PDA

View Full Version : College

Sephiroth
06-29-2005, 08:31 PM
What do you think of it? I have just enrolled as a college freshmen. :P

Beldaran
06-29-2005, 08:58 PM
College is stupid, but you have to go, otherwise people will think you are stupid, even though most people with college degrees are stupid.

There is no sanity in the world.

MacWeirdo42
06-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts. I'm going to be a senior next year. Had a blast. Don't want to see it end. I'm already reminiscing about my previous three years. Remember with all your studying and whatnot to take time for the little things, like staying up until 3:00 watching (and making fun of) very bad broadcast television. Make lots of friends. Have fun. Don't take it too seriously (but don't completely blow off your work).

Dechipher
06-29-2005, 11:07 PM
What are you planning to major in?

Master Ghaleon
06-29-2005, 11:40 PM
If I did goto college, i would goto a Culinary school. But im not gonna waste my money. If I won the lotto I would go, no doubt.

Orion
06-29-2005, 11:49 PM
College is a blast. Sure, it costs a great deal of money, but that's the way our society is so deal with it or don't go, whichever floats your boat. It's a good way to enjoy fun and freedom at the same time. It's kinda like being an adult, but with only half of the responsibilities. Enjoy it while it lasts.

SixTen
06-29-2005, 11:55 PM
If I did goto college, i would goto a Culinary school. But im not gonna waste my money. If I won the lotto I would go, no doubt.
If you won the lotto, you'd be rich enough not to have to go. Although I wish I could go to culinary school. I like to cook.

King Link
06-30-2005, 12:29 AM
University/College is awesome (for me anyway). Lots of people, and... well, I'm sort of isolated from my friends right now. So I can't wait to go back and see them.

Lol @ me for wanting to go to school.

Ich
06-30-2005, 12:56 AM
I can't wait to go. I'm going to Germany for a year first; I get five years to enjoy high school instead of just 4. I know there *are* "super seniors" who get five, but all five of mine are different, the last moreso than the first four. 13 year abroad pwns.

Ganonator
06-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Well, going to a real college my first year out, I felt like this was the coolest experience of my life - and it was. Enjoy the time, the sex, the experience, and the booze.

This, of course, was before I went to tech school. Then, I got owned by schoolwork instead of owning a keg.

Rainman
06-30-2005, 01:04 PM
I've already finished a year of engineering college and University of Pittsburgh. I spent most of my time on the computer trying to avoid the booze driven Frat boys that were running around my hall. I lived in a dorm far from campus too and that really sucked. The school work was hard but I had a surprising amount of free time. One thing I was hoping for with college was a more focused study that I could clearly see pertained to my major. The first year gave me some of that. I had a course that taught me basic computer programming skills. I had math and physics. Chemistry really sucked because it was always talking about solutions and I didn't think that had much to do with computers. My first year I didn't make much time for a social life and mainly hanged out with my brother and his roommate who lived across the hall.

Next year I specifically chose a dorm right in the middle of campus. That means a lot more people in my area and food places are closer. I now no longer live across the hall from my brother so I won't be using him as a social crutch. My schedule next year is interesting. I don't have to wake up before 9. Monday and Friday only have one class. All my classes are distributed among three days. This could be really great or really suck. Thankfully my courses now have a lot more to do with computers. Next year I'm hoping to both get good grades and improve my social life. That is an ambitious project. After this summer I'll be leaving my home in Sayre, Pennsylvania and most likely not returning for as long a time as I have this summer. Next summer I will get a co-op job somewhere and start to official enter the skilled work force. This is scary stuff, but also exciting.

Deviance
06-30-2005, 01:07 PM
I don't need to worry about colledge. I got 3 years to go. It was going to be 2 but I decided to just blow the year off. :(

jman2050
06-30-2005, 01:23 PM
I took a programming vocational course, only because I didn't have money to go to a real college (and furthermore, I didn't want to waste my time with the useless crap they teach in most colleges, degree be darned).

Have fun though, I hear it is quite a treat if you don't stress yourself out.