PDA

View Full Version : Kirby tiles and lots of them!

Zelda Master
07-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Hi i'm trying to make a Kirby quest. the thing is i have the Kirby tiles [AKA: LINK TILES] but I need: Overworld Tiles, dungeon tiles [if possible] Boss tiles [like sun and moon] items [like star rod] and of course Enemies. Does anyone have these?

NOTE: I WANT THE TILES TO LOOK LIKE KIRBY: NIGHTMARE IN DREAMLAND OR KIRBY AND THE AMAZING MIRROR.

Zelda_Warrior
07-20-2005, 01:13 AM
I could make some tiems if you wanted me to. Just ask me the items you want and i'll ty to make something.

Zelda Master
07-20-2005, 04:58 PM
I could make some tiems if you wanted me to. Just ask me the items you want and i'll ty to make something.
Well, the main thing i need is: Maxim tomatoes, 1 Ups, Star rod, cutter boomerang, i think thats it for know i'll edit if i need more.

punkonjunk1024
07-20-2005, 05:42 PM
the thing is i have the Kirby tiles [AKA: LINK TILES] but I need: Overworld Tiles, dungeon tiles [if possible] Boss tiles [like sun and moon] items [like star rod] and of course Enemies. Does anyone have these?
Um.... Fira? :odd:

MasterSwordUltima
07-27-2005, 04:43 AM
You realize that you're not going to get far unless you make a goooooood majority of your quest tiles, right? Especially for such a custom quest. Good luck to you though, It would be quite boss to play a Kirby quest. Humm....

questerd00dman^
08-01-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm working on a kirby quest and I just took screenshots and made tiles from the NES rom. I can make you some tiles from one of the GBA roms if you want.

Zelda Master
08-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Sweet.:) It would help a lot cause sadly i can't find any gba roms of Kirby and second i don't know hot to rip images from roms...:(

questerd00dman^
08-01-2005, 08:07 PM
ok cool, i allready have most of a kirby style "cloud" dungeon complete. I just need to make the doors.

Edit: BTW i have a kirby style heart meater you just place the the tile that has a hp unit and half an hp unit as the first tile of the whole tileset and the one that has an empty health unit as the 2nd tile. You will have to draw your own 8x8 image for the rupee's that goes in the same tile next to the empty hp unit though and in the 1st tile below the full hp unit you will need to make a little thing for the "Continue, Save, Retry" menu. If you see what i mean. :confused:

Zelda Master
08-01-2005, 08:22 PM
I see what you mean.:)

questerd00dman^
08-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Cloud Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/cdungeon.gif)

:D Done. Alot more might come. Use however you like. If the colors don't come out correctly when you rip the palette then tell me and i will try what i can to get rid of some of the colors that dont make much a diffrence...

Tell me if you can't get to the URL or see the image.

EDIT: Yeah, you will have to separate the diffrent parts of the image to make diffrent images of 16 colors each. Then rip the colors of all the images to 1 Pallette.

EDIT2: Oops, I didn't remember the doors either! Coming up in a little bit.

Zelda Master
08-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Nice Tiles! These WILL defenaitly come in handy!:D Thanxs!

Just added them. slight pallete miscauclation. But Who cares?! THERE'RE GREAT!!

questerd00dman^
08-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Well, the doors might not be as great when I finish with them, but if you want the palette to look perfect, when im done making the doors they will be in an image with only the cloud dungeon. That way you can rip that image (11 colors) into one cset. if you follow.

(BTW: Dont forget to leave me credit at the begining or end of your quest! :tongue: )

EDIT: We3ooo000OOoo0! Doors completed!

To download them click meeeeeee. (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/cdungeon.gif)

I guess they came out ok. They are like the perfect size for kirby!

(I feel kinda wierd right now. Just incase anybody wonders why my edit is so wierd.)

Zelda Master
08-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Oh yeah! this is getting better by the second!

questerd00dman^
08-02-2005, 07:03 PM
In case you want any more, here they are, I was up all night on em. :D

Cloud Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/cdungeon.gif)
Dirt Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/ddungeon.gif)
Rock Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/rdungeon.gif)

I still can't find any tiles that I can make good for the overworld. :mad2:

(Oh and don't worry about parts of the image being white, its just the transparacy, it will go away when you rip them.)

Zelda Master
08-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks! i wonder what an overworld would be like.

questerd00dman^
08-02-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm going to use the nightmare in dreamland rom to find the overworld and maybe more dungeons.
Currently I only have amazing mirror, I jusy got to find dreamland.

(Yes, I do have both of these games on GBA so It isn't illigal for me to have the roms for more than 24 hours.)

Zelda Master
08-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Yeah so do I, and it is a great game! Hmm.. I'm thinking about custom bosses. That would be so cool! Kirby VS Meta-knight! Alls i need is the tiles and that can happen!:D

questerd00dman^
08-02-2005, 08:07 PM
I can't find the stupid rom... I'm just going to have to find overworld from the amazing mirror.

I don't know how to make custom bosses but that would rock! Or you could play as meta-knight and kirby's the custom boss. Since swords are the main weapon in ZC and meta knight has one.You use conveyer belt combos at the screen warps to make it look like he is sucking you up. Then you put damage combos around kirby and viola!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and to avoid being sucked up you have to slice at him just before he eats you to damage him, causing the combos everywhere to warp you to the next screen where he starts to suck you up again.

Zelda Master
08-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Oh yeah.. Kirby with a sword? it makes sence a little because of sword and Master powers. But Meta-Knight yeah! That means i need meta-knight link tiles..

questerd00dman^
08-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Wooden Dungeon (Moonlight Mansion) (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/wdungeon.gif) :D

I really enjoy doing this, another dungeon, still can't find the something good for the overworld. I still havn't gotten far on the ROM yet so there is still a good chance i'll eventually find the overworld. Maybe if I could find an area on my 100% completed gba version that has green on the closer-background layer so I could use that as grass... Then find it on the ROM and rip away... :think:

I can tell your kirby quest is going to be better than mine even though I am going to use the same tiles as I provide for yours. (I ain't only working for you ;) ) Mainly because mine won't get finished soon enough and I am best with making graphics instead of quests. :odd:

(Lava Dungeon from that one area in kirby the amazing mirror is coming next, if I can get there this early in the game.)

Zelda Master
08-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Wooden Dungeon (Moonlight Mansion) (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/wdungeon.gif) :D

I really enjoy doing this, another dungeon, still can't find the something good for the overworld. I still havn't gotten far on the ROM yet so there is still a good chance i'll eventually find the overworld. Maybe if I could find an area on my 100% completed gba version that has green on the closer-background layer so I could use that as grass... Then find it on the ROM and rip away... :think:

I can tell your kirby quest is going to be better than mine even though I am going to use the same tiles as I provide for yours. (I ain't only working for you ;) ) Mainly because mine won't get finished soon enough and I am best with making graphics instead of quests. :odd:

(Lava Dungeon from that one area in kirby the amazing mirror is coming next, if I can get there this early in the game.)Yep this does look like moonlight mansion! Hmmm.. i started my quest. all these tiles will surely help!:D

Oh and if you want midis, go to vgmusic.com and look under game boy advance- G-P and you'll find good midis. trust me!

EDIT: I'm still trying to work the palletes on the first thing you gave me. [ the treasure chests swithces..]

questerd00dman^
08-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Just cut the image into diffrent parts and rip them sepratly so the Csets are perfect...

I just finished 2 dungeons ill edit this and post them in a small bit... when you see them you will find i'm... coldblooded...

EDIT: Here are the new dungeons I submitted 1 of these yesterday and 3 today to pureZC and they are allready up on the site :) both of these from pepperment palace.

Ice Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/idungeon.gif)
Frozen Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/fdungeon.gif)

Hope you like em...

EDIT2: Hold on i forgot to FTP em so you can get to them...

EDIT3: Fixed... moving on...

EDIT4: (Can you belive it!?) Ok well my dad has this thing that makes the internet shut off at 9:30 here (It was 11:00 but he changed it because he is an evil B**te*d) and in this time zone 9:30 is in about just 15 minutes so... I'll have 3 more dungeons (maybe the overworld) probably done tomarrow... well im just going to eat and work on them overnight. (I only sleep like once a week.) So... peace! Oh, and the reason he has it is because he thinks it will make me and my brother not stay up all night... :odd:

So... thats basicly explaining I won't be able to post tonight... only tomarrow... okbye!

EDIT5: (UGH!) I'm back... last night I looked and looked for tiles that looked rippable into ZC and I discoverd a few... things... this isn't the right place to discuss them, because they arn't related to this thread... not even related to ZC... I don't know why I did it but you can contact me privatly if you want to see... (No i couldn't find any good tiles, I found that the "Mustard Mountain" volcano wasn't rippable because the BG3 layer wasn't a simple single pattern. :odd: )

EDIT6: (Dangit will someone post so I can stop editing!?) It appears I did finish a set of tiles and I forgot about it...

Rich Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/rodungeon.gif)

Zelda Master
08-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Just cut the image into diffrent parts and rip them sepratly so the Csets are perfect...

I just finished 2 dungeons ill edit this and post them in a small bit... when you see them you will find i'm... coldblooded...

EDIT: Here are the new dungeons I submitted 1 of these yesterday and 3 today to pureZC and they are allready up on the site :) both of these from pepperment palace.

Ice Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/idungeon.gif)
Frozen Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/fdungeon.gif)

Hope you like em...

EDIT2: Hold on i forgot to FTP em so you can get to them...

EDIT3: Fixed... moving on...

EDIT4: (Can you belive it!?) Ok well my dad has this thing that makes the internet shut off at 9:30 here (It was 11:00 but he changed it because he is an evil B**te*d) and in this time zone 9:30 is in about just 15 minutes so... I'll have 3 more dungeons (maybe the overworld) probably done tomarrow... well im just going to eat and work on them overnight. (I only sleep like once a week.) So... peace! Oh, and the reason he has it is because he thinks it will make me and my brother not stay up all night... :odd:

So... thats basicly explaining I won't be able to post tonight... only tomarrow... okbye!

EDIT5: (UGH!) I'm back... last night I looked and looked for tiles that looked rippable into ZC and I discoverd a few... things... this isn't the right place to discuss them, because they arn't related to this thread... not even related to ZC... I don't know why I did it but you can contact me privatly if you want to see... (No i couldn't find any good tiles, I found that the "Mustard Mountain" volcano wasn't rippable because the BG3 layer wasn't a simple single pattern. :odd: )

EDIT6: (Dangit will someone post so I can stop editing!?) It appears I did finish a set of tiles and I forgot about it...

Rich Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/rodungeon.gif)
Thanks! This will look like Carrot Castle! hmmm.. Death Mountain could be Mustard mountain. i think we could use lava from the tileset i'm using.

questerd00dman^
08-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Ugh... last night was rough, I finished one of my greatest dungeons yet but I really don't think it was worth all the complicatedness and then while waiting for my internet to come back on I put myself under more brain pressure by playing advance wars... (Stupid puzzling war strategies! It's a sweet game though, both 1 & 2 are.) Here ya go... you will probably really, REALLY like these. 1 more dungeon and all levels 1-9 will be done! :highfive:

Tech Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/tdungeon.gif)

(Kinda hard to figure out so theres an example on the sheet. Oh, and I had to replace the orange colors with the teal due to cset limitations.)

EDIT: HUH!? This link, and all of the above links arn't working now... I didn't change anything...

EDIT2: I think my dad took his site down, making all of our sites go down also. I can't get to them either... I'll see with him whenever I see him again. Sorry about that...

EDIT3: He just told me the server his site is on is being fixed. So the site is only accessable sometimes... try back later if you can't get to them

Zelda Master
08-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Ugh... last night was rough, I finished one of my greatest dungeons yet but I really don't think it was worth all the complicatedness and then while waiting for my internet to come back on I put myself under more brain pressure by playing advance wars... (Stupid puzzling war strategies! It's a sweet game though, both 1 & 2 are.) Here ya go... you will probably really, REALLY like these. 1 more dungeon and all levels 1-9 will be done! :highfive:

Tech Dungeon (http://www.redagate.net/users/mmh/tdungeon.gif)

(Kinda hard to figure out so theres an example on the sheet. Oh, and I had to replace the orange colors with the teal due to cset limitations.)

EDIT: HUH!? This link, and all of the above links arn't working now... I didn't change anything...

EDIT2: I think my dad took his site down, making all of our sites go down also. I can't get to them either... I'll see with him whenever I see him again. Sorry about that...

EDIT3: He just told me the server his site is on is being fixed. So the site is only accessable sometimes... try back later if you can't get to them
I got to them. If i'm not mistaken, this is probably Candy Constellation!

Zelda_Warrior
08-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Alright, ive made a few items, but I was gone for awhile.

Tell me the following:

Do you want every item to be 1X1 pixels big?

Also, what pallette (Tileset will do) Are these for? I ned this so I can make them and you won't have to recolor them

I got the tomatoe and the rod done though.

Zelda Master
08-08-2005, 04:41 PM
If you go to the first page in the thread, look for questerdoodman's second/third post. then rip the pallete.

questerd00dman^
08-08-2005, 08:23 PM
I got to them. If i'm not mistaken, this is probably Candy Constellation! Know what else? Nothing!
(I added that last part in. :tongue: )

Oh yes it it is. I'm looking into a way to rip the hard mustard mountain. Then all 9 dungeons needed for zelda will be done.

Oh you might want to read this for anybody who is allready reading this fourm so they don't make same mistakes others did if they are the kind of people who want to review my tiles. (Submitted and Up on PureZC.)

Not going to mention any name personally but...
Y'know, people should actually try ripping them and see if they can work first BEFORE they go criticizing them. The comments on pureZC say they are:

1. "Not the right perspective for the NESW doors." - I have made sure and they DO work out perfectly maybe people should try them BEFORE running thier mouths... hm? They LOOK wrong but the eye can trick you.

2. "Tiles are coverd in white." - I know this, but if they would bother to actually get the tiles into a quest they'd see what happens to the white: OMGITSGONE! It's some transparent glitch that doesn't appear when in ZC or editing the image.

3. "Not enough tiles for a dungeon!" - Yes there is, yes there is. I have verified all of my dungeons before sending them in that it is indeed possible to finish a complete dungeon.

4. "You have things to learn." - Uhm... yeah, about that. None of the above were actually wrong, they APPEARED wrong to most. It looks like you still have things to learn. I would know, spriting has been my buisness for years.

Yeah, sorry about that, just trying to correct things. Bear that in mind everyone.

Anyways zeldamaster, I will try to get mustard mountain if I ever get the time and can figure out how I should rip them.

Zelda Master
08-08-2005, 09:53 PM
I know, You made these tiles and everyone justs says they're bad! When 95% of the time they DIDN'T Even test their quest! And anyway, Mustard mountain {if you rip the image} will be Death Mountain!

Zelda_Warrior
08-09-2005, 10:03 AM
I should have the tiles ready to go in 2 days. (I haven't been on lately) How should I get them to you?

Zelda Master
08-09-2005, 04:50 PM
You can PM me or email, me the site for them.

questerd00dman^
08-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Even though i havn't quite found a way to rip the mustard mountain (Getting closer though.) mainly because I've been looking around for a good ground tile from the bg3 layer. (or was it bg2?) Anyway, I've been thinking about getting the pressed down switches and I could get you the things you find in chests. (You could use the extra vitality hearts as heart containers, you could use 3 spray paints as ring colors just change the ring pallettes as to match kirby's main tile except with the pallette from the spray paints.. The maps as maps for dungeons. (Like, duh!) You could use the sound player and the kirby face for something else. If you want them, I can get them in a snap of the fingers. Then you just separate the ones you want to use from the main image and rip thier csets.

Zelda_Warrior
08-11-2005, 11:02 PM
I have one tile left to do, all of them have animated and non-animated versions, have 3 different styles, each with different colros, and are very organized, 14 tiles total.

I'l get them to you tomorrow, i'm not quite doen with the boomerang it dosen't look quite right lol

Zelda_Warrior
08-16-2005, 08:55 AM
For some reason stuff on my comptuer is randomly being deleted, and one of the things that was deleted was the tiles. =( I think my hardrive's going bad, but I had the itmes prefected and now they're gone.

Zelda Master
08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Hmm. i could get the overworld tiles... IF i had the rom.