PDA

View Full Version : Ritarded gamestore employees

Revfan9
06-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Just tell a story about you going to a gamestore and encountering a really stupid worker.

Brasel
06-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Once I went to AGN and saw a thread entitled: "Ritarded gamestore employees" and wondered how you insult someone by calling them retarded if you can't even spell it.

Anyway, one time I went to Gamestop and some guy who worked there told me that the Dreamcast was going to make a comeback. This was when Sega had first announced that they were going to stop making consoles. He told me that it would be wiser to buy a Dreamcast than a PS2. This guy was either really stupid or really desperate to make a sale.

Revfan9
06-26-2005, 01:07 AM
I once went to my local gamestop to reserve the new Zelda. When I asked the clerk for the registration form, she said:

" ZELDA...PS2 or XBOX version?"

Second story:

I went into my local gamestop again and long story short, the manager asked me this:"What the **** is a video game?!"

AlexMax
06-26-2005, 09:59 AM
This is fucking ridiculous.

Next time you make a thread, do not expect other people to supply the content of your threads. If you don't have something to bring to the table when you create a thread, then don't bother.

I'll leave this open, but only because you decided to contribute later on in the thread.

Archibaldo
06-26-2005, 12:11 PM
One time I went to a store, I can't remember which one it was a long time ago, and I asked for a copy of "Link's Awakening". The clerk said they were sold out but gave me "Quest For Camelot" instead. He said they were both pretty much the exact same thing.

Master Ghaleon
06-26-2005, 12:58 PM
I went to Wal-Mart to buy Madden 2004 and the guy at the video game section was a retard. I'm actually surprised that they would even give him this job, maybe a greeter job ( those people that just stand in the way when you walk in) but not something that involved dealing with money. I realized that when I walked into the store that only 4 of the 20 cashier lines were open and the lines went about half way in the store. I had to deal with this guy not just to get him to open up the glass window but in the buying process also. I found the game I wanted to buy and I gotta get this guy to open the window for me. I ask him to open the sliding window so i can get the Madden game. He looked at me as his mouth opened like he was going to yawn and then this loud growl moan came out of his mouth. I was thinking to myself "WTF was that" and told him again that I needed for him to get this game for me. He still wasnt getting out of his chair but all the sudden I see his head fly back like he just gotten whip lash. He is in one of those motorized wheelchairs. So as he is flying around the corner he slams on his brakes and thier goes his head again. It looked like a fucking bobble head doll bouncing around. He reaches in his pocket to realize he forgot the keys. He told me in simple words "I no have key, i get them" So instead of putting that thing in reverse he kinda bumps into the glass before he put it in reverse to manuever around. He is flying around the corner to get the key, he finds the keys and zips around the corner real fast but guess what. He flew right into the big turn rack of old VCR tapes. Tapes all over the fucking place. I busted out laughing so hard, it was too funny. Im guessing this guy wasnt supposed to be alone cause here comes the other video game section worker and she got the game for me and I left.

Orion
06-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I went into my local gamestop again and long story short, the manager asked me this:"What the **** is a video game?!"

Somehow, I doubt that.

I do know a lot of game retailers where thrown for a loop when that rumor (or joke) about a realistic Wind waker remake was around.

Lutraphobiac
07-01-2005, 10:34 PM
I once went to my local gamestop to reserve the new Zelda. When I asked the clerk for the registration form, she said:

" ZELDA...PS2 or XBOX version?"

[/B]

What? Is there another system?