PDA

View Full Version : How do you change item stats?

EleXor
07-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi there. I'd like to know how you change item stats?
As all know, and if I remember correctly, bronze / copper / wooden sword is +1 and the blue sword is +2. I don't like swords so much, so I replaced the swords with axes of mine drawing.
So how do you change the first 'sword' into +2 for an example? And is it possibly to have like eight different swords in the game? Thanks for all.
EleXor from Finland

Yoshiman
07-02-2005, 08:15 PM
As of right now, you can't change the stats of the items. An item and enemy editor is in the future plans, though. You'll just have to use the 4 levels that ZQuest has now.

Rakki
07-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Okay... Err, the original swords were, Wooden, White, then Magic, but they added Master Sword to Zelda Classic. Anyway, the only stats you can change about the swords is how many heart containers you need to be able to pick it up, whether or not they shoot sword beams and how many hearts(or how much percentage of life) you have to have to shoot sword beams. All of these are changed from the "Quest -> Init. Data" window, under, I think, the second tab. Maybe third tab. Just open that window and look around in there, you'll see options for all the swords.

ZeldaLord
07-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Just make the white sword to first sword you pick up.

EleXor
07-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Just make the white sword to first sword you pick up.
That is pure lamity. You didn't seem to get my point. I was hoping to have following:
Four swords
Four axes
Four maces

and give them different stats.

Rakki
07-03-2005, 05:16 PM
I certainly didn't get that you were saying that. But starting him with a stronger sword is the only way to make him do more damage than the wooden sword does from the start of the quest. You can't make any more swords or anything like that right now, you can only use the four swords that are already provided and change the graphics of them if you want to.