PDA

View Full Version : Best Nickelodeon Show Ever

War Lord
07-07-2005, 03:44 AM
I pick Hey Dude, but it's close...
So many of these shows I wish I could obtain on DVD and watch again.

If I'm lacking a really awesome show from this era, let me know, so I can add it.
If you mention a show which I don't feel was awesome, I will berate you.

Brandy
07-07-2005, 03:55 AM
hmm...so many good ones. Id pick either Kenan and Kel or Are you afraid of the dark, although i liked many of the shows listed

Daarkseid
07-07-2005, 03:57 AM
Ren and Stimpy has to be on that fucking list.

Gerudo
07-07-2005, 03:58 AM
fuck, you just cant choose 1... -_-

A!RM!, AYAotD, Doug, LotHT, Nick Arcade, Rocko, Rugrats, Spongebob, and the Secret World of AlexMax... (hah, you knew it was coming)

^ they all rate very highly for me.

if i had to pick just one... i guess Rocko would get it. <3 Rocko.

Shoelace
07-07-2005, 04:01 AM
All That (back then with Ketan and Kel) was great. Also Salute your Shorts was awesome. Nowadays, the shows aren't as good, but they need to show more reruns of these shows. I would watch them totally. :P

I wonder why I can't vote...

ctrl-alt-delete
07-07-2005, 04:36 AM
Bah, no way in hell I could choose just one.

I have liked most of them at one time or another aside from a select few...but my absolute favorites would be:

Are you Afraid of the Dark
Doug
Rocko
Rugrats
Salute your Shorts

All of them were very good though. WL, you should make a Cartoon Network poll too...but in my opinion, Nickelodeon owns Cartoon Network aside from like...a very select few shows.

Daarkseid
07-07-2005, 05:16 AM
You can choose one.. Ren and Stimpy.
But it's not on the list. BOO

ctrl-alt-delete
07-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Ren and Stimpy is on the list! Last one. :-p

Daarkseid
07-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Fuck!!!!!! Well, I voted. Ren and Stimpy. I'm the idiot.

Breaker
07-07-2005, 06:53 AM
Clarissa Explains It All. I wanted to fuck Melissa Joan Hart. And was Blossom on Nickelodean?

MacWeirdo42
07-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Are you TRYING to make my head explode? I swear, far too many good choices, and only one vote. What's Spongebob doing on the list, by the way? He's not from that era. But, if we were talking about current Nickelodean shows, I'd have to go with Fairly Oddparents, 'cause that show is great. Since I had to pick one, I'm gonna make a list.

Adventures of Pete & Pete
Clarissa Explains it All
Double Dare
Doug (this is what I finally voted for)
Rocko's Modern Life
Ren & Stimpy

I'd give anything to be able to watch old Nickelodean again. I heard that Clarissa Explains it All and The Adventures of Pete & Pete were coming to DVD, by the way. Oh, and I must add one more show to that list. Who could forget Mr. Wizard? I swear, woke up at 6:00 every morning just to catch that show.

Warlock
07-07-2005, 08:12 AM
I went with Rugrats.. that show is still pretty funny to watch. And I actually remember it before they cancelled it then later revived it and made this huge movie/spinoff/etc crazy deal out of it. Doug was good too until they brought it to ABC and got a different guy to do his voice (not even close to as good as the original).

I honestly never liked Ren & Stimpy much. I kinda liked it when it first came out but quickly realized how stupid it was.

Masamune
07-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Rocko's Modern Life
Ren & Stimpy (got those on DVD)
Invader Zim (got those on DVD)
Doug
Pete and Pete
AAAHH!!! Real Monsters!

I miss those shows... =\

EDIT: Anyone watch The Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy on Cartoon Network? That's like my favorite show right now that hasn't been cancelled.

Glitch
07-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Legends of the Hidden Temple. That show was the fucking bomb.

Oh, you forgot one...The one where they run thru the fake house looking for clues..they trash the place. Scott Summers was the host on that too I think.

moocow
07-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Some of those shows are still on one of the digital cable channels... I catch Ren & Stimpy and Rocko on occassion.

Anyhow, it's a toss up between Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life and Salute Your Shorts.

I picked Rocko.

Trusso
07-07-2005, 09:46 AM
LotHT fools. If it isn't the best show on that list then it's at least the best game show.

Almost all of those shows were high quality though, it's too bad Nick has gone down hill as much as it did.

SixTen
07-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Rugrats sucked, Rocko was the best, and Spongebob comes in a close second.

Hey Arnold is also really good I think.

zfreak2004
07-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I picked Nick Arcade but I think nostalgia definately clouded that choice. My runner-up would definately be Legends of the Hidden Temple. Nick had such good gameshow type shows.

Dart Zaidyer
07-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Aw, so many choices. Most of the shows in that list are approximately 120% more interesting than the crap they air on Nickelodeon now.
In particular, "All That" was pretty cool back when Kenan and Kel were cast members. Remember when Chris Farley did a cameo in one of Kenan's segments? That was hilarious. I don't think it's a coincidence that Kenan is now a cast member on Saturday Night Live.
Last time I checked, Kablam and Rocko are still going on the "Nicktoons" channel, I think.

carrot red
07-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Ren & Stimpy and Clarissa Explains it all.

vegeta1215
07-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Oh man, so many good shows.

Pete and Pete, Rocko's Modern Life, Salute Your Shorts, Aaahh Real Monsters, Doug, Legends of the Hidden Temple (great game show), etc. It's hard to pick just one, but I have to go with Rocko's Modern Life. I really hope they release it on DVD soon, cause I'd love to watch it again. Same for Salute Your Shorts.

*b*
07-07-2005, 01:25 PM
oh man, how could you forget Angry Beavers? that was the best show in the history of Nickelodeon

Masamune
07-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Remember when Chris Farley did a cameo in one of Kenan's segments? That was hilarious.

I remember that! Kenan had a cooking show where all he used was chocolate in everything. But Chris Farley came in and started squirting ketchup everywhere making Kenan super pissed off. Pretty funny stuff. Ofcourse I may have only found that funny because I was like 9 or something at the time...

Glitch
07-07-2005, 03:08 PM
I remember that! Kenan had a cooking show where all he used was chocolate in everything. But Chris Farley came in and started squirting ketchup everywhere making Kenan super pissed off. Pretty funny stuff. Ofcourse I may have only found that funny because I was like 9 or something at the time...

Holy shit, I remember that episode too. Kenan kept saying "Har har har" in like a crappy french accent. Funny shit.

Rainman
07-07-2005, 03:42 PM
I went with Doug. It was close, but I consider that my favorite.

Master Ghaleon
07-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Going with Ren and Stimpy, Double Dare was great also.

Amber
07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Clarissa Explains it All
Global GUTS
Nick Arcade
Wild & Crazy Kids

Were all my favoites but I just had to vote for Pete and Pete. Yes, I'm a dork and freely admit it. I can't remember much about a couple of them on the list though, maybe I just wasn't allowed to watch them.

vegeta1215
07-07-2005, 09:46 PM

omg I remember that. That was hilarious! If someone could find a clip of that online that would be awesome.

Brasel
07-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Legends of the Hidden Temple. That show was the fucking bomb.

Oh, you forgot one...The one where they run thru the fake house looking for clues..they trash the place. Scott Summers was the host on that too I think.
THat show was Finders Keepers.

My favorite was probably Pete and Pete, and I have it on DVD now. That show owned.

Strider1982
07-08-2005, 12:52 AM
I was a huge fan of Doug as a kid. I also remember they made a Doug series where the characters were slightly older, "Brand Spanking New Doug," but it aired on ABC.

vegeta1215
07-08-2005, 03:58 AM
You know what Nickelodeon show I remembered today? Roundhouse. Do you guys remember Roundhouse? It was a comedy skit show that aired in the early 90s. There was one character who was like the "Dad", and he rode around the set on a motorized chair. Ring any bells?

Daarkseid
07-08-2005, 04:17 AM
Yes, and it sucked.

Axel
07-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Damn, I miss those shows. I watched Clarissa every freaking day. Doug too. Along with most of the others, actually. But I gotta go with with Doug. I stopped watching TV about the time those shows were cancelled. What happened to make that channel suck so much?

Toolie
07-08-2005, 05:58 PM
I remember Roundhouse but I was too young to actual remember what it was about.

Are You Afraid of the Dark gets my vote. Part of the original SNICK, bitches.

Masamune
07-08-2005, 09:06 PM
What happened to make that channel suck so much?

The new emo pop culture.

Toolie
07-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Or just kids in general being idiots.

Orion
07-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Angry Beavers and Rocko were awesome. I also loved Salute Your Shorts. I hope some of these come out on DVD. Then again, I haven't bought the Garfield and Friends DVDs yet.

I really didn't like Ren and Stimpy either. I'm not a big fan of dumb humor.

goKi
07-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Angry beavers would probably be my favourite, all in all. Why isn't that up there?

npc255
07-08-2005, 10:48 PM
I can't vote but if any cares, I'd go with Rocko's Modern Life (followed by the Angry Beavers)

Dechipher
07-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Hey Arnold's really cool. All that was cool, but the Amanda show sucks. Personally I think the fat chick should have gotten her own show instead.

Rugrat's is nice. Rocko is kinda redundant. I was great back then, but now it's kinda bleh. Though Rugrats still makes me smile.

Machiavelli
07-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Rugrats is teh shit. But now they've got All Grown Up, which I dont even bother to watch.

Back in the day, it was all about All That, Kenan and Kel, Rocko and Doug.

Daarkseid
07-09-2005, 12:23 AM
I really didn't like Ren and Stimpy either. I'm not a big fan of dumb humor.

NO, it's because YOU SIR, clearly have no appreciation for the absurd, the humorous application of absurdity! You're like my stupid friend who preferred the Animaniacs, which were insipid. That was stupid.

Orion
07-09-2005, 12:26 AM
NO, it's because YOU SIR, clearly have no appreciation for the absurd, the humorous application of absurdity! You're like my stupid friend who preferred the Animaniacs, which were insipid. That was stupid.

I didn't like Animaniacs either, on that note, for the same reason's I don't like movies like Napolean Dynamite, and actors like Adam Sandler. I'm just not a fan of that type of humor. (By "dumb humor" I mean slapstick, silly humor, versus more witty, thought out humor).

vegeta1215
07-09-2005, 01:18 AM
What happened to make that channel suck so much?

They have some good cartoons on that I watch every now and then. Sponge Bob is hilarious, and Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron are pretty good too. Most of the comedy sketch shows and "sitcom" like shows are terrible though.

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Rocko's Modern Life gets my vote.
Damn I'm conformist,

What was Salute Your Shorts about? Was that they show where they ran up the mountain and picked up the flags and tried not to be hit by rocks?
I didn't like Ren and Stimpy either, but that was because it was edited which made it suck.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-09-2005, 03:51 AM
No, the show you are referring to was Global Guts.

Salute your Shorts was a show about a group of kids that were at Camp Anawanna...or however you spell it. It was a pretty sweet show.