PDA

View Full Version : July 4th

Master Ghaleon
06-30-2005, 09:59 PM
What are ya guys going to get into on the 4th?

I got a party that Im going to. We usually play volleyball, horseshoes and softball. We get a quarter keg and people bring couple 30 packs so there isnt any shortage of beer :D

Lilith
06-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Working. Just like I did on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day, Valentine's Day and Memorial Day. :X

ShadowTiger
06-30-2005, 11:08 PM
lol rotating penis.

It's now 6/30/05, and the Fourth has ALREADY started. Seriously, we can hear tremendous booms outside of our house. We live by a bridge, so we get to go up there and hear everything that goes on. I don't think I'll be able to sleep for the next week or so. >_< We get a LOT Of activity here, but the actual fourth doesn't have all that many big firecrackers and such.

We do have some fanatics who light firecrackers on their lawn at a very awkward angle. It lands in a firemans practice field just meters away from their house. Kinda ironic.

Oh yeah. We're making 4th of July Jello cups. :p They're very spiffy.

Master Ghaleon
06-30-2005, 11:13 PM
We do have some fanatics who light firecrackers on their lawn at a very awkward angle. It lands in a firemans practice field just meters away from their house. Kinda ironic..

I gotta shitload of bottle rockets which im gonna shoot towards the other apartment building :D

Lilith that sucks, what kind of job do you have that would make ya work on some of those holidays like Xmas and Thanksgiving?

Lilith
06-30-2005, 11:16 PM
24 hour Walgreens.

goKi
07-01-2005, 12:23 AM
I'll have the day off... not doing anything since we don't celebrate :D. I wish i could have been in the states for July 4. :(

biggiy05
07-01-2005, 01:19 AM
I will be at my firehouse getting ready to go stand on the roof of the high school with a big ass fire extinguisher in case someone screws up when lighting the fireworks.

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-01-2005, 03:24 AM
I'm going to watch baseball, then try to go to sleep before my parents make me go see fireworks. I think I have summer school(didn't fail a course, had too many subjects on my schedule to finish during the regular school year) and that'll suck, but if I just get posession of a 24 pack of Mountain Dew I'll probably have a good day.

Rainman
07-01-2005, 03:47 AM
I'll probably be resting from work and playing WoW. This weekend was going to be a 4-day weekend, but a series of things kept on getting fucked up and now it'll probably only be two. Here's to working on Saturday!

Drunken Tiger
07-01-2005, 05:07 AM
A coupla mates and i are heading up to the lake for some fish, drinks and poker.. ;)

But its not really July 4th celebrations, seeing that im in Australia.. Just a coincidence that its on the fourth..

But nonetheless, i guess setting a bonfire will be sufficient..

All you people back home, have fun blowing shit up!!

Great Warrior
07-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Drink.
Cookout.
Maybe Fireworks.

It should be a fine holiday.

Amber
07-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Working. Just like I did on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day, Valentine's Day and Memorial Day. :X

Me too. Unfortunately I work nights, so no fireworks and very little cookout time for me.

carrot red
07-01-2005, 01:36 PM
It starts with watching the parade and ends with fireworks. I hope to have all my fingers left on the 5th. : p

Carcer
07-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Well, I'm in England so I'll be scowling, cursing and being generally bitter.
^_^ Actually I think I'm going to a gig that day. I rarely think about it anyway.
I did that last year, too. God, my life is plain.

moocow
07-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Tonight I'm going to Red, White and Boom, which is in Columbus. Tomorrow, I'm working then going to Gellar Park for the Star Spangled Celebration in Heath. I'm helping the HHS Flag Corps run their game booth (Yay, I'm allumni!). Then I dunno what I'm doing on Sunday. Then, on Monday, I'm gettign paid to stay home (w00t! Paid holidays).

Ganonator
07-01-2005, 08:57 PM
I fly to VA Beach on Sunday, and I'll spend the 4th chillin w/ one of my roomates (who is going to help me teach) and maybe some AGNers if the timing is right.

Deviance
07-01-2005, 09:17 PM
I'll be sitting on my ass on July 4th. But I'll go watch the fireworks they have here. My parents got work so I will not be doing anything interesting. :(

Lutraphobiac
07-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Like most 4th of July's, I will probably walk out my back door to see the local firework show. I live about 1 block from where they start charging people to see the show. So I get to see it for free. Take that local volunteer fireman! It is quiet impressive for such a small town actually.

Archibaldo
07-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Well, I'll be taking a very canadian camping trip on sunday that will last a very canadian week untill a canadian saturday and a canadian camp ground with the Scouts Canada at a canadian jamboree... CANADIAN!

Since I'm probably the only canadian who posted in this thread I might as well tell you about what I did yesterday, which was Canada Day. I had to work. BUT before that I was at the celebration at the park climbing things and telling people that safe sex is good sex.

KingOfHeart
07-02-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm just going to relax and watch some fireworks outside my window.
People are already starting because lastnight I heard a lot of fireworks right outside.
Happy 4th of July since I probably won't be here.

PolygonX8
07-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Doing my summer school work, or working in ZQ if I can get away with it.

I live right behind my high school, and they have a fireworks show every 4th, so, I reckon my parents are gonna go see it.

Gerudo
07-02-2005, 07:46 PM
24 hour Walgreens.
you a cashier?

i get the lovely 24 hour Wal-Mart...

July 4th will be the first holiday that i've worked for them...

SixTen
07-02-2005, 11:49 PM
The British guy staying with us heard the fireworks today and asked what it was about, seeing as it isn't actually the 4th yet. I told him the Canadians were invading, and not to bother about finding cover, they invade every year about this time, they can't hit anything.

Dechipher
07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
My bands finishing up recording our album tonight.

vegeta1215
07-04-2005, 04:19 PM
I went to a party on the beach today. The families that live on 11th street here in Ocean City (where we used to live - we now live on 9th street) throw one every year, with games and food. It was fun.

But now I have to go to work on the boardwalk tonight. It's going to be a madhouse. I'm not looking forward to it to say the least.

Machiavelli
07-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Since my original plans got cancelled, I'm just gonna go to a BBQ with friends then chill outside and watch the fireworks show that the neighborhood kids illegaly put on in the park every year. I think it's stupid to make fireworks illegal here. And someone always calls the cops...

Last year a firecracker set a bush on fire. Guess thats part of why they banned them.

Glitch
07-05-2005, 09:47 AM
I went to a party with Moo. Got really really fuckered up. Slept for about 20 hours on Sunday.

vegeta1215
07-05-2005, 01:22 PM
It wasn't as bad at work as I thought it would be.

The night kind of sucked though. They shoot fireworks off from the pier in Ocean City for the 4th of July, and you can usually see them from anywhere on the boardwalk. But last night there was so much fog you couldn't see anything :( I feel really bad for families who drove so far to get here, only to be disappointed.

ShadowTiger
07-05-2005, 02:04 PM
I went to the bridge to watch the fireworks like we usually do. I was rather surprised, because of threefold reasons.

1) The directions that usually have GREAT fireworks, had little to none.

2) The directions that never had ANY fireworks, had some REALLY AMAZING ones.

3) July Third had more fireworks than July Fourth. And the fireworks were so common on the fourth, that we had thought people were knocking on our door, they were so common.

I almost watched someone swallow a firecracker.

Master Ghaleon
07-11-2005, 01:44 AM
People are still setting off loads of fireworks over here. I need to get some more in the near future

CrimsonAi
07-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Mine was a normal day, then at night, fireworks like every year. But this time it was really cloudy out.. so the fireworks' lights spread a lot . .. it was a really neat affect!

Deviance
07-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Yeah that day when the fireworks happend. It sucked. I should of just stayed home.

CrimsonAi
07-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Wait.. you're saying it sucked because it was cloudy?