PDA

View Full Version : Connections

Pablo
06-27-2005, 11:48 PM
This is kind of a random thought, so if it's not exactly clear, bear with me. In my case, my dad is a horse-racing addict, meaning I spent a large portion of my childhood at Arlington Racetrack (http://www.arlingtonpark.com/). The point is, damn near everyone there smokes big, strong Cuban cigars. So to this day, whenever I smell cigar smoke, I'm reminded of my early childhood. Does anyone else experience something like this? It'd be kind of interesting to hear other peoples' experiences as far as this goes.

SixTen
06-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Right before my alarm would go off before school, it would make a small popping noise before the static or the radio or whatever it was set to started playing. Unfortunately, a pencil being dropped onto the table at just the right height also makes the same sound, and since I really hate being woken up when I don't want to I always get angry when I hear that sound.

Dechipher
06-28-2005, 12:33 AM
I like that feeling when you just wake up, with the right music and all that.
Well, I woke up one day to hear Sugar Ray's "Runaway" on the radio, and since then that song gives me a good feeling. Ecen though it's a mediocre song.

Archibaldo
06-28-2005, 07:55 PM
When ever I hear that song "Dilemma" I'm reminded of my first day of highschool. Because that song played all the time on the bus radio on my way to school that year.

SixTen
06-28-2005, 08:23 PM
I hate it when a song reminds you of someone you hate, like an ex for example. Even if it's a good song, you just hate it because it brings back bad memories.

Archibaldo
06-28-2005, 08:26 PM
I hate it when a song reminds you of someone you hate, like an ex for example. Even if it's a good song, you just hate it because it brings back bad memories.

Yeah, I mentioned that in another thread that the song "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day reminds me of my ex and I get a weird feeling every time I hear it.

SixTen
06-28-2005, 08:30 PM
That song is weird anyway. Green Day has gone slightly emo and I'm worried they moving closer to the dark side. Either way, this post is off topic, but that's just what I think of the song.

Speaking of emo, it reminds me of little whiny bitches who can't deal with their problems in any other way but crying. It's like they had their parents tell them all their lives not to cry and stop whining and now they are lashign out in rebellion... except they don't realise that there was a good reason their parents told them that. They just look like whiny bitches.

Sorry if that emo bit was also off topic, I hate emo.