PDA

View Full Version : "24" Movie

Glitch
06-21-2005, 09:52 AM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10074

The Calgary Sun reports that a movie based on popular Fox series 24, starring Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, is in the works.

Fucking sweet.

Blonde799
06-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Sweetness. Now I can be full of adrenaline for over 2 hours. :bouncy:

Manny
06-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Can't really get into the show that much, dunno, guess I'm not a fox fan :p
And since the series is on a 24 hour scale per seasons, 1 hour per episode, will the movie be called 2 (or perhaps 3)?
Just messin, don't take offense
-manny

Blonde799
06-21-2005, 09:59 PM
I can't wait to play the game.:p I hope it won't suck terribly, I'd hate to play as Jack Bauer after wasting $$$.

SomUnknown
06-21-2005, 10:32 PM
This will be an incredibly long movie.

Great Warrior
06-22-2005, 06:46 AM
For the movie a new approach will be used with some real time still being used according to producer / director Jan Cassar:

"The last I heard, the first hour will not be in real-time, but then something big will happen and real time will kick in. It still has to be worked out, it’s at a stage where they need to write it."

I wish they wouldn't do a movie. 24 is my favorite show. A movie of it would be dumb since the biggest reason that 24 is so awesome is the real time aspect. I like the characters, but there isn't a whole lot that sets it apart if you take away real time. Plus, the actors work 9 months out of the year on the show. A movie using the same actors would mean a huge break with no 24 at all. Then after the wait we only get 2 hours? I say no movie. But then again, Keifer Sutherland's contract is only for 5 seasons. Maybe after the fifth (they just finished the fourth) he would make the movie and end 24 that way. I still say no movie, and make kiefer sign another TV contract.