PDA

View Full Version : Yet mote DOY (Dreams of Yesterday) Bugs

corona
07-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Heya
Love what you are doing jman, but here are some more bugs:

1. Extra Key in the crypts, because you don't actually need to get the boss key to open the door, you dont need to spend that last key.

2. In the dreameater city, once you get the lvl 2 glove you can push away stones in the top left corner of the city and travel down one screen to see a unique tile (looks like a planted trap mine from Zelda Lttp) and if you superbomb it, the secret chime sounds and the tile changes to a weird water tile, you can actually swim and dive in it but nothing else. (The Squirell in the forest tells us that this is where the nightmere slayer is... so I hope this could get fixed).

3. After you come out of the lost woods to the left, go up a screen, burn the bushes at the top of the screen and travel up once more, there is a granite wall with a heart piece behind it, if you superbomb the wall, secret chime plays... tile changes, but cant get past it. Minor bug but hey...

Keep up the good work.

bigboylink
07-04-2005, 09:37 PM
From a post in the other DOY topic, I don't think that Jman will be devoting much more time to debugging the quest, now that he has become a ZC developer.

But while this topic is fresh, I would like to point out the difficulty I am having in the hotel (and a possible bug which may be preventing my progress). I have downloaded the most recent release of DOY, where now the hotel is apparently "required" to complete the quest (according to Jman's post in the other thread). I know that I am playing the most recent version, because there is now a desk in the opening room, which the previous version did not contain.

Before downloading the newer version, I obtained a key in the hotel, and used it on a lock to the left of the woman who tells us about Sea Dog's (nice word play, btw) disciple. This leads me to a room with deep water, and I dive down to find myself in a glitchy room with 4 keese...this leads me nowhere, and it occurs in both the older and newer release. Could someone please let me know what I should be seeing here? Is this a bug that was meant to be fixed? Thanks for any info on this one.

Also, there is a woman on the lower level who hints at staircases being hidden behind furniture. I'm honestly at a loss on this one. I've pushed seemingly every available block on the first floor looking for something, and have used the lens in every room hoping to see something, but nothing has come of this. Anyone willing to put out a hint on this one?

jman2050
07-05-2005, 09:46 AM
1. Literally look behind the book cases. One of the tiles is actually on a lyer obstructing the view of the stairs. You might have to push down at an area above the book case, but it's there. Just know what you'll need that knowledge for another part of the hotel.

Speaking of which, I know FOR SURE the hotel is completable. If you can't do it, it's not my fault :P Redownload. I'll get to the other bugs as soon as possible, though time spent on this is diminished because of ZC development. I WILL follow through though, so don't worry.

corona
07-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Jman you are a god.
That said I have more updates...
Hotel is completable, I did it 2 days ago on what was the latest, and on 2.10 as well...

Problem that then arises is that, you know that sea dawgs err sea dogs disciple tells you to bomb the 4 falls, well I tried that fter talking to him with no avail, bombs and even superbombs dont work....

Although im not quite sure where to stand I cant really reach the falls because of the water or whatever but I spent all my bombs trying to no avail.

Is this a bug? Am I not doing it right? Wrong four falls? (I was at the falls above captiol port, the vines you know....)

Thanks Jman, you da man.

jman2050
07-05-2005, 09:20 PM
You sure you at the right screen? There should be no enemies on screen except for some boulders. That signals that the way is open. Just stand as close to the lower center area as you can and place a bomb and it should open. I know it works, I tested it myself :/

corona
07-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Ok, got into waterfall, got heart piece and black belt (weird sort of useless item).

Ok, Still cannot get the nightmere buster, that really hopefully will be fixed, I am probably close to the NEXT sword after that but I still cant get it because of the bomb ground block in dreameater village.

A few questions before I continue....

1. Where the hell is the relic in station? (I know you walk through a wall but I'm stumped)
2.Is the Tower boss key in the tower or in the Blester overworld?

corona
07-08-2005, 02:30 PM
If you cannot fix the superbomb bug in the dreameater village can you tell us how to get past the maze in the desert so that we can get the sword?

Or anyone viewing?

C-Dawg
07-08-2005, 03:27 PM
The Nightmere Buster isn't actually in the Desert, but there is someone in the Desert who will tell you where it CAN be found. If you want to find your way through the Desert, go talk to the Dream Eater who used the weapon last.

And you're probably NOT close to the Master Sword. As I recall, that's very late in the game.

-C

jman2050
07-08-2005, 03:59 PM
I fixed the bug with the dream eater village (stupid secret combos) but it hasn't been uploaded yet. Have to get to my computer first. I'll probably edit this post once that happens.

corona
07-08-2005, 04:31 PM
You're the man...

corona
07-10-2005, 01:12 AM
Ok more homework Jman. Here goes....

1. Bug where superbombing the hidden tile in flooded cave under mudora muck (leading to subrosia?) changes the tile to something unusual, preventing you from going in.

2. Bug where in the volcano caves (right after talking to that purple guy, first cave left of the burning houses, three screens to the left and 2 screens up) shooting the red ultros from ff3 kills both him and the blue one that was blocking progress elsewhere on screen, but turns them rather into a tile that cannot be walked past, preventing me from moving on in the game to get to the 7th nightmare dungeon... ouch. This is funny because to get to this point you already have to shoot a different red ultros and that did not give me this bug, maybe just a bad flag?

3. In that same cave, the entrance holds three dodongos and a locked door, if killing those dodongos opens the door then it is impossible to go on because it is impossible to kill all three (2 spawn that are reachable and the other is unreachable) and because you at some point enabled the flag to ALWAYS replenish enemies when leaving a screen, it is impossible to kill one come back and hope they spawned in a reachable location.

Oh and by the way whats up with making enemies always respawn? C-Dawg's original 098 didnt have that, but when I switched to your revised updated version all enemies always respawn, was that intentional? only happens on 2.10? Whats the deal?

Praethus
07-10-2005, 02:48 PM
The enemy respawn happens in 184, too. That's what I'm using.

jman2050
07-10-2005, 03:55 PM
The enemy returns thing was my fault. A new version has been uploaded.

corona
07-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Look who the frigin man is!
Jman idiots, thats who.
You fixed the dreameater bug, the subrosia bug, the frigin respawn bug, and I have yet to look into the volcano bug but you may have even gotten that.... damn Jman, I think you outdid yourself this time.

You are a great addition to this overly awesome quest by C-Dawg, damn, he picked the right man to fix it up.... I think I'll add to your reputation... whatever that does...

Thanks again Jman

corona
07-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Ok, that's it, he did it, you fixed the ultros volcano bug too, holy crap... you are almost done cleaning this game, you should be proud.

the ONLY bug I can think of at this point is the aforementioned one:
"3. After you come out of the lost woods to the left, go up a screen, burn the bushes at the top of the screen and travel up once more, there is a granite wall with a heart piece behind it, if you superbomb the wall, secret chime plays... tile changes, but cant get past it. Minor bug but hey..."

Small ass bug but if you have the time... it IS an extra HCP