PDA

View Full Version : DS still sucking - Goldeneye - Rogue agent released.

punkonjunk1024
07-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Ok, for months I've been going on about how the DS WILL IMPROVE. Just like GBA, the castlevania release will kick everything into gear hardcore.
I'm waiting.
And waiting.
Aaand waiting.
And then, a goldeneye game for DS??? IMAGING HOW COOL IT WILL BE!!! MAYBE IT'LL BE AS COOL AS THE ONE FOR N64!!!!111(didn't know it was a port of a shite assed PS2 and GC game)
Oh. My. God.
I want to puke on this game.
Touch screen controls are crappy. You have to stop moving entirely, (meaning, take your finger off of the screen) so that you can switch weapons or reload. It freaks out if two fingers touch the screen at once. And I use my right thumb for reloading, and left for control... so its fricking obnoxious.

The AI sucks. It never... does... anything except shoot. And, oh joy, you can only have a small number of char sprites on screen at once! I think it's 4 or 5, but its something. What happens if you trail some enemies somewhere else, forward, for better cover, then slay them? When the group dies, the next set spawns... IF THAT MEANS RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, FUCK YEAH. So you gotta kill shit when you see it, looking for cover is a BAAAD idea. How realistic.

It can be too hard. YOU CANT DEFEND FROM A WHOLE BUNCH OF CRAZY STRONG GUNS SHOOTING YOU IN ALL DIRECTIONS. I can't deal with two hardcore snipers depleteling like 1/4 of my health in a shot, and a handful of machinegun douche's elsewhere. No. It's not well put together.. You have the wrong gun, your fucked.

and... IT CAN BE TOO EASY. WTF? Your health recovers. Yeah, because bullets get pushed out of your skin and you heal. In seconds. Of no gun fire. GOD DAMNIT. Aren't 3D games supposed to be like... simulations? Come on. I'm not a big FPS fan... but Goldeneye64 was an orgasm. it was great, and not too hardcore unrealistic. Not like this.

LOAD TIMES. I like nintendo because they are great for load times. They finally ditch cartidges, but thankfully, manage to maintain the lack of loadtimes, or very close to no load times. This game has like 1-2 minute load times. ON A CART. What the hell?

Yeah, so thats another 30 bucks in the dickhole. I'm getting a bit dissapointed in handhelds in general.
When is the DS going to shape up? its so potent, but I fear it will lose sight of gamers because no one is taking advantage of it.

vegeta1215
07-01-2005, 04:44 PM
So...I take it you hadn't read the crappy reviews for Goldeneye: Rogue Agent when it came out on the consoles huh?

After reading the latest issue of Nintendo power and watching the game preview DVD that came with it (yes you heard right), there are quite a bit of DS games I'm interested in now - a few of them are out already, but the others don't come out for some time. These include:
- Kirby Canvas Curse
- Polarium
- Meteos
- Trace Memory
- Lost in Blue
- Pac n Roll
- Castlevania
- Some Surgeon game
- Viewtiful Joe DS
- Sonic Rush
- Nintendogs

Not to mention Animal Crossing, Zelda: Fours Swords, and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. I think all of these will really take off on the DS with wireless gameplay - the big problem with Four Swords and FF:CC was finding friends to play it with.

punkonjunk1024
07-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Crystal cronicals is coming out on DS? God damnit. I just bought it for GC.
Stupid kirby hit shelves of local game store the day after I bought goldeneye. Next time...
Viewtiful joe looks awesome. I just borrowed the PS2 version from my older brother.
Meteos looks good, too. I can't wait to see the unique puzzle games on the DS.
Sonic rush is going to be awesome, and of course, castlevania.

Cloral
07-02-2005, 12:12 AM
I played Rogue Agent way back at e3 and yeah, it sucked. However I also tried Pac 'n Roll, one of the games listed above, and it was pretty fun. I don't know that I would want to have to constantly be rolling Pac Man for any extended period of time (you move him by 'rolling' him by repeatedly dragging the pen across the screen, which can get tiring pretty quickly). If I had a DS, I might pick it up.

MottZilla
07-02-2005, 01:15 AM
The DS doesn't suck at all, just GoldenEye "Rogue Agent" which has absolutely nothing to do with 007 GoldenEye the movie or the N64 game.

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Maybe you should all buy PSP's?

(Waits for 20 Nintendo Fanboys to attack)

Archibaldo
07-02-2005, 02:19 AM
A friend of mine was saying that it was pretty bad. Apparently there are only like 5 levels? Any way, alot of games out there are better. Lost in Blue seems a little weird... but then again its a refreshing twist to RPGs. No more mideval crap.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-02-2005, 02:19 AM
I thought Aonouma said that the DS title would not be four swords based?

vegeta1215
07-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Lost in Blue seems a little weird... but then again its a refreshing twist to RPGs. No more mideval crap.

Lost in Blue is a sequel to Survival Kids, originally found on the GBC. It's a really fun game, with Zelda like exploration and puzzles mixed with survival type gameplay (you have to eat food and drink water, and stay healthy to live) I'm very excited about Lost in Blue cause I loved Survival Kids so much.

I thought Aonouma said that the DS title would not be four swords based?

Uhh...I thought he said exactly the opposite, that the next Zelda game for the DS WOULD be Four Swords based.

The next Four Swords is a great opportunity for Nintendo to use the wireless capabilites of the DS to allow you to play with friends across the world - they'd be stupid not to make a Four Swords for the DS. I have the original Four Swords and FSA, and they are really fun, but not so much if you don't have friends to play with.

AlexMax
07-02-2005, 09:25 AM

The PSP's lineup is even more dismal. At least the DS has more than two or three games worth playing.

punkonjunk1024
07-02-2005, 05:25 PM
YES.
And PSP's screen is glass. I like Sony. Just not the PSP.

Revfan9
07-03-2005, 10:43 AM

Okay, I will! :whap:

King Link
07-03-2005, 02:42 PM

I agree. It's a better idea than buying a DS. I'm much more impressed with the software on the PSP (even if there are fewer titles worth buying, what is worth buying, is better than the best the DS has to offer). There are two or three titles that are definitely worth checking out on the PSP, and the system is simply much more powerful, much slicker and actually has other functions.

That's not to say the PSP doesn't have it's issues, but what doesn't?

DarkDragoonX
07-03-2005, 03:47 PM
- Kirby Canvas Curse
- Polarium
- Meteos
- Trace Memory
- Lost in Blue
- Pac n Roll
- Castlevania
- Some Surgeon game
- Viewtiful Joe DS
- Sonic Rush
- Nintendogs

Don't forget Mario and Luigi 2, that lawyer adventure game (I can't remember it's exact name... Ace Attorney something, I think), Xenosaga DS, and most importantly, Lunar: Dragon Song (formerly Lunar: Genesis). It's the first new Lunar game in forever and is thus on my list of stuff I absolutely positively must play the day it comes out.

Cloral
07-03-2005, 08:26 PM
What's funny is the DS had almost nothing when it came out, but it beginning to have a strong showing. On the other hand, the PSP had a good lineup at launch, but hasn't had shit since.

LinktheMaster
07-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Exactly. The PSP doesn't look to have much of anything coming out that's good... but look at the DS.

Mario Kart, Animal Crossing. 2 online games that look to be good. Kirby turned out to be wonderful. MPH is also looking quite good. Then there's Zelda, several FF games, the Mario RPG, new Super Mario Bros, Lost in Blue, Nintendogs, Trace Memory, and I can go on. June was the first month to start picking up (mainly with Kirby), and the DS looks like it's going to have a steady stream of good games for a good while. ;)

Grasshopper
07-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Just out of curiousity... how could you not know that Golden Eye: Rogue Agent was indeed related to the console game of the same name?

And seriously, I mean no offense by this post.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-06-2005, 09:31 AM
I bought Meteos and Kirby yesterday, and I strongly suggest that you go out and purchase both of them. In just the few minutes that I have played them thus far, I have become incredibly hooked. I loaned my DS to my friend though...so I only got to play them for five minutes.

Once she played Kirby...no way was she giving it back.

Going to pick it up later on today, though. :)

LinktheMaster
07-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I've heard those 2 are supposed to be the best original DS games out yet. I'll be getting Kirby, but I'm not the puzzle fan, so no meteos for me.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Dude, I swear, Meteos is not just a puzzle game...it is like Tetris Attacks, in RPG form...on crack. It is that damn good.

punkonjunk1024
07-07-2005, 03:05 PM
I shoulda frickin bought meteos.

Just out of curiousity... how could you not know that Golden Eye: Rogue Agent was indeed related to the console game of the same name? Didn't know anything about the game, in general. Sorry if I mistyped or something. Neither DS or whatever else it was on.

Warlock
07-07-2005, 05:41 PM
The rule of thumb is you should always research this stuff before you buy the games ;) What you need to do is read reviews from a few different places. And not just the scores, you gotta read the whole thing because some places will score games higher or lower than they deserve, when really you can get a better impression for yourself by reading about the problems or good things the game has.

Of course, better than reviews are generally public opinion. If you can find out what a large group of people think about it (and you have to be objective.. you'll always have people who for example hate Wind Waker just because it's cel shaded when that has nothing to do with the quality of the game) that's sometimes better than review scores :P