PDA

View Full Version : Game Suggestions

Dark881288
07-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Can anybody suggest me any Good old cheap games for me or anybody else here to buy or rent so that I or anybody else who's reading can buy and play games to survive the horrible, bright summer vacation.

vegeta1215
07-09-2005, 01:13 AM
You talking current generation stuff? There are quite a few Player's Choice games for the Gamecube that go for under $20 that are must haves. Aside from those, some real gems you should look for are:

Eternal Darkness
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
---> Beyond Good and Evil <---
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (I just picked this one up for $9.99, and I like it a lot so far)

King Link
07-09-2005, 01:26 AM
Go outside. LOLZ.

Umm... any specific systems? In terms of GameCube, The Wind Waker is one of those player choice games, and Metroid Prime. Not sure what you have or have not played though.

Dark881288
07-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Don't you guys have suggestions for Playstation 2?

vegeta1215
07-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Except for Eternal Darkness, the other three I listed are available for PS2 also. Psychonauts is coming out for the PS2 soon, and I heard that is a really good game. (it's not on the Gamecube though :()

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-09-2005, 05:10 PM
The Ratchet and Clank series is pretty addictive, The Sly Cooper series, The "street" sports games from EaBIG, Metal Gear Solid II, i think Dynasty Warriors is $20, and I got Eternal Eyes for the Ps1 for 50 cents :D.

Darth Marsden
07-10-2005, 05:40 AM
I will heartily recommend Psychonauts. If you need more convincing, it's by the guy behind Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango. Don't forget to check out some classic PS1 titles - the graphics may be a bit shaky, but the gameplay is usually still there and they're usually dirt-cheap.

King Aquamentus
07-12-2005, 04:07 PM
NES games are old, cheap, and good. I suggest you get an NES (probably the only expensive part, unless you need a TV.), then pick up:

Contra
Super Mario Bros.
Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros. 3
Startropics
Life Force
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3

That oughta get you started.

Strider1982
07-12-2005, 05:05 PM
As far as PlayStation games go, I'd recommend the whole Final Fantasy series. You can find FF 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 for the PS1 really cheap at used video game places. FF10 for the PS2 is usually $20 or under.

The PS1 and PS2 have tons of good RPG's if you're into that genre.

King Link
07-12-2005, 05:18 PM
On PS2 I love Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and God of War.

Silvanoshea
07-12-2005, 06:23 PM
if you have any type of game boy then i suggest dragon warrier three (if you like rpgs).
for ps2 i think the xenosaga episode two is sweet and phatasy star online (you can play it offline too).

Orion
07-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Drakan Ii for PS2. Great game and should be cheap. Also, Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance and Dark Cloud are good too.

DarkDragoonX
07-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Games for PS2 to last you through the summer, eh?

You only need one game: Disgaea.

It's a strategy RPG, and it will last you through the whole summer. And probably most of fall.

Dark881288
07-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Games for PS2 to last you through the summer, eh?

You only need one game: Disgaea.

It's a strategy RPG, and it will last you through the whole summer. And probably most of fall.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hell no! Strategy games for consoles suck!

Also, if I wanted to get the old, old games (nintendo,gameboy,Snes), i already have them here in my computer :tongue:

Also, Psychonauts and God of War are the shiz!

Sute
07-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Don't you guys have suggestions for Playstation 2?

Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid series and Devil May Cry 3.. except for RE and DMC you might wanna get the others before those though.. But these games are very, very nice I think. Metal Gear Solid is in my opinion one of the top most best game series ever created. Go fetch them and enjoy.

Daarkseid
07-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Resident Evil 4 hasn't been released for the PS2 yet. Summer vacation is going to be long over by the time the PS2 port is released.

Darth Marsden
07-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Resident Evil 4 hasn't been released for the PS2 yet. Summer vacation is going to be long over by the time the PS2 port is released. Nintendo fanboys win again! :D

I don't believe anyone's mentioned the Jak & Daxter series. There's 3 - the original Jak & Daxter, the sequel Jak & Daxter II, and the recently released Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. You can pick up the first two quite cheaply nowadays, and hopefully the third will have come down in price by the time you finish them!

Also, try the Ratchet & Clank series. There's 3 of them as well, so that should keep you inside for a good while.