PDA

View Full Version : Freeform dungeon doors.

King Aquamentus
07-09-2005, 10:02 PM
I know i've seen a quest that had freeform dungeons and still had doors Link would go UNDER. But I also know that you can't set "overhead" combos on the edge of the screen. How do you get Link to walk UNDER the doorways with freeform dungeons on?

Zelda Master
07-09-2005, 10:21 PM
I know i've seen a quest that had freeform dungeons and still had doors Link would go UNDER. But I also know that you can't set "overhead" combos on the edge of the screen. How do you get Link to walk UNDER the doorways with freeform dungeons on?
How can you be so sure that "freeform dungeons" rule ISN'T checked? You see, when i'm making a legend of zelda a link to the past, i use freeform dungeons BUT I don't check "freeform dungeons rule'. In short: you don't have to check freeform dungeons to use freeform dungeons.

King Aquamentus
07-09-2005, 10:58 PM
But you do end up with these annoying invisible walls...

Rakki
07-09-2005, 10:58 PM
What makes you think you can't put overhead combos on the edge of the screen? It's really just as simple as doing that, making door combos with an overhead type and placing them where you want the doorway at on the edge of the screen.

You can also make locked doors by using lock block combos, boss locked doors with the boss lock block combo(I'm pretty sure), and even shutters, through the use of trigger combos in front of the doorway where the shutter happens, so you hit it as soon as you go through the doorway.

King Aquamentus
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
I'll try it, but I'm pretty sure the manual says no.

Rakki
07-09-2005, 11:31 PM
The manual must be wrong then, cause I'VE used freeform dungeons and put doors like that, and they work, so, yeah.

King Aquamentus
07-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Okay, I've tried it, and it works. Weird...

ZeldaLord
07-10-2005, 07:00 AM
The manual's out of date, so a things which probably held true at some point don't anymore.

King Aquamentus
07-10-2005, 04:20 PM
I think I read it in the 2.10 manual. I know, I downloaded it separate from Zelda Classic.

Cloral
07-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Another thing to note is you can still use the door tool in freeform dungeons if you want. You can't use it to place doors at odd places, but if you want a locked door or such and don't mind it being centered, it is the easiest way to place them. Another nice thing about the door tool is you don't have to use secret combos for the doors, leaving the secret combos free for other things. Also if you want to have multiple locked doors in a room and not restrict the order in which the user can open them, the door tool is the only way to set it up.

Yoshi348
07-11-2005, 03:52 PM
I know that even the 2.10 manual has a few things out of date, although I don't remember what they were off the top of my head.

King Aquamentus
07-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Well, now I can't even trust a manual. Not completely, anyways...
Now, I must make a thread for another question... Thank you.

Yoshi348
07-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Documentation is the bane of small projects like this.