PDA

View Full Version : how do i make a dungeon i tried the tutrials but they didnt help

mikelinkdoggeek
07-01-2005, 04:29 PM
by mikelinkdoggeek

CJC
07-01-2005, 04:38 PM
This topic should probably be moved to the help section.

So what's giving you trouble? Actually making the dungeon or dmap trouble?
If it's a problem with dmaps and you can't connect the dungeon to your overworld, you probably made a mistake with your tilewarps or sidewarps. Please elaborate on your problem.

mikelinkdoggeek
07-01-2005, 04:41 PM
This topic should probably be moved to the help section.

So what's giving you trouble? Actually making the dungeon or dmap trouble?
If it's a problem with dmaps and you can't connect the dungeon to your overworld, you probably made a mistake with your tilewarps or sidewarps. Please elaborate on your problem.
i need help with the dmap and makeing the actual dungeon

VEL
07-01-2005, 06:26 PM
--Moved to ZC Quest Editor Help--

ZeldaLord
07-01-2005, 08:04 PM
That's very vague, there are many things involved in making a dungeon which have nothing to do with dmaps. Are you struggling with doors, secrets, flags, or something else?

mikelinkdoggeek
07-01-2005, 08:45 PM
That's very vague, there are many things involved in making a dungeon which have nothing to do with dmaps. Are you struggling with doors, secrets, flags, or something else?
all of the above plus the map the rooms and eneimies with items.the entrance/exit to.

Synesthesia
07-01-2005, 09:38 PM
It sounds like you didn't even take a stab at it. Just follow one of the tutorials step-by-step. Go at your own pace and I'm sure you'll get through it.

I haven't gotten a chance to make a dungeon yet but the tutorials haven't failed me yet.

CJC
07-02-2005, 10:43 PM
If you need something to look at to see how an actual dungeon works, open the example first quest.
As for enemies, there's a command in the pull down menu that will let you select enemies for the room. To have an enemy carry an item (You can't set which one as far as I know), you have to turn it on in the screen flags section, and then specify what item it will be carrying. (Haven't done this in ages, so fiddle 'till you find it.)

The best teacher is experience. Instead of starting with an actual project, open one of the example quests and play around with it. When you feel comfortable with the program, then start a quest of your own.

(Note, if you edit an example quest, make sure you save it as a different filename so the original isn't overwritten.)

EleXor
07-03-2005, 05:47 AM
The tutorial dungeon part is very CRUDELY explained. Everything went well except this part. It says the edit secret combos, and the next picture is picture of the dungeon! That makes no sense to me. So could somebody explain to me step by step, how to make a dungeon. Please, don't answer "look at the tutorial.qst" I did, and makes no sense to me. :scared:
*EDIT*
I didn't realize, that the actual dungeon making was forward. Now it works. But it doesn't make the "walk" sound when you walk over to the stairs. WHY? :scared:

CJC
07-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Stairs is just a type of tilewarp. It activates the screen's tilewarp and places the character in a specified spot. A pit also activates the tilewarp, but the character is place in the exact same spot as the pit on the new screen.

If you want to have it make the walk sound, you must use a cave or cave2 combo.

Anyways, which did you do, read the in-zquest tutorial or go through the tutorial quest?
If you did the later, I recommend taking a day and reading the in-zquest tutorial instead, and then experimenting.