PDA

View Full Version : Simple layering and custom titles questions

Pineconn
06-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Joy, finished my first quest. I didn't use anything advanced, like chests and more than two layers.

So! I have two questions. Number One. Say I want to make a screen in which it's raining, there is a 2x2-tile tree, and everything else is grass. But, I want to go under the top of the tree (the two "top of tree" tiles.) (Overhead, I know. :rolleyes: ) The two "top of tree" tiles are transparent where the tree part is not. (The corners, that is.) How would I set this up so it would work? (Remember the rain... :) )

Number Two. How do I set it up so that I can have a screen, title being "Desert," then go to a screen that would say "Lake?" But I would like the large map to show the whole overworld. How would I set THIS up?

I thank any help.

Phazite
06-24-2005, 07:40 PM
1. I'm not sure about this, but I think you should make the tree tops on other layers and not overheads. Then make the rain on a higher layer.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by "But I would like the large map to show the whole overworld." but you can use different dmaps on the same map. You can mak a side warp go from one dmap to another dmap and on the same map.

Zelda_Warrior
06-24-2005, 07:47 PM
whats thie name of this first quest that you made?

Pineconn
06-24-2005, 07:56 PM
When you press Select (preset to space), it would bring up the large map.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zelda002.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zelda001.bmp

I would like the titles and music for a desert to be different than that of a lake, but the giant map (above) would show both.

whats thie name of this first quest that you made?

It's TLOZ: End of Time. I haven't submitted quite yet, but will soon. It uses original NES graphics (with a few customs :) )

Phazite
06-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Ok, so you're saying that you want a desert and lake on the same map, and you want to have different music and titles for each area? If that's what you're saying then just make a Dmap for the desert and a Dmap for the lake and make them both use the same map. (map 1..)

Pineconn
06-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Ha ha!! I tested, it worked! ^_^ Many thanks to you!!