PDA

View Full Version : Ganon Help

Love For Fire
06-22-2005, 11:37 AM
For some strange reason I can't get my Ganon room to work. I looked at the tutorial, and example1st.qst, but cant figure out why it doesn't work. Link starts in a room after a cutscene (for ganon's own Dmap) and is supposed to walk one room south to fight Ganon. I made the room typr Ganon, with no enemies or anything and it doesn't work. Someone help so I can finish! Thanks

marioz
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
What DOES happen when you enter the Ganon room?

ZeldaLord
06-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Have you used a dungeon dmap?

Love For Fire
06-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Yes it is a Dungeon DMap, and when Link walks into the room, the bottom shutter just opens as if there was no enemies in the room.

ZeldaLord
06-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a bug to me...

Just to check, though, what's the level number for that dmap? If it's 0, that's your problem, because that tells ZC to treat room types on that dmap like an overworld (i.e, load them to screen 80, which you don't want here).

Love For Fire
06-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Level number is 7. Ganon actually appeared ONE time when I first tried this. But even after starting a new file to test, because of a cutscene I needed to move the Ganon room, and then it doesn't work anymore.

Rakki
06-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Maybe try setting the level number to 9? It would be weird if true, but maybe Ganon HAS to be in level 9. Heck, maybe you can't have Link enter the room from a side other than the bottom. If changing the level doesn't work, try making a copy Ganon room where Link will enter it from the bottom, and see if it works.

ZeldaLord
06-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Well, I doubt that would be the case, because if it was, wouldn't it rely on some sort of "trigger" (like a ZQuest flag) to be that way? And we don't have one, so...
If it's either of those things, it's a bug.

Rakki
06-22-2005, 07:40 PM
I've just never seen a Ganon room in a quest where Link enters it from somewhere other than the bottom side of the screen, so I don't know if it's possible to use the other sides. You know, the green warp square, the one that makes Link walk a few tiles when he enters a dungeon, it doesn't work on a side other than the bottom. Now I know those don't really have anything to do with each other, but it might be the same concept.

I just looked at AlphaDawg's tutorial, even though it's old, most of the stuff in there is still valid, so, check to make sure, besides the Ganon room type, that you've got the Dungeon Boss flag set, and also, that it's a dark room. I'm not positive if the dark screen flag would actually affect this, cause it not to work, but I've never really messed around with the Ganon room before, so, yeah.

Love For Fire
06-22-2005, 08:19 PM
I FINALLY figured it out... Rakki was right... the Level must be set to 9. I hope this doesn't conflict with my other Level 9.. but whatever... at least this is fixed. Thanks everyone for their ideas.

Rakki
06-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Well if that other level 9 is a sort of side dungeon, maybe you should try changing the level number of that to something other than 0-9? I think it's best to reserve the first 10 level numbers for the overworld, the dungeons with the Triforce pieces, and Ganon, and not double-use level numbers. After all, you can at least have levels 0-99, I would assume(since you can enter two digits), if not 0-255 or such.

Love For Fire
06-23-2005, 11:30 PM
I see what you mean... I'm 17 rooms away from the final testing, the problem with that all being I needed to use Ganon twice. Once in Level 7 and again in Level 9. The 2 room Dmap set as Level 9 shouldn't conflict with the actual Level 9.

ZeldaLord
06-24-2005, 03:51 AM
Hmm... I think you're going to have problems with boss flags. Don't set the "Dungeon boss" flag on the level "7" Ganon room, instead, just set it on the level 9 one. Otherwise, when you kill Ganon in level 7, the one in level 9, will also die, which you don't want.

Love For Fire
06-24-2005, 09:34 AM
You can't kill the Ganon in Level 7, but I'll do that anyway.