PDA

View Full Version : 2500 miles away, i'm local news.

Ganonator
06-25-2005, 08:42 PM
For all of you who don't keep a close watch on me, I'm currently in Greenville, South Carolina doing a 2-week teaching seminar on video games. It pays well, it's loads of fun, and down here in the south, it's late-breaking local news.

On Wednesday of my first week, NBC-WYFF came to my classroom wasting almost an hour filming footage and getting interviews for their newscast. Personally, I was ticked because the final result was less than shit.

For you on a broadband connection, you can check out the entire clip here -> http://www.thedpshack.com/ccesnewscast.zip (.avi, about 26MB )

I gave a great interview! Why? Cause this is my fucking job. To them? Fuck it. As you can see, my 10 minutes of fame were shortened to about 8 seconds or less.

Hopefully I'll be a little more newsworthy when I teach in Virginia Beach, July 5th-15th.

Glitch
06-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Dude, wtf. That was your perfect chance to announce to the nation that you were gay.

Lawsuit! Lawsuit! Lawsuit!

btw, gratz on your acheivement.

*b*
06-25-2005, 10:37 PM
damn, man, if I had gotten interviewed, I would have muttered "hi" and passed out. but, at least you got SOME air time, even if it was patheticaly short for somone who's actually TEACHING those kids

Master Ghaleon
06-26-2005, 02:40 AM
Thats awesome man. I was on our local news cause some dumbass in walkersville was digging up the ground to put houses on and they busted some main water pipes so we had to close down the restaurant for 3 weeks. When the water crisis was over they came in and interviewed my step dad and a bartender, but I was filmed while cooking for like 7 sec. Its a double bonus that you got to talk ;)

Rijuhn
06-26-2005, 02:57 AM
Awesome Ganonator, but two questions. Which one of the people speaking was you, and where in VA Beach are you going to be? I'd like to drive over there and maybe met you if possible. VB Represent, YEAH!

vegeta1215
06-26-2005, 03:00 AM
Cool man. Nice to see your mug again ;)

btw, you're plugging ZC and AGN in all of your classes right?

Ganonator
06-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Awesome Ganonator, but two questions. Which one of the people speaking was you, and where in VA Beach are you going to be? I'd like to drive over there and maybe met you if possible. VB Represent, YEAH!I was the guy that was 'teaching', saying the cool stuff about 'programming, math, science, graphics' and then i get cut off. Good times.

I dont' know where I'm actually going to be, but it's definitely in VB, and not Norfolk ( I'm assuming these are two different locations ) It would be tight if we got to kick it on the weekend between my two-week classes. I'll stay in touch.

On a side note, you guys want to come down and kick it w/ me? CK said she would be up for it too ;)

As far as pushing AGN and ZC, these kids might really enjoy it. I'll consider bringing it up this week.

biggiy05
06-26-2005, 10:34 PM
That kid sitting at the computer got more airtime than you did Ganonator. Either way that was cool and hey your doing something good.

Rijuhn
06-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Ganonator, when you get in town just PM me with the location that you are teaching and I'll see if we can meet up somewhere and hang out, that'd be really cool. I also figured you were the one who sounded professional. Til then.

Rainman
06-27-2005, 12:23 AM
I see star potential. :P

Amber
06-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Virginia Beach and Norfolk are like an hour apart, I think. It's been a long time since I went to Virginia Beach.

Great Warrior
06-27-2005, 02:20 AM
Congratulations. Fame starts with a few seconds. :)

Vagla
06-27-2005, 06:48 AM
On a side note, you guys want to come down and kick it w/ me? CK said she would be up for it too

Maybe when you get back to DigiPen. I haven't even seen a single other DS gamer in all of Seattle, so maybe we can do a little multiplayer (assuming you even have a DS. Of course, there are other things to do, too ;)). Lemme know.

Shadowblazer
06-27-2005, 10:16 AM
That's awesome, Russ! WYFF is actually my NBC station here in Western NC. Too bad I don't watch the news or it would have been a sweet surprise seeing you on there.

Fiyerstorm
06-27-2005, 10:19 AM
But hey...amputees have come a long way!

:B

Is it wrong to say that I found that news report HOT, Russ? ;o

Matteo
06-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Stop by 20 Buist Ave. (its off North Main) and say hi to my grandpop for me. (He lives in Greenville)

Thanks.