PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Picture Size?

Dark_Cloud
06-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Hi guys, I was wondering what the maximum picture size to put into Zquest can be? I know it's best to reduce the colors to 16, but I would like to know te biggest a picture can be. Thanks for your help and time, Nate.

Zelda_Warrior
06-20-2005, 03:53 PM
the number of colors and the size of the picture are two different things. If you mean the biggest picture you can grab, it's limitless. If you mean the highest number of color you can grab that you can color excatly the way it was in the game you grabbed it from, that's 16 colors since ZC's pallets are only 16 colors at a time but it can display a maximum of 256 colors at once.

Dark_Cloud
06-20-2005, 05:45 PM
The size is limitless? I thought I remeber someone saying somewhere the demensions for the biggest size you can import into Zquest. I just want to make a picture a certain size so that it will fill one screen completely, for a title screen.

Zelda_Warrior
06-20-2005, 05:47 PM
to make it the correct size count the square number of tiles in a tile screen. each tile is like 8X8 i think, so just mulitply that by the number of tiles on a screen and see how close it is to the picture you want to rip.

Also, there IS a limit, but the limit is the number of tile a quest can contain, which is like 10,000 tiles or something like that.

Rakki
06-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Each tile is 16x16 pixels big.
There are over 50,000 of both tiles and combos available.
As for the color limit, you can have 16 colors per Cset, and you're actually able to work with 3 or 4 csets per palette(two usually make up water/lava), so that's actually 64 colors you have to work with for a title screen or such. Csets 2, 3, 4 and 5, I think, are the ones you can place on a screen, so if you dedicate a palette to the title screen, that would be 64 colors.

SomUnknown
06-21-2005, 02:35 AM
To answer the actual question:
One screen is composed of 256(wide)x176(tall) pixels, and I would recommend making the bottom 8 pixels blank, as those will just be covered up. That way you can make your title screen exactly how you want it to look.

You can place any Cset color on a screen, 2, 3, 4, and 5, are just the level specific ones.

Dark_Cloud
06-21-2005, 03:22 AM
THANK YOU! That is what I was looking for! I really appreciate it! Thanks :) Green rep for you!