PDA

View Full Version : Shopping tips?

Revfan9
07-01-2005, 07:01 PM
I have 2 questions.

1.I need to get my little sister a game to go with the DS she's getting for her birthday. Any suggestions for DS games a 10 year old girl would be interested in? (besides pac-pix, my grandma is getting her that)

2. Soon, I will be getting my own computer! I won't have to share a family one anymore. Any sugestions of which one to get? I am definatly getting a mac. I am not going to put any games on it. I need a desktop. The only real thing I'm going to put on it is ZC, and some other small things.

goKi
07-01-2005, 07:07 PM
For the Mac, with a basic user, i'd go for the Mac mini. Cheap and effective.

As for games, it's near impossible to buy for someone else. I don't even try.

SixTen
07-01-2005, 08:46 PM
And ZC last I heard won't work on a Mac. Tough luck. Macs are cool, until they stop working, I've had one for a while and it did not meet my expectations.

I'd get a windows machine.

Ganonator
07-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Yea, it's definitely in your best interest to get a PC. Macs may seem reliable and on with the 'cool' factor, but they just don't cut it in today's society.

What about Yoshi's Touch and Go, or Mario 64 DS?

Dechipher
07-01-2005, 09:03 PM
IBM Think pads are really nice. It's what I'm using right now, and it does more than I want it to do. I got it off Ebay for 372.50.

Revfan9
07-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Yea, it's definitely in your best interest to get a PC. Macs may seem reliable and on with the 'cool' factor, but they just don't cut it in today's society.

What about Yoshi's Touch and Go, or Mario 64 DS?
I have a DS, and both of those games. She didn't like either of them.

Ganonator
07-01-2005, 09:34 PM
well, if you hold out a few months, Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing DS, NintenDogs, and, my favorite, the New Super Mario Brothers are all coming out around the same time. I suggest you wait and get her one of those.

Archibaldo
07-02-2005, 02:09 AM
She's ten? You could get her that Pokemon Dash game. Or Wario Ware Touched.

vegeta1215
07-02-2005, 02:14 AM
Kirby's Canvas Curse is supposed to be really good. The only thing is I heard it gets a bit hard - not sure how good your sister is at games, but difficulty can be a turn off for anyone.

:glare: