PDA

View Full Version : Password Trouble

Vandehar
07-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Not sure if this is the place to ask about this but is there someone to talk to about having lost a password for your quest? I started programing on one of the early models of Zquest when it was still in its early DOS versions, and had worked hard to make a good quest. Unfortunatly nearing compleation I put a password on it and had computer troubles soon after. When I got the system reinstalled Zquest didn't work anymore. With no way to run the program I scrapped it. Just recently I was digging through my backup files and found the quest file. I decided to see if the websight still exsisted and to my surprise it was still up and semingly doing very well and a new windows version had been made. This new windows version runs perfictly on my system and I wanted to finish my near compleate game. My problem now is it's been 3 years or so since I've opened it and don't remember my password :( poor planing and bad luck on my part. Is there anyone who can help me with this, or anyone who knows someone who can help? Thanks for reading my problem and I pray to hear back from someone who can help.

Rakki
07-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Well since the passwords aren't stored on a server or anything like that, they're just saved directly to the file, there is no way to retrieve a lost password like you would for, say, your account. The only way for you to get back in it, other than hacking(though I don't think anyone around here knows how to do that), would be to either remember your password, find that you wrote your password down somewhere, or find an earlier copy of the quest that is unpassworded. Sorry.

ZeldaLord
07-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure Dark Nation can extract passwords from quests, though I'm not sure if he'll do it for you. You'll have to ask him.

Vandehar
07-03-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm still kinda new here, how owuld I get a hold of that person to ask?

elise
07-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Look his name up in the memberlist and send him a PM / or email

Vandehar
07-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Great, thanks for the help everyone, I think the problem will be resolved soon and hopefully after some beta-testing I can submit it for everyone to try out :)