the more difficult to be away from them. I've always been close with my family, and am proud to say that I've got two of the best parents ever. So yeah...I understand how you feel, Bel. Totally.

Kudos to you for loving your parents that much, and for telling the whole world just how much they mean to you. I'm with you on this one. *thumbsup*

ShadowTiger
07-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Sure, I love my parents. My mother much more than my father, but I love them. o_o My mom is a really awesome person. She's always so upbeat. (Now I know where I get it. :p ) My dad won't say a word if you speak to him though. o_O' ...

fatcatfan
07-11-2005, 08:46 AM
I am.

Which is, I imagine, why it was posted in the first place :tongue:

carrot red
07-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Which is, I imagine, why it was posted in the first place :tongue:
Not. This thread was for everyone but me, since I knew they were coming before they did and I was in on the details up to the dinner they had before they left that day. : cool :

The guy loves his parents and misses them. That's the purpose of this thread.

Beldaran
07-11-2005, 12:35 PM
If I was trying to impress carrot red, I wouldn't do it by posting a sappy topic about missing my parents. I posted a sappy topic about missing my parents because I'm lucky enough to miss my parents because they rock.

If I was trying to impress carrot red, I would point out what a sexy guitar player I am, try to hide what an obvious nerd I am, and just generally let my awesomeness hang out all over the place like a bunch of unsightly fat. Because I have that much awesomeness. If awesomeness were corruption, I would be a sucessful politician. If awesomeness were pointlessness, I would be a TV. I am so awesome it's pathetic!

...wait, I forgot what I was talking about?

fatcatfan
07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
oh stop it already :waggle:

deathbyhokie
07-11-2005, 01:53 PM
If I was trying to impress carrot red, I would point out what a sexy guitar player I am, try to hide what an obvious nerd I am, and just generally let my awesomeness hang out all over the place like a bunch of unsightly fat.

you could also paint your skin green, and put a couple little antennae things on your head. i hear she likes the martian look

carrot red
07-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Shoo!
Knock it off, you two. FYI, Bel was the first Martian candidate. All that's missing is a witty remark from Daark now. And the AWOL families.

fatcatfan
07-11-2005, 02:06 PM
/me thinks Bel is at least smart enough to know that the redhead isn't in to machismo.
Thus, he's saying exactly the sort of things that would endear him to her.

Yeah, what hokie said. If anything it's probably a plus that Bel's a trekkie nerd ;)