PDA

View Full Version : My warps are torn up!

Madman200
06-30-2005, 08:26 PM
I have a point where you loop from one point of a dungeon to another, but it just takes me to a grey room with 4 blue keese! It's torn up, can someone tell me what happened?

Tim
07-01-2005, 02:57 PM
It's sending you to room 80 instead of the desired room. Just make sure all rooms with warp tiles have the Tile Warp set. If it's a walk-off screen warp, make sure Side Warp is set. If the warps are set to Cave/Item Room, your warps will not work in this instace. Experiment with different warp transitions to see what you like.

mikelinkdoggeek
07-01-2005, 06:56 PM
I have a point where you loop from one point of a dungeon to another, but it just takes me to a grey room with 4 blue keese! It's torn up, can someone tell me what happened?
u messed up now u have to start all over

ZeldaLord
07-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Just because you're new doesn't mean you can just go around spreading false information. :sweat: It really doesn't help people.

Anyway, Madman200, like Magi_hero said, you've left your warp as Cave/Item room, which will ignore your coordinates and just send you to screen 80.
As for the type, in general, insta-warps are best for dungeons. If you're using a warp tile, or some kind of "magic" warp, I reccomend using Insta-warp /w wave FX, which is basically the same as the LttP one. If you're using stairs, go for insta-warp w/ Blackout, which should just pause slightly between the two screens.

Madman200
07-01-2005, 09:43 PM
A: I was using Passage
B: Before any replies, I used Blackout. I wanted to use Scrolling Warp, but nope.