PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day

Glitch
06-19-2005, 11:46 AM
What is everyone doing for their dad on this special day?

Here in a little bit I'm taking my dad out to lunch and taking him to see Batman Begins. He's a big kid and will love it.

Archibaldo
06-19-2005, 12:26 PM
My two brother's, my and I bought my Dad a new BBQ. Since our old one was crap.

VT_Hokie_Fan
06-19-2005, 01:53 PM
My dad's working, but when he gets home he's getting a new razor.

moocow
06-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Well, my lovely brother came here and threatened to kill my dad on Friday. Then my dad kicked his ass. So, yeah. But, since I can't afford much, I got him a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart since he wouldn't tell me what he wanted. And a big hug.

linkofzelda1
06-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Well, my lovely brother came here and threatened to kill my dad on Friday.

:uhoh: Was he serious? Or was it a joke?

I got my dad a toolkit. It's not too fancy, but I'm broke, so it will work.

Master Ghaleon
06-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Cookout and pitched horseshoes. Fun game

Happy Fathers day to all the members that are fathers. That would be me, Eckels and JJmaxx that I know of.

Rainman
06-19-2005, 06:27 PM
I effectively broke so I don't know what to do. I could do the do-whatever-work-he-wants-done thing, but I do that anyway so I don't see the point.

Eckels
06-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Happy Fathers day to all the members that are fathers. That would be me, Eckels and JJmaxx that I know of.

Thank you MG, Happy Fathers day to you and all other AG dads as well.

I don't have a father, but my wife took me out to dinner and a movie last night for father's day. We went to Gasho's of Japan for dinner, and saw Batman Begins. Both were excellent!

ShadowTiger
06-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Indeed, happy Father's Day Eckels and AGN Dads. :) Pretty cool! ^_^

I made my dad a custom card, cleaned the house for him, and basically set myself to his every whim, beck, and call. We saw Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's Flying Castle, (We all loved it. Go see it.) then we had lamb chops for dinner.

biggiy05
06-19-2005, 11:57 PM

Your a dad MG? I never knew that

Happy Fathers day to all the AGN fathers.

Breaker
06-20-2005, 12:31 AM
I gave him his life for another year.

Master Ghaleon
06-20-2005, 12:31 AM
Yep, his names Jaden. I got pics on here Ill link them up if i find them. He will be 2 in July.

Here we go http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=81731&highlight=Bday+pics

Great Warrior
06-20-2005, 02:56 AM
I spent my day bonding with him because he used to spend one Saturday a month bonding with me when I was little. He enjoyed himself a lot and so did I.

carrot red
06-20-2005, 12:51 PM
I fixed him breakfast, bought him a gift, and I made him a card myself in which I wrote:

To my dad

Thank you for…
Always being the rock.
Expecting me to be my personal best at all times.
Having rules and enforcing them.
The great hugs, that always seemed to make everything better.
Always having time to listen.
Praising loudly, reprimanding softly.
Reading me the same book over and over again.
Teaching me how to play soccer.
Being my biggest cheerleader at sporting events.
Running until you were ready to drop, so I could fly my kite.
Taking me to the park even though you had other things to do.
Using the lop-sided mug I made for you in ceramics class.
Spending all Saturday afternoons teaching me how to ride a two wheeler.
Holding me on your shoulders on a hot day, so I could see the parade.
Sitting through countless *tea parties*, usually wearing a plastic crown on your head and using girly cups and saucers.
Teaching by example and demonstrating the ability to learn more about people, the world and life.
Running interference between mom and me whenever we didn’t see eye to eye.
Always taking my side, but also always telling me when I'm wrong.
Taking Chris fishing so you wouldn’t have to clean the fish I caught, because I always thought it was *gross.*
Eating the burnt toast, under cooked bacon and scrambled eggs on Father's Day as though it was the finest breakfast you ever enjoyed.