PDA

View Full Version : dungeon tips

looney linklord
06-24-2005, 12:41 AM
yeah...i know i posted a topic like this before, but this one is specificly for dungeons. i need some tips on how to make good dungeons. what do you like in a dungeon? hard enemies, multiple bosses. just want to make a good quest, :shrug:

gryxzl
06-24-2005, 08:18 AM
I think the most important thing to remember in dungeon design is to maintain a steady learning curve. If the quest is too easy, a player will get bored and abandon the game. Too hard, and the player will get frustrated. Also have some kind of reward system in mind for good play. And always remember the golden rule (valid for life as well...) ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!!! - these are the 3 rules I try to follow when I DM a D&D game, and I've applied them to other situations as well, often with great success ... Just my 2 cents...

looney linklord
06-24-2005, 12:49 PM
thanks (insert your hard to read name)
i've got two cents in the jar now.

if you don't post (this isn't supposed to be threatening) there are annoying consequences. a very bad quest will be floating around. :darkmage:

spboy
06-24-2005, 10:45 PM
i agree with gryxzl. randomness is the best dungeon. some of mine are really hard, but that's gonna be other people's problems. multiple bosses are a plus too (like "minibosses", prebosses, ect.)