PDA

View Full Version : Music?

Zelda Master
06-24-2005, 08:50 PM
This has really been bugging me for awile so why does zquest
2.10 Have midi problems? When i play zeldaclassic2.10, it also has problems!
is there a way to fix this?

Rakki
06-25-2005, 03:20 PM
I've heard opening ZQuest and letting the Lost Woods midi play in there for a minute or so, then closing ZQuest and opening ZC will fix that problem, but it didn't work for me. Try it and see if it does, and if not, you're most likely stuck with no music for 2.10.

Zelda_Warrior
06-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Stuck with no music for 2.10? WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT TO DO THAT??!! Quests seem to have no feel for them without music, and you also couldn't hear sound effects. There are so many ways to try to fix it, one of them must work otherwise somebody has a verry shitty sound card that isnt supported. Try the following:

1. Check to see if you have the sfx .dat
2. Download the archive files for THE RIGHT version you got.
3. Try using both the DOS and Windows versions of ZC.
4. Open ZC, let the lost woods midi play for a little bit, then close ZC and re-boot ZC. (Also, rebooting the whole system after doing this may help, too.)
5. Sometimes when I open up ZC, for some reason I can't hear any sounds, but sometimes I can fix that by re-booting ZC.
6. Re-download. Could be a corrupt download.
7. Re-install. Could be a corrupt install.
8. Re-boot your godamn computer! I know some people that are so paranoid about re-booting (It will shorten your hard-drive's life a little bit you know.) that they haven't rebooted for a month!
9. Try downloading ZC from a different source.
10. Fuck 2.10 and go to 1.92 again. 2.10 is really buggy at the moment.

Rakki
06-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Number 10 is what I did. I play SOME 2.10 quests, but because of the sound being so loud for me(which is a ZC issue, not a sound card issue thanks), and not having music(well it's there, just EXTREMELY quiet), it really takes away from the feel of the quest. I only edit on version 1.92, for now.

Zelda_Warrior
06-25-2005, 03:59 PM
OHhhh.. You have the sound volume issue. Why don't you download a program to force it louder? I have that problem and I use a program on a CD that came with my speakers that makes the speakers able to get louder than normally in any program.

Rakki
06-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Because if I did that, then I would go deaf from the sound effects. They're already BLARING even on 1 notch of volume(and I mean, 1 pixel up from the bottom of the bar), and since I can't just turn off the SFX, yeah. I remember hearing they've fixed the volume problem in the newest betas now though, so yeah.

looney linklord
06-26-2005, 06:34 PM
hey, my 2.10 is fine, the least buggiest version i have! mabey you should download it from another author.
i get this problem on 1.90

ZeldaLord
06-26-2005, 06:56 PM
I think this is fixed in the private betas.

This is an Allegro issue. ZC now uses a different version of Allegro, so the problem may be fixed.

Zelda_Warrior
06-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Wow, that's a very weird problem. You know, ZC sometimes uses the sound volume set in windows, so try making that louder if you already haven't.

looney linklord
06-26-2005, 11:26 PM
mabey 2.10 (for you anyway) has a default on the midi volume, go to quest-> midi's, and adjust the volume for that midi