PDA

View Full Version : London Explosions...

ctrl-alt-delete
07-07-2005, 06:10 AM
LONDON, England (CNN) -- Nears simultaneous explosions rocked the London Underground network and three double-decker buses at the morning rush hour, police said, causing injuries and prompting officials to shut down the entire underground transport network.

Some media reports said there were fatalities.

The explosions came a day after London was awarded the 2012 Olympics and as the G8 summit was getting underway in Scotland. Initial reports blamed a power surge, but officials were not ruling out a terrorist attack.

"There have been a number of dreadful incidents across London today," said Home Secreatary Charles Clarke, Britain's top law enforcement officer. He said there were "terrible injuries."

The Tube blasts at the height of the rush hour on Thursday were initially blamed on a power surge.

But amid the chaos eyewitnesses reported that a packed double decker bus in the Russell Square area had been severely damaged in a blast.

A second bus was reported to have been damaged in Tavistock Square.

Describing the Russell Square blast, eyewitness Belinda Seabrook told the UK Press Association she saw an explosion rip through the bus as it approached the Square.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

She said the bus was travelling from Euston to Russell Square and had been "packed" with people turned away from Tube stops.

Travellers emerged from underground tunnels covered in blood and soot. Scotland Yard declared the emergency a "major incident."

Emergency services were called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion shortly before 9 a.m.

A short while later, London Underground said there had been "another incident at Edgware Road" station in north west London.

God...not again.

From what I have gathered, so far we have 9 explosions...6 on the subways, 3 on the busses.

What...or who do you think is responsible this time?

Breaker
07-07-2005, 06:20 AM
What...or who do you think is responsible this time?

Quite clearly the jews.

jman2050
07-07-2005, 08:29 AM
It's those darn Parisians. They're such sore losers.

All joking aside though, this isn't good news in the least, and I sincerely hope the people there are okay. Al Qaeda is taking responsibility, but whoever did this really needs to get slapped in the head a few times (understating that of course ^_^ )

Verman
07-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Its the IRA if its a group of any kind... Who else cares about a 3rd world country like England anymore? Ha!

Maybe its Jaques Chirac getting back at them....but we all know the French are to scared to tie shoes let alone blow something up, they would just kill with hairy smelly women.

EDIT: woah...So the muslims are taking responsibility??? But why? What would be the reason they would do that? Wierd....Those guys are fuckered! ha! Let the jews go kill them all... Maybe our middle east problems will be solved when they kill each other.

Glitch
07-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Damnit they missed whereever Bush was.....fuck

Kairyu
07-07-2005, 09:40 AM
EDIT: woah...So the muslims are taking responsibility??? But why? What would be the reason they would do that? Wierd....Those guys are fuckered! ha! Let the jews go kill them all... Maybe our middle east problems will be solved when they kill each other.

It's common practice for every terrorist organization that thinks it can get away with it to try claiming responsibility for any major terrorist attack. They figure, hey, someone blew something up, if everyone thinks it was us we'll look cool and deadly.

If it really is Al Quada (Who are certainly not representing the Muslim people or their religion very well), it was probably retaliation for assisting us in Iraq.

Wonder how long security restrictions will be increased this time?

SixTen
07-07-2005, 10:05 AM
A bunch of ambassadors to Iraq were killed too. Terrorists, whichever group it is, is tired of hitting Americans so they will hit Americas allies to wear down our support.

Verman
07-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Glitch, In the USA isnt it treason to say something like that about your president? No matter who he is?

Just wodnering for my own sake, I'm not attacking you or anything :P I jsut remember hearing that.

carrot red
07-07-2005, 11:40 AM
It's those darn Parisians. They're such sore losers.

You took the words out of my mouth! I said that to someone this morning.

There's more than 40 victims so far, and yes, a branch of Al Qaeda claimed it.

Cloral
07-07-2005, 12:36 PM
When this sort of shit happens, Muslims everywhere need to rise up against it. Otherwise it looks like they tolerate and even support this sort of action. I know this isn't what their religion is about, and the people who do this sort of things are just total dicks. But when you stand by and do nothing, what sort of impression does it give? Why haven't they been banned from the religion yet?

ctrl-alt-delete
07-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Glitch, In the USA isnt it treason to say something like that about your president? No matter who he is?

Just wodnering for my own sake, I'm not attacking you or anything :P I jsut remember hearing that.

Freedom of Speech. No such treason.

Glitch
07-07-2005, 01:51 PM

I could care less if he was the president or the kid who bags my groceries at the store. Either way he is a fucking dumbass.

Beldaran
07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Glitch's jump from "innocent people killed by terrorists" to "Bush is a dumbass I wish he was dead" is just sad. You shame yourself with your comments, and reveal your worth as a person.

Glitch
07-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Glitch's jump from "innocent people killed by terrorists" to "Bush is a dumbass I wish he was dead" is just sad. You shame yourself with your comments, and reveal your worth as a person.

I didn't jump I was pushed :p

This terrorist act is a terrible thing. It going to be interesting to see what the different world powers do in reaction in the next couple days. Any predictions?

Rainman
07-07-2005, 03:35 PM
EDIT: woah...So the muslims are taking responsibility??? But why? What would be the reason they would do that?

Terrorists are attacking US allies in hopes that they will withdraw troops. Luckily Blair is intelligent enough to know that giving into terrorists only invites further action on the part of the terrorists. Of course, we can't know for sure who did this yet.

mikeron
07-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Let's see if those limey bastards dish out some whoopass now.

MacWeirdo42
07-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Terrorists are attacking US allies in hopes that they will withdraw troops. Luckily Blair is intelligent enough to know that giving into terrorists only invites further action on the part of the terrorists. Of course, we can't know for sure who did this yet.

You would think the terrorists would realize that Blair knows that pulling out would only lead to more terrorist attacks. What kind of moron would think otherwise? So what exactly are they trying to do, unless of course, they ARE morons, and haven't thought their own plan through, which is ALWAYS a possibility?

Ugh, I swear... It's times like these that make me just want to bash my head against a wall. Damn terrorists are blowing people up, probably don't even know WHAT they're trying to accomplish, much less how to accomplish it... I could run a better terrorism campaign than these yokels. Not that I'd want to or anything, I don't believe in anything they stand for, but really, I just can't stand the absolute and utter stupidity of it all.

Beldaran
07-07-2005, 04:50 PM
I didn't jump I was pushed :p

Either way, sorry for what I said. Murder and death put me in a bad mood for some reason.

Any predictions?

Governments will flap their jaws and make a lot of noise, nothing will get done, things will get worse, and the cosmic dance will go on.

Cloral
07-07-2005, 08:29 PM
You would think the terrorists would realize that Blair knows that pulling out would only lead to more terrorist attacks. What kind of moron would think otherwise? So what exactly are they trying to do, unless of course, they ARE morons, and haven't thought their own plan through, which is ALWAYS a possibility?
The tactic has already worked though in Spain. So in a roundabout way, the Spanish are to blame for this.

I was thinking about this this morning, and I don't exactly like the picture it paints, but it does seem that the reason why we in the US haven't been hit since 9/11 is because of how we retaliated. You can never fully protect a country, especially one as big as ours. If the terrorists wanted to do something against us they would've already. But they've seen that attacking us directly is very costly for them. So instead of attacking us, they're going after the percieved weakness of the European nations. So what the UK needs to do is jump up and punch Al Queda in the mouth. It is the only way to stop them, as much as I hate the thought of further violence.

Great Warrior
07-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Damn terrorists are blowing people up, probably don't even know WHAT they're trying to accomplish, much less how to accomplish it...
Terrorists have goals like making the super powers fear them and acknowledge their presence.
We have yet to see a Muslim country condemn such attacks that are committed in the name of so-called religion.

Cloral
07-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Exactly! And when they stand by like that, they say "Yes, this is who we are, and yes, this is what our religion stands for." If you're a Muslim, you need to becry these acts! Make the wold know you do not tolerate this behavior!