PDA

View Full Version : Fixing a PC Controller

bigjoe
06-29-2005, 08:41 AM
I have a PC controller (from Saitek) that gives me problems when the part connected to the controller is wiggled. Is there a way to fix this without taking it apart?

I hope I can get this fixed soon. I cant play any game in ZSNES because once the computer thinks the controller is disconnected, ZSNES will no longer function from the controller, even if its been "reconnected".

VEL
06-29-2005, 02:04 PM
The only thing I can think of doing without taking it apart, is to put some tape on it to stop the part from wiggling. We had a phone that had problems with a loose cord, and we used tape to "fix" it.

DarkDragoonX
06-30-2005, 09:51 PM
My personal recommendation is that you ditch the PC controller. Instead, buy a PS2 controller and a USB converter. I have never, EVER had a PC controller that didn't break within 6 months. Console controllers are much sturdier, and using one of them instead is a much better choice.

SystemOfADown
07-02-2005, 04:07 PM
My personal recommendation is that you ditch the PC controller. Instead, buy a PS2 controller and a USB converter. I have never, EVER had a PC controller that didn't break within 6 months. Console controllers are much sturdier, and using one of them instead is a much better choice.

Yep anything can break even Metal w/- being frozen at -400 degrees celcius and hit w/ a hammer or heated.

So just by a new one anything can break even metal.

BTW when metal is frozen then you hit it, it shatters but, there has to be other ways to shatter metal so, don't worry about it if you can't fix it just buy a new one because anything can break even metal and I am right.