PDA

View Full Version : I'm I Doing something wrong in this Tutorial?

Kingboo30
06-22-2005, 02:35 PM
http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

You can find it. Anyways it's in the first chapter And I don't think I get the Caves and the starting point. I do everything it says. But the starting point is always at the top left corner. And I just can't enter caves. I's like the cave tile is a walkable tile. Give me some suggestions? Pics would be nice. And Yes I got here from gamefaqs with different username.

Zelda_Warrior
06-22-2005, 08:10 PM
umm.. First of all, use aplhadawgs tutorial.

Second of all, make sure the cave tiles is unwalkable. (Right click the cave tiles, and do you see a box? click on a corner to remove the pink.)

third of all, hit page down while in ZC. do you see that blue box (or warp, depending on which version your using) click on it. Then place it where youwant link to begin teh game. Then, click on the blue one, and place it where you want link to appear when he omes out of the cave. Hit page up. Voila.

Kingboo30
06-22-2005, 08:52 PM
Strange......Still not working and I was using his guide too............I'll Try it again

Zelda_Warrior
06-22-2005, 11:22 PM
i think i could fix it if i went in there but then what good woukld the tutorial be if it didnt teach you anything?

looney linklord
06-23-2005, 12:05 AM
make sure the tile combo is set to cave, and make the top two parts of the tile pink in the tile editor.for your second question, set your dmap with a continue screen other than 00. if that doesnt work,go to quest->initial data, and check your starting dmap

Kingboo30
06-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Okay, I got the starting point solved. I'll try the cave one. And the tutorial did teach me stuff. Alot of stuff but not entrances and caves. The Starting point guide said, "Keep the map to Zero."

EDIT:I got another question.......I got the cave working. The old man says his normal thing but.........I can't even move! I think this is because of the cave tile is alike to this one, but when I change the tile to a desert tile I still can't move. I'll try to solve this. I'll edit this again if I do.

EDIT2: I solved this problem. I had press alt so the guy continue speaking........Okay thanks.