PDA

View Full Version : The revealing of the new ALPHA.

Kingboo30
07-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Not really but....
This is going to be like Alphadawgs. HARD and takes place in the same overworld. I was going to do a completely new one but I found out I just stink at overworlds and do much better and rooms and dungeons. This quest may even be harder than ALPHA. I'm not quite sure. I just finished my first dungeon so I may be asking for testers when I finish dungeon 4.

It may not be innovative but I do know 1 thing. As you advance on into the high dungeons your going to notice something you noticed in Alphadawgs. New dungeon room designs that most of the time give you disadvantages. Remember the first room on the right in APLHA level 8?

Yeah like that. I'll post pictures soon enough mabye. As soon as dungeon 4 is finished because you'll see the difficulty leaps. I'll give away one spoiler.
There are going to be ALOT of AND I mean alot of.....Dodongo's and Lanmoles. You'll even see a trio in dungeon 1. The blue ones make an appearance in Dungeon 3 and these kind are really fast so be prepared. And the white sword is an area you won't expect it to be an a thing not in ALPHA too.....I already have that planned along with magic sword. I'm not doing the magic system or the new items that make this game too easy. Mabye in Level 9 because that is really just gonna be a pain.

DarkFlameWolf
07-08-2005, 10:24 PM
I don't like quests that intentionally intend to be a pain to the player. I do, however, like hard and difficult quests. My quests can be very difficult, but I tend to ramp the difficulty based on where you are in the game and what items you're 'expected' to have at that point. With level 9 being one of the hardest challenges in the game, but never impossible or frustrating to beat. (Provided you get all the items up to that point.)

Kingboo30
07-08-2005, 10:52 PM
I don't like quests that intentionally intend to be a pain to the player. I do, however, like hard and difficult quests. My quests can be very difficult, but I tend to ramp the difficulty based on where you are in the game and what items you're 'expected' to have at that point. With level 9 being one of the hardest challenges in the game, but never impossible or frustrating to beat. (Provided you get all the items up to that point.)

I'll take this inmind. I'm not going to make it fustrating that may never want to pick it up again because your to fustrated. ALPHA started to do this in around Dungeon 4 or so and people say 7, 8 and 9 were the toughest and I found level 8 after I found level 1 :odd:. Lanmoles aren't that hard to beat anyways. I don't get why they were only in level 9 in the first place. It's gonna be tough and it's 2 steps higher than quest 2. The White sword can be hard to find if your not willing to spend some rupees. Heck some guy around here got stuck in dungeon 1 in Alpha. My 1st dungeon CAN be hard to find if you didn't complete the second quest. The Other dungeons have better hints to get too. I thought about this for my level 9

Stalfos 3(These guys are rare unless i get you in a trap.)
Magic Octoroks. (As said before but mabye a bit more common. I'm not quite sure of their attack power)
Mirror wizzrobes.
Blue Wizzrobes(These guys can probably own the dungeon since they are that common.)
Red Wizzrobes.(Said above)
Bat Wizzrobes.(UnCommon and you don't always have to beat them. Just get out of there or finish them quickly as you may see 3 of them in a room)
Dodongos(These guys aren't common as Aquamentus's because they are like common enemies. They reappear. They are put alone in bad places for you.)
Like likes.(Common but not very common)
Blue Lanmoles. (These guys are pretty common. Like regular octoroks.)
Blue Darknuts.(You'll learn to loath these guys as they are put in annoying places.Common are not I'm not giving it away.)
Aquamentus(These guys just appear everywhere and are rarely alone unless fire statues and traps are everywhere.)
Traps(Well duh, but usually appear with annoyers)
Black moblins(Random but usually 10 on screen with 4 statues and traps. More of the formidable. End this quickly or it may end)

The Boss's will appear too. At this point of the game. Aquamentus and Dodongo's aren't considered boss's anymore compared to someother guys. Watch out for the blue flamethrowing gohma. This guy guards only 1 area. And that area is pretty big.
Patra is going to appear in level 7 so watch out for these.

dvader654
07-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Since we are talking about difficulty i just wanted to comment on something I noticed in a few games. Some games use locked doors to artificially create difficulty. It seems that this program respawns enemies every time you die in rooms that require all enemies to die to open shutters or activate some other switch. The problem is people love to use shutter rooms so everytime you die you end up fighting the enemies in the same room, over and over and over.

For example in Level 4 of demoex, those damn wind wizzrobes block the first room. So everytime you die you end up wasting a minute or two fighting the same guys over and over again.

Kingboo30
07-09-2005, 09:39 AM
For example in Level 4 of demoex, those damn wind wizzrobes block the first room. So everytime you die you end up wasting a minute or two fighting the same guys over and over again.

You mean like ALPHA dungeon 5 with those annoying blue Darknuts? I didn't put many shutters in my dungeons because of this cause. I got to fustrated rather than having fun. I am though going to put the master sword in later on in a dungeon...

DarkFlameWolf
07-09-2005, 12:12 PM
I never check the 'enemies always return' rule. I think its just too cruel and unusual. :P

dvader654
07-09-2005, 02:14 PM
I never check the 'enemies always return' rule. I think its just too cruel and unusual. :P

Yeah I agree, but with shutter rooms it does it automatically. Everytime you die, enemies return in that room whether you put that rule on or not.

If I recall correctly the original Zelda on NES had a time based system in place, where if you kill all the enemies in a room they stay dead for a period of like 5 minutes regardless if you die or not.

DarkFlameWolf
07-09-2005, 02:31 PM
well, if so, I tend to do those shutter rooms sparingly and more often in the later levels.

Phoenix :p
07-09-2005, 08:57 PM
dvader654:

Yeah I agree, but with shutter rooms it does it automatically. Everytime you die, enemies return in that room whether you put that rule on or not.

In the original Zelda at least, the enemies re-appear when you go to 4-5 "new screens".
Let's have a look at this chart (I know, I've drawn lots of charts since I came here :))

--A-B-C-D-E
1-a-b-o-o-o
2-o-c-o-o-o
3-o-d-o-o-o
4-o-e-o-o-o
5-o-f-o-o-o

The first screen that you visit is "a". The enemies in "a" will not re-appear until you visit b, c, d, e and f, whether it is in a dungeon or not, and whether there are shutters as well. I can't recall custom quests where enemies **always** re-appear in rooms with shutters, but I haven't played that many of them.
And if you die, this is the same, although there are some other consequences. If you die in the middle of the dungeon, or even in the 7th-8th room, the enemies will re-appear because you visit more than 4-5 "new" rooms, and this regenerates enemies. I'm pretty sure that this is why enemies re-appear like that (at least, in the original, of course!)

Love For Fire
07-10-2005, 08:43 AM
If you want to make enemies (semi) permanently dead in shutter rooms, add a bubble to the mix as the first enemy, maybe even a red and a blue one. The enemies will stay dead unless you leave the dungeon. Enemies won't reappear until ALL of them are dead and you visit a few new screens. With bubbles, one enemy will always be alive, so they won't come back.

DarkFlameWolf
07-10-2005, 03:14 PM
I knew that bubble trick way back when I was making Fragments of Power. :)

Kingboo30
07-10-2005, 08:10 PM
If you want to make enemies (semi) permanently dead in shutter rooms, add a bubble to the mix as the first enemy, maybe even a red and a blue one. The enemies will stay dead unless you leave the dungeon. Enemies won't reappear until ALL of them are dead and you visit a few new screens. With bubbles, one enemy will always be alive, so they won't come back.

I never thought about that.....Well expect this quest done in at least 2 weeks. What? You think I'm just going to throw in 9 dungeons and I expect you to deal with it? I'm going to throw in 3 more hard dungeons. They won't be big as Ganon's but they will cause you trouble. The dungeons won't be too hidden but they will all be hidden. Here's a spoiler tip. and some other hidden things.

If you see an area with 2 pillars but nothing else there. Play the whistle and bomb the area above the stair case and pillars. You should find something. The Shops have been have been changed and the Blue ring is in a unexpected place.

Kingboo30
07-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Update!

Playing the Demo quest lately I like how this quest is done and is funner compared to ALPHA (To me) Depite this quest only has 5 levels. It is still enjoyable and 1 dungeon has 2 entrances (3) There are 7 Dungeons all together 2 are not levels. and those 2 are used to get to another place at first.

So I think I'm going to edit the overworld do somethings like that. It won't be hard like that one but will still be tough. So expect...Mabye 15 dungeons and blocked areas.