PDA

View Full Version : Rape in jail

NaveBlue
07-04-2005, 03:08 AM
I been thinking about this for a while, and i don't know if it can really be debated, i think i would just like to know other peoples opinion on this..

We see and hear that the typical skinny white kid that get's imprisoned will be a play thing for a couple big guy's named Bubba.. An it's generally accepted as just something that will happen.. I have a major problem with this for a few different reasons..

Your given a jail sentence so that you are removed from society, whether it's meant to be punishment or a length of time for rehabilitation, that can also be debated.. But either way being r4ped and assaulted is not a part of what is meant to be ones punishment, and it most certainly is in no way rehabilitation.. It's neither for the attacker or the person being attacked..

An the fact that it is just widely accepted as something that will happen to you makes it all the worse.. This is not a regular occurence within just the male jail's but also the female ones.. If no one cares that you do that to people within jail, why would they think it would be any different when they get out?.. If they don't get caught then they surely think it's acceptable.. But in many, many, ways it is wrong, mainly morally wrong..

I think a lot more should be done to stop it all from happening in the first place, and when it does happen then something should be done to make sure that it doesn't happen again.. Jail's are mainly filled with repeat offenders, why?.. Because there is no hint of any rehabilitation within jails, it's just time served.. Time served in an envirmonment that will destroy peoples morals, if they had any before they went in, and ultimately destroy many peoples lifes..

The prime example of it being accepted is "Don't drop the soap."
Why not?.. It shouldn't matter if you do, but the consequences of it are disgusting and the fact that both the government and people accept this is just as disgusting..

Just wondering if anyone else had an opinion that differs, or have the same opinion..

{NB}

King Link
07-04-2005, 03:25 AM
Quite simply, I agree with your viewpoint.

I think more should be done too. However, although I don't know anything much about prison and what goes along with serving a sentence in prison, I think the movies might overexaggerate this stereotypical view... perhaps. I can't say for sure, because I just don't know enough about the subject.

/end post

Daarkseid
07-04-2005, 03:32 AM
I think the only thing we can do is find the more light crimes that carry jail sentences, and see if we can't just change them to non-prison sentences. Like community service, rehabilitation programs(if available), or larger cash sentences.

MrCow
07-04-2005, 03:43 AM
Its quite simple. Dont do the crime if you can't handle the punishment. inside prison there are codes that they all go by. Certain people are treated different based on why they are in there, or who they know.

Breaker
07-04-2005, 03:53 AM
AGN is the best place for you to fight rape in the prison system. Thumbs up.

Great Warrior
07-04-2005, 06:55 AM
I think more should be done to prevent rape outside of jail before starting to look at what happens inside of jails. People who are in jails are in their majority guilty of a crime, and sex offenders and pedophiles are harshly dealt with. What does it tell you about the prison community? It has its own laws and they're not all that bad. I will not go into details about all the wrong things in jails either...

Glitch
07-05-2005, 08:41 AM
If you are in jail you deserve to have your ass raped by a 600lb black man named Bubba.

Pablo
07-05-2005, 10:20 AM
In the future, especially if you're trying to convince people of something, it might be a good idea to go with the standard font color so that those of us who use Classic Black (read: the majority of AGN users) can read it.

Anyway, it's not as if it is just tolerated. Just because you're in prison doesn't mean that you can't be charged with crimes, and many prison rapists are charged for their crimes on the inside as well as the outside. Guards don't just keep the prisoners in, they also do what they can to keep the inmates relatively safe.

SixTen
07-05-2005, 08:18 PM
I don't think the prison rape problem is as bad as everyone thinks. I think there may also be some kind of informal prosoner administered justice system as well that might prevent something like this, but I have no idea what I'm talking about so who knows.

Has anyone here spent some time in jail and would like to tell us?

Hateful Dan
07-22-2005, 04:09 AM
It’s pretty bad trust me. John King went into a nice medium security Gladiator School for 6 months expressing no extreme racial views. While there he was gang raped by blacks on at least two occasions. He left prison covered in Nazi themed tattoos and later dragged a man to death behind a truck. I think we should segregate the prisons.

Breaker
07-22-2005, 06:01 AM
It’s pretty bad trust me. John King went into a nice medium security Gladiator School for 6 months expressing no extreme racial views. While there he was gang raped by blacks on at least two occasions. He left prison covered in Nazi themed tattoos and later dragged a man to death behind a truck. I think we should segregate the prisons.

Yeah, 'cause white people wouldn't rape you.

Hateful Dan
07-22-2005, 06:11 AM
Yeah, 'cause white people wouldn't rape you. In a group, in prison, as payback for everything that went wrong with their lives which they somehow think I'm responsible for because I'm white? no.

I have some recomended reading for you, the book's even written by a liberal. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1564322580/qid%3D1100858700/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-8190861-3286461

Breaker
07-22-2005, 06:19 AM
As much as I enjoy reading about prison rape, I'll pass.

Dechipher
07-22-2005, 04:46 PM
I like how Hateful Dan's first comment makes you think he's an idiot, and then when you say something to him, he pulls out all this shit that makes you feel like a complete moron.

Not a flame.

Breaker
07-22-2005, 05:41 PM
I like how Hateful Dan's first comment makes you think he's an idiot, and then when you say something to him, he pulls out all this shit that makes you feel like a complete moron.

Not a flame.

Yeah, like in Rock Bottom when he posted about having sex with a 13 yearold girl (who is actually his sister) or the fact that he describes himself as a racist in his profile. I feel like such a moron. :(

Dechipher
07-22-2005, 05:44 PM
I was actually only referring to a discussion we had where, originally I thought he was a completely uninformed jerk, but through a series of PMs I determined that he was informed, after all, which made me mildly abashed. However, I still strongly disagree with most everything he says, though that doesn't mean that he's stupid.

cyberkitten
07-22-2005, 05:51 PM
umm..yeah. racism = flaming cuz believe it or not, we DO allow members of all races/religions/beliefs here and if you can't keep your ignorant opinions to yourself, dan, then i'll make sure you can't post and spread the crap around.

Kitsune
07-22-2005, 07:58 PM
Why don't they just make smaller individual cells? It would stop the uhh.. yeah. >_<

Dechipher
07-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Prisoners still have to shower, still have to eat together, still do laundrey, all that. Trust me, I know. I've read the Shawshank Redemption.

AlexMax
07-23-2005, 01:36 AM
Topic fixed.

You're banned anyway, though. Haha.

CrimsonAi
07-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Why don't they cram all the same cases together? All the murderers in one section of the jail, rapists in the next, that'd be fun to be surrounded by people who share the same punishment XD haha. I just hate how jails have work out places and tvs and all that. That and we have to pay money to keep them in there, when we could just kill them or something.