PDA

View Full Version : Official Starwars Quest Possiblity Discussion

zeldafannick
06-18-2005, 01:57 AM
wouldn't it be cool to have a starwars quest?You could have lightsabers and instead of a puff of smoke that appears when you kill an enemy,they could get vaporized!You could use force by making an item,like the wand for example,invisible and stuff.

If you are making a starwars quest or have ideas for one,then post here!

Zelda_Warrior
06-18-2005, 01:36 PM
hmm.. Interesting idea. I was going to make one and was a decent way through it, but wasn't pleasd with myself. The quest wasn't good enough because I didn't know how to do some stuff in ZC but ive ben wondering latley whether to make it again since im much better at ZC now. I also know more about the Star Wars storyline so I think ill try making a star wars quest soon...

EDIT: Oh what the hell I'll get started on it. I decided to make a Star Wars quest...

zeldafannick
06-19-2005, 12:14 AM
cool.you should have force powers or something.make an invisible boomerang or wand or something.

I just thought of the COOLEST thing.MAKE A GENERAL GREVOUS TILE!! That could be a boss or something.Also, when you have a demo and/or the quest done,please let me know.this sounds cool.

DJM
06-19-2005, 07:21 AM
Excelent idea, one which I ave considered many times but unfortunately do not have the neccersary expertise in quest making. The only help I could offer if a group of people wish to start this is possibly tile creation, and basic quest design.

It would make an great quest though, I was thinking of making it span all 6 episodes but I think that may be a bit to ambitious, especially witht he transition of main character from anakin to luke.

This senario made me think perhaps it could be an unseen character which we could create whom spans all 6 episodes. Levels could take place against the backdrops of main scenes int he film.

However, this means that the game would probabaly lose all its appeal, I think most people would want to play as a well known character who at least features in the film at one point. I guess we could use a random storm trooper for the game and hav it pro empire, however that would mean lightabers would be a no go.

I suggest we follow lukes story, you could expand apon the current storylines of the film and set the start of the game perhaps a year or 2 before A New Hope and perhaps even finish it long after ROTJ.

If we stick to this idea I suggest something vaguely simillar to the follwoing:
Areas:

Tatooine
Lars Home Area
Sand Dunes
Obi Wans Pad area
Jabba's palace
Mos Eisly - Cantina

Hoth

Rebel Base
Ice Cavern
Snowy Area
Battle field

Bespin
Cloud City - Exterior Area, Freezing Chamber ect

Dagobah
Yoda's Hut
Dark Side Cavern
Training Area

Death Star
Limitless Posibilities

Obviously Most areas would be accesible but you wouldn't be able to do much untill aquiring different items or powers.

Dungeons Could be:

Tusken Raiders cave, boss tusken raider.

Cantina - Very Small, simple boss involving two thugs

Death Star - No boss so to speak, but loats of storm troopers towards end of dungeon, also no real end section you find Leia then take an alternative route to the 'entrance' which could actualy be a different area yet looks the same

Death Star Attack Run, Dungeon which uses raft paths in order to simulate x-wing - Boss would be exhaust ports complete with vaders ship.

After this point You would probably gain control of the lightsaber. And would have depended on blasters untill now.

Ice Cavern - Standard Ice level Boss = Wampa

Dagobah - Dark Side Cave - Wierd, mysterious dungeon, heavy use of force in this dungeon Boss would be toned down version of vader in simmilar way to phantom gannon.

Cloud City Freezing Chamber - Multiple (3) battl;es with vader, in freezing chamber, glass window section and final bit on walkway.

possibilty for dramatic cut scene here.

Jabas Palace - Boss - The Rancor!!

Jabbas Cruiser, not really dungeon but a hectic fast paced battle section culminating in boss fight with boba and perhaps with Jabba (we can alter the storyline slightly! Can't we?)

Back to dagobah, perhaps another visit to the dark side cave with no powers to open new areas of dungeon? (we dont see luke go back there, but we can assume he does)

Ewok Village - Battle with ewoks?!? I dont know!

Forest mood of endor imperial shield generator - perhaps luke fights hear before "surrendering"

Death Star 2 - Vaguely Simmilar but different in places, much harder enemies and new section involving emporers tower (we can assume luke escapes his father but is recaptured and taken to the emporer)

Thats 13 dungeons! Not bad, if we could get some skilled dungeon makers on board it has lots of potential.

Weapons could include

Lightsaber blue - rubish really, same as wooden sword

Lightsaber blue II - no differenece just slightly stronger, could recieve this in empire strikes back.

Lightsaber Green - Ability to shoot "lasers" back (shoooting swords ability) much stronger than blue one

Purple saber? - Secret one found in dungeon? Perhaps on jedi temple level only accisble after defeating emporer palpatine? Ultimate saber, most powerful one.

Blaster 1 set for stun - boomerang
Blaster 2 set for kill - arrows
turbo laser - light arrows?

Grappeling hook - hookshot, used to traverse distances such as death star gap

im at a loss for the rest of the items, perhaps force push or something?

Maybe ability to use lightning? Secret ability?

Sprites could be...

Luke IV
Luke V
Luke VI
Storm Trooper variations
han
chewie
leia - variations
ben
vader
yoda
Lando
Lobot
Boba
Imperial Officers
bounty hunters
imperial guard
sand people
Artoo
threepio
Tarkin
snow troopers
owen
beru
ewok
various other alien inhabitants
various other droids
ghots ben
anakin skywalker
palpatine hologram
ben and vader dueling simple animation sprite for sue on death star
emporer palapatine statues
emporer
jabba
bib fortuna
han carbonite
rebels
xwing - raft
ligtsaber
blaster shot

hew that was a lot, i might add more later, feel free to expand on this.

Zelda_Warrior
06-20-2005, 12:55 AM
wow thanks for some ideas ive gotten started on the quest and im working on Tatooine. I started it there since A New Hope starts there and the quest is episodes 4-6. I have you play as Luke and you an go to any planet that is even mentioned in ANY of teh movies. I can do the quest but i'm wondering:

Can anybody help me draw some Star Wars tiles? (Characters and spaceships)
I'm not very good at making tiles so i'm just asking for help. Thnx.

SomUnknown
06-20-2005, 05:22 AM
If you can find it (through perfectly legal means of course), use tiles from Yoda Stories it was on the GBC and PC. They should work well with ZC.

Spudnickator
06-20-2005, 01:24 PM
you could make a joint quest, that way it could be done quicker, and stand out more.

DJM
06-20-2005, 01:34 PM
I would be up for a joint quest. I have exams this week but after this week ill have months of free time.

I would definately be interested in doing some of the tiles, mainly character sprites.

PS should this not be in the quest discussion thread?

Link of hyrule
06-20-2005, 01:34 PM
can i ask someone a question please and can u email me?? my email address is [email protected]

i wanted to ask u. how do u make yer own zelda game ?? what do u need 4 it what do u click. please if its not to hard or u have a few minutes please email me and tell me

VEL
06-20-2005, 02:57 PM
--Moved to Quest Announcement/Discussion--

Zelda_Warrior
06-20-2005, 03:10 PM
yeah i guess this would do better in quest discussion...

anyways, I have decided to make this into a group quest. I need the following people:

1. Somebody to help make Hoth
2. Somebody to help with tiles (This includes ripping, recoloring, and taking a picture of them in ZC and sending them to me, and also hand-drawing some of them)
3. I'm gonna need help with Bespin since a lot happens there...
4. Somebody to help with a custom boss for Dagaboh (Hope i spelled it right...)
5. Somebody to help with music. (This includes finding the music and looping it well. I will also need somebody to help with editing the .sfx data)

if your interested PM me, and ill PM you back telling you more about what you want to do. I will put credits in the readme, and in the QDB entry once the quest is done. By the way, I am about 1/4 the way done with Tatooine...

Ill keep everyone updated in this thread about the quest.

Dsrpaegnosner
06-20-2005, 05:53 PM
OOOOOH... Sounds like fun!

I'll be a Beta tester!!!!

And maybe one quest per episode???

Zelda_Warrior
06-20-2005, 06:04 PM
hm... yeah i forgot about beta testers... well anyways i'm only doing 1 star wars quest and its for A new hope, the empire strikes back, and the return of the jedi, but you could make another one... Yeah you could be a beta tester though.

zeldafannick
06-20-2005, 11:06 PM
My best thread creation yet...um,anyway...Zelda Warrior,I can try to help with finding the music.AND I just had a great idea.PLEASE READ THIS!!!! This quest will be hard and long and tedious,but I just thought of a good idea.You know the chat room at PureZC.com? Well,I am going to try to make one of those.It will be strictly for this starwars quest and maybe,if I get requests,for many other group quests.I will post an update in a bit.

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 12:24 AM
alright whatever... anyways... The quest got deleted and i had to start over but i was only at canatine or whatever that tatooine space port is, but i restarted and just finished Lar's home area (again). The quest starts when Lars buys the C-3PO and RD-2D droids, and you are Luke and have to bring them back into the house for maintinince. I have a 2 'cutscenes' here so the player can learn the star wars storyline while playing the quest, and there will be many more cutscenes. I plan this to be a big quest, but I work fast so excpect a public beta in about a week. (Wow, i've never seen anybody with only 30 posts start such a big discussion. 0_o)

DJM
06-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Cut scenes? WOOO! Sounds great.

I'm working on some hand drawn tiles, I dont like to rip things, I am mor epartial to a more orginal approach.

Anyway, I'm working on Luke, Leia and The Droids

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 03:03 PM
cool, this is going to be great.

Zeldafanfick youre just a bit too excited...

PLEASE READ THIS!!!! This quest will be hard and long and tedious,but I just thought of a good idea.

and...

I just thought of the COOLEST thing.MAKE A GENERAL GREVOUS TILE!!

not to mention...

If you are making a starwars quest or have ideas for one,then post here!

Anyways, I tried drawing tiles myself and they look hideous, so thnx DJM. (Although I did draw the metal towers thignys at Lar's home area myself.)

Spots for the group quest taken:

1. Tile person (DJM)
2. Music dude (zeldafanfick)
3. beta tester (Dsrpaegnosner)

Alright then, i'm working on the sand dunes right now...

Love For Fire
06-21-2005, 03:06 PM
This sounds pretty cool... I would like to see a Star Wars quest out here eventually. If needed, I could help by making a few dungeons for you guys... I'm no good with making Tiles, or Overworlds though. Tell me if you're interested.

(If anyone would like to see my dungeon style, try the 3 in my demo.)

DJM
06-21-2005, 03:23 PM
OK Ive got half of lukes animations done, 4 lightsabers, ghost ben, ben, ben igniting saber animation.

Shall i post a couple of samples?

Edit: I've also done some heart containers, and an emporer sprite

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 03:23 PM
wow your pretty good... Hey, would you like to help with an ice cave (its a dungeon) that's on Hoth? It's just a cave covered with ice, I can put the boss in, since its going to be custom.

EDIT: Wow you work fast. Yes, please post them. Also, does ben have animations? Right, now, i have been making the quest with the regular zelda tiles, but i will replace them with the star wars tiles. Also, if you havent already done so, please make tiles with the pure tileset.

DJM
06-21-2005, 03:38 PM
wow your pretty good... Hey, would you like to help with an ice cave (its a dungeon) that's on Hoth? It's just a cave covered with ice, I can put the boss in, since its going to be custom.

EDIT: Wow you work fast. Yes, please post them. Also, does ben have animations? Right, now, i have been making the quest with the regular zelda tiles, but i will replace them with the star wars tiles. Also, if you havent already done so, please make tiles with the pure tileset.

Right, Ive made no overworld tiles, but have been using the gameboy tileset which is pretty simmilar for people.

Some: of the sprites I have based on current simmilar looking sprites, apart form ben, whom was done completely from stractch.

Will post soon..

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 03:41 PM
alright, i dont mean overworlsd tiles i do not want overworld tiles for the most part. Just people, weapons, ships, planets, etc.

EDIT: If you've ben using the gameboy tileset i will need to recolor them, thats why i want you to make them in the pure tileset because thats what im using

DJM
06-21-2005, 03:50 PM
http://img84.echo.cx/img84/1386/benicons0gg.th.jpg (http://img84.echo.cx/my.php?image=benicons0gg.jpg)

A few ben animations

http://img84.echo.cx/img84/4762/lightsabers4jf.th.jpg (http://img84.echo.cx/my.php?image=lightsabers4jf.jpg)

lightsabers, blue unskilled, blue skilled, green, red

http://img84.echo.cx/img84/8360/luke10qa.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

luke reveives saber

http://img84.echo.cx/img84/8958/luke23dc.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

GO LUKE! With ben and palpatine variations, im nto happy with palps and will extensively change him, and i also do not know how to get rid of ther pink backgrounds. Ben is also in slighty wrong colours in this pic, take no notice.

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 03:58 PM
dont worry about the pink stuff i will put them on layers to get rid of it. thnx.

DJM
06-21-2005, 04:00 PM
alright, i dont mean overworlsd tiles i do not want overworld tiles for the most part. Just people, weapons, ships, planets, etc.

EDIT: If you've ben using the gameboy tileset i will need to recolor them, thats why i want you to make them in the pure tileset because thats what im using

Meh, thats not problem, most of my colours are shit anyway, lukes too blonde.

DJM
06-21-2005, 04:02 PM
dont worry about the pink stuff i will put them on layers to get rid of it. thnx.

They look ok though?

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 04:05 PM
yes they are excepitinal, much better than i can do. thnx. I'll replace the tiles with the ones i have, finish up the sand dunes, and release you a beta to see how im doing. Also, dont double post. :)

DJM
06-21-2005, 04:08 PM
My mistake, you specified in the pm planets and the deathstar, what size you want them?

What size xwing? I could do it in proportion to lukes sprite.

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 04:19 PM
The X-wing needs to be 2 tiles long and 1 tiles wide, and there needs to be another x-wing that's only 1 tile big. The planets need to be 4 tiles big, and the death star should have a far off veiw thats 1 tile big and a close up veiw thats 4 big, and a VERY clsoe up veiw thats 9 tiles big. Also, when i try to rip the tiels into my quest, they get badly discolored no matter what i savr them as. I cant even tell what they are.

EDIT: Without the tiles, i can go no further.

DJM
06-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Finished Xwing

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 05:01 PM
good, but i still cant get the tiles to grab right, they are BADLYU discolored no matter what i save them as.

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Hey DGM, go into the Zquest editor and run it in fullscreen, go into Quest>Graphics>Tiles, find the screen with your tiles and re-take the pictures of ALL the tiles you have done, even the ones you already posted, and re-post them.

EDIT: This will fix my color issues.

DJM
06-21-2005, 05:32 PM
OH you were refering to my tiles?!

WHy dont i send you the quest and you can inport them from there?

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 05:36 PM
alright, send them soon. I also need some droid tilwes of R2 and C3po quick.

DJM
06-21-2005, 07:03 PM
I sent you an email of the tiles. AND tried adding you over msn.

I have two basic droids with NO animations, you didn't specify. I'm goignt o wind down on the tiles after tonight, I have a final examination on friday and will spend the next few days revising. Sorry.

Hope I made enought you keep you busy.

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 07:04 PM
DJM, i imported the tileset and it's still discolored, not badly, and i know thi will happen, but i dont know what to color them back. This is ehy i wanted you to edit in the pure tileset. Can you import pallettes? Alos, what tileset did you edit this in?

DJM
06-21-2005, 07:30 PM
I could export the pallete I used if that would help.

Tileset used is same in the 2.10 test quest. I dont know what it is called.

Zelda_Warrior
06-21-2005, 08:09 PM
alright, thats called newfirst. oh yeah, i need the pallete 2.

EDIT: WTH are the Xwing tiles? I don't see them...

DJM
06-22-2005, 02:36 PM
alright, thats called newfirst. oh yeah, i need the pallete 2.

EDIT: WTH are the Xwing tiles? I don't see them...

Toawards the bottom,keep going down, It should be there somewhere.

Zelda_Warrior
06-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh yeah, something is gonna need to be done. I'm making the quest with the pure tileset. No biggy. Now, you made the tiles with 2.10 test tiles. No biggy. BUT, when i import the tiles into zc, they are badly discolored. Something is gonna need to be done. Either i re-do the quest, or you re-do the tiles. Neither of us is going to want to re-do the already done, but if this isn't done then im gonna need to edit the palette, but the puretileset already has all of the pallettes full. Does anybody have any other ideas?

DJM
06-23-2005, 06:16 AM
Oh yeah, something is gonna need to be done. I'm making the quest with the pure tileset. No biggy. Now, you made the tiles with 2.10 test tiles. No biggy. BUT, when i import the tiles into zc, they are badly discolored. Something is gonna need to be done. Either i re-do the quest, or you re-do the tiles. Neither of us is going to want to re-do the already done, but if this isn't done then im gonna need to edit the palette, but the puretileset already has all of the pallettes full. Does anybody have any other ideas?

Well I guess I could redo the tiles. I havn't done many. IT would be an opputunity to make them better as well.

Zelda_Warrior
06-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Well I guess I could redo the tiles. I havn't done many. IT would be an opputunity to make them better as well.

Well, it's more about what took longer, the quest or the tiles? I know nobody wants to redo it, but the colors are so fucked up it's not even funny, and the pure tileset's main palette colors that sprite use shouldn't be fucked around with, because I tried it already and it looked like total shit.

BTW, I was looking at the tiles you made, and all I have to say is...WOW! Those Xwing tiles are awsome! How'd you do it?

Whatever, I haven't done any work on the quest today yet since I don't want to go any farther since I need some character sprites otherwise i'll have to take another week to replace the ones already there.

Spudnickator
06-24-2005, 11:47 AM
could i be a beta tester? i might of asked to late though:(

DJM
06-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Ahh, I can't do these tiles. I will start them tommorrow when i have proper referance to photos ect

Also, do you want varioations of luke, i know you can change the sprites slightly by changing shields ect but would it be possible to change the whole sprite. I see animations for different links but no walking up animation. What di I do?

Yeah I liked the Xwing too, I ttok my time on it and had a picture there to look at. However I'll have to do it all over again now.

I'm seatting myself a deadline, all custom tiles for lukes house, homestead and sand dunes done by next week.

looney linklord
06-24-2005, 02:14 PM
could i be a beta tester? i might of asked to late though:(

how do you even become a beta tester

Zelda_Warrior
06-24-2005, 04:07 PM
how do you even become a beta tester

You ask to become a beta tester for the quest. Duh...

Spudnikator, your wrong about being too late to become a beta tester, but I already have one, and I only need one. It's called me, my own beta tester. (DJM has kind of helped, but he's more of a tile person.)

DJM, forget about the tile requests I have made earlier. Let's start all over. I'll PM you more about what I mean in about 10 minutes...

BTW, expect a public beta a hell of a long time from now, the quest ain't even off the ground yet. (J/K, probably once Tatooine is done, about half a month.)

zeldafannick
06-24-2005, 06:01 PM
ok,zelda warrior,I'm calm now.Also,give me an idea of the music you want.Do you want music from VGmusic.com or what?Just let me know soon. Right now,I am looking for cantina music.I will give you the link once I have found some music.

Everybody else,if you need me to do something let me know.And about the chat thing I was talking about earlier?Forget it.I will be on the Zelda Classic PureZC.com chat periodically.

Zelda_Warrior
06-24-2005, 06:42 PM
I never go into PureZC anyways, except for tiles and quests...

What you should get first:

1. Cantina music
2. Mos Eisly (Possibility of a Cantina remix)
3. Main theme
4. Some Star Wars sound effects. (In .wav format. Ex. Saber sound efect. Must be a very short sound, not the sound of holding a saber out but the sound of slashing a saber. This will be the noise it makes when you slash the saber.)

BTW, I would like you to get music form VGmusic, but also get some from other sites as well.

Off-topic: (W00t I got an original Legend Of Zelda gold cart edition with the slip-case, original packaging, and a hint sheet for only $4.00 at a garage sale!)

drummer_dude
06-25-2005, 08:50 PM
I can be a beta tester, and for a Dagobah boss, a Dark Luke, that is what they say happens on the Star Wars website, that he goes into a Dagobah cave and fights himself.

Zelda_Warrior
06-25-2005, 10:50 PM
OMG I SAID NO BETA TESTERS EXCEPT FOR ME AND Dsrpaegnosner! THE QUEST ISNT EVEN REALLY FAR ENOUGH TO BETA TEST YET ANYWAYS! So stop asking! BTW, I haven't even really gotton much of a start with A New Hope, so i'm not worring about what happens on Dagobah, that's in The Empire Strikes Back.

DJM
06-26-2005, 10:35 AM
OK Tiles working on:

Luke
Droids
Owen
Jawa
Sandcrawler
Lars sand Igloo
Power generator things outside
Sky
Horizon
Binary Sunset

Thats enough to produce a pretty convincing Lars Homestead

Not working on Lightsaber Animations as they prob shouldn't even be used untill ESB. I think Bens should give luke anakins saber but instead of it bieng an actual "sword" it should just be a useles icon, then when luke obatins his saber back in the ice cave its actually the wooden sword.

Weapons in ANH should probably just be:

Blaster Stun (?)
Blaster (?)
Cable (hookshot)

ect

Brasel
06-26-2005, 11:38 AM
I can be a beta tester, and for a Dagobah boss, a Dark Luke, that is what they say happens on the Star Wars website, that he goes into a Dagobah cave and fights himself.
Haven't you ever seen Star Wars? When he fights himself, its Darth Vader, but when his mask comes off, you see Luke's face.

Zelda_Warrior
06-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Oh yeah... I also need some sand people tiles because lars buys the droids from them. also, since you pick up Han Solo ill need him, but all i need is what you posted and what i posted.

Zelda_Warrior
06-26-2005, 12:20 PM
no, DJM you need to work on saber animations because ill shows a small cutscene when ben fights vader. You'll also see sabers in other places, too. I'll also need Han Solo tiles, and sand people tiles as well, sinc lars buys the drioids from the sand people. (Is that right??!!)

EDIT: Umm.. Sorry, my firefox broswer is acting fucky. I tried to edit my other post since i worded it bad, and it lagged and made me hit 'reply' instead of 'edit' and i didnt know it so thats why i double posted. SRY!

zeldafannick
06-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Bingo.I found a site with lots of Star Wars sound effects.
http://www.blueharvest.net/sound/
They have TONS of stuff.Theres a 9 second starwars intro theme exerpt,spoofs( like Y.O.D.A instead of Y.M.C.A),and many other sound effects.For example,you know the Jabas in a new hope?The guys with hoods and basically no face?They have a recording of them saying uttini.

AND YES!! I found a cantina remix! scroll down to star wars spoof songs.It will say cantina song.Judt check it out and let me know if you don't find everything in that site.

p.s. it also has the Apex Twin Star Wars remix.It sounds cool,so i recommend downloading it.Up to u wether u put it in the quest or not.

Zelda_Warrior
06-26-2005, 01:11 PM
thanks for finding these midis!BTW, does anybody know why grabber-w won't open when i click on it?

zeldafannick
06-26-2005, 01:24 PM
im sorry,this has very little to do with the quest,but i just had to mention this.go to the site i mentioned earlier,go down to spoof songs and click on star wars cantina/copa cabana.it is FUNNY! especially if you have heard barry manilows copa cabana...with a danish on each ear...

anyway,zelda warrior,sorry it took me so long to find them,but you are welcome.

Zelda_Warrior
06-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Off-topic: Why does your signiture say your quest has a seord-gettiong dungeon? What's a sword-getting dungeon? BTW, lol, that was funny

On-topic: I'm not going to have all star wars music in the quest, just most of it is. Also, does anybody know where they go once they get off of the Death Star? (The time that the gravitational thingy pulled them in.)

zeldafannick
06-26-2005, 01:47 PM
off-topic:it means at the start of the game,you don't have a sword,so you must use bombs or something to get through a dungeon which contains a wooden sword at the end.THAT is what a sword getting dungeon is.
Yea starwars cantina is pretty funny,huh?...her name was leia...with a danish on each ear...to have a drink with han at the starwars..starwars cantina..ahem,im done now.
on topic:They go inside the death star to...um...i dont know.I rented episodes 4 and 5 recently,so let me go check.

EDIT:basically just a hangar.nothing much.o yea and will that cantina song do for the cantina music?(not star wars cantina,just cantina song)

EDIT 2:ya know,its kinda off topic,but maybe someone could check out my forum?I have a forum,but it is EMPTY.There is ONE MEMBER(besides me) so if ya want,go to:http://mycoolboard.proboards43.com/index.cgi

Zelda_Warrior
06-26-2005, 03:30 PM
off-topic: why would anybody want to use proboards? invisionfree is better. But of course thats your choice. Maybe ther's a reason you use proboards.. (BTW, i dont mean to be mean or anything, but those colors suck at your boards. White and black? come on!)

on-topic: There will be the first public beta open in 7 days.

drummer_dude
06-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Yes!!! I can't wait till the beta. Hopefully I'll have v 2.10 of Zquest or whatever by then. ;)

Revfan9
06-26-2005, 08:45 PM
I just finished the Darth Vader custom boss, it's very easy to defeat if you notice it's attack pattern, Now I just need to get the Pure tileset so it will fit into your other tiles.

zeldafannick
06-26-2005, 09:20 PM
zelda warrior:

Off-topic: They were the first board hosting company i came across.Ok,my forum is officially dead.

On-topic:yes the demo will be up soon.It IS a demo,right?or is it the full thing?
Also,I have an idea.You should give EVERYONE that worked on this quest a password to the quest or a cheat or something as thanks.or not.your choice.

Zelda_Warrior
06-26-2005, 10:51 PM
zeldafanfik: ill give them the cheats, yes, but i'm a bit iffy on the password thing...

zeldafanfik: Why the hell would it be the final version? I;ve only worked on the quwest for 6 days and you expect me to be done already??!!

Revfan9: wow, you work fast. I just hope it's quality. Remember you have a long time to finish the boss if you fell the need to change it.

Minish Link
06-27-2005, 08:47 AM
what do you need help with? i can be a beta tester

zeldafannick
06-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Minish Link:Nothing that I can think of.

Zeldawarrior:Yes a demo is what i thought but i was just making sure.and i can see why you are a little iffy on the password.

Minish Link
06-27-2005, 12:28 PM
are you sure?

zeldafannick
06-27-2005, 12:36 PM
minish link,im not in charge of this quest.Zelda Warrior is.Ask him.

Zelda_Warrior
06-27-2005, 01:36 PM
i dont need beta testers. I have myself, and Dsrpaegnosner, although Dsrpaegnosner is never on. Also, Zeldafanfik is helpnig with music, DJM is helping with tiles, i'm also actually maknig the quest, and then Revfan9 is helping with custom bosses. Why does everyone keep asking to be a beta tester? Oh well. I guess they don't read every post. BTW, minish link, you can help me do something else if you have an idea. Otherwise you can help me make hoth or bespin.

Praethus
06-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Just for clarification: Lars did not buy the droids from Sand People. Sand People are Tusken Raiders. They attack Luke, and Ben scares them off. The aliens that Lars buys from are Jawas. After they escape the Death Star they go to Yavin 4. For any other information relating to the storyline feel free to PM me.

Zelda_Warrior
06-27-2005, 02:08 PM
i know, i thought that sounded fucked up, buying stuff from sand people, but hey, they kind of look like them. They are Jawas. DJM told me my mistake.

zeldafannick
06-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Zelda warrior,did you get all the music you needed? I can always find more...

Offtopic: Do a google search for Chicken Invaders.It is a funny game.Aliens are replaced by chickens,they shoot eggs,and when you shoot a chicken,it turns into a drumstick! Funny,huh?

Zelda_Warrior
06-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I found a very good blaster sound effect there that it will sound like when you shoot your blaster. Also, no, that isn't enough music.

BTW, what's a joint quest?

zeldafannick
06-28-2005, 06:31 PM
a quest with more that one person working on it,I think.
what other sound effects/BGM do you need?Let me know and I will find it.

p.s. for all of you who don't know what BGM is,its BackGround Music.

offtopic: I am just starting to learn a programming language called Blitz Basic.It is pretty easy.Google it to find out more info.

Zelda_Warrior
06-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Well, i need lightsaber efects (short), and maybe the sound of a storm trooper saying something. I also need the sound of Leia saysing "Your'e our last hope, Obi-Wan Kenobi" I know it's out there on the net because i saw on a website but i had a network droupout and lost connection and forgot the url so i never did see it again...

zeldafannick
06-28-2005, 11:46 PM
lets see here...I think I found the help me obi-wan thing...nope,but these might be useful:
http://www.moviesounds.com/starwars.html

lots of quotes and stuff,including some you might find useful,such as Darth Vader saying,"I have you now!" (use when you fight him?) and Obi-Wan/Ben Kenobi tricking the storm troopers at Mois Eisly.If you have a sound editing program,then you could take the other stuff out to where it just says "Move along,move along...".Actually,I will try that right now.Before you scroll down to the leia section,however,I must tell you that ALL LEIA LINKS ARE BROKEN.You can still try it,though.

Now,lets see if I can find a lightsaber sound and a DIFFERENT leia link...What's this....Try this link for the lightsaber sound:
http://www.meanrabbit.com/wavs10325/litsaber.zip

As for Leia...Well....I will post again when I have something.

Zelda_Warrior
06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
wow that music will DEFINATLEY help me... I still need mor saber sounds and a jawa sound...

BTW, i looked up Bitz and im using it. I like it.

zeldafannick
06-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Offtopic: pretty easy language to learn,huh?I have yet to program my first game with it because I bought a book about it and I am a little over halfway through it.I will post a link when I have made my first game.

Ontopic:You know when I said that I would try to edit the music yesterday?Forget it.I can't edit music.Period.As for the sounds....You say you need more lightsaber sounds?Do you have a sound editor?If so,then edit out the parts in that lightsaber sound I found into individual sounds.

what kind of Jawa sounds?One word or a bunch of sounds?If you go back to that Blue Harvest site,they have a jawa saying,"Utini!".If you need more that that one,let me know.

I am STILL looking for a leia sound.I found a link to a site with one,but the site is suspected of phishing,so it wouldn't let me go to it.I will keep trying,though.

p.s. just kinda curious about this...how old are you,Zelda warrior?I am 14 1/2.

Minish Link
06-30-2005, 11:18 AM
i can help with endor

Zelda_Warrior
06-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Off-topic: I'm 15 1/2 lol... why did u tack 1/2 onto the end of your age? all the little kids i know do that. I only did it since u did...

Also, I used the walkthrough and the user reference and fiddling around in Blitz to figure out the program...

Are u and me always gonna put on-topic's and off-topic's in out posts?

On-topic: Yes, I need more Jawa sounds. BTW, why can't u edit the sounds?

DJM
06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Woah I'm prehistoic! I'm 18.

Minish Link
06-30-2005, 05:03 PM
zelda warrior: i can help with endor's moon.

Zelda_Warrior
06-30-2005, 06:29 PM
isnt it endor and not the moon though? tell me more about this it was a long itmte since i watched Return Of The Jedi...

Minish Link
07-02-2005, 09:25 AM
endor is a moon who's planet disappeared somehow

Zelda_Warrior
07-02-2005, 01:19 PM
is the sheild generator on endor or do the ewoks live there? or is it both?

zeldafannick
07-02-2005, 09:32 PM
I don't know how to edit the sounds.I only put 14 1/2 because my b-day is in november,so i really am 14 1/2.

BTW,I will be gone Mon.-Thu. due to vacation stuff.

I watched ROTJ a few days ago,and BOTH the shield generator and the Ewoks are there.

P.S I forgot...when is the demo coming out,ZW?

Zelda_Warrior
07-02-2005, 11:44 PM
i hope to get it out July 5th, but since i can't get ahold of DJM, it might not be until July 8th...

Could anybody help me get ahold of DJM some way? this is getting out of hand.

zeldafannick
07-03-2005, 01:16 PM
I know a few ways,but what do you need him for?Try these:

1.pm
2.email
3.im(if you know his)
2.put up a new thread entitled DJM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or something.

Thats all I got.

Offtopic:I might be buying that Blitz Basic Program soon...

Mugen
07-05-2005, 12:09 PM
I can help edit sounds if you need somebody. I do it pretty often when I'm mixing music with Acid

Zelda_Warrior
07-05-2005, 04:30 PM
BTW, I'm not taking any more requests on help on the quest unless i really need it. Mugen, can you help edit some of the lightsabers sounds to make them shorter?

I need to get ahold of DJM so i can get the damn star wars tiles. I haven't worked on the quest in a week and a half since i dont have the tiles. I was supposed to release a beta today...

Zeldafanfick, i tried all of those ways to contatc him but i cant get ahold of him.

dvader654
07-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Im a huge Star Wars fan so I know the universe in and out, from the movies to the EU. If you ever have a question on story or any Star Wars info, just ask me.

Also I would love to test the game.

Minish Link
07-05-2005, 08:34 PM
i need a darth vader monster and storm trooper monster tiles

Zelda_Warrior
07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
no you don't. just draw the quest using any tiles and i'll replace them with the star wars tiles when it is finished.

King Aquamentus
07-10-2005, 07:59 PM
I remember thinking of the possibility of a star wars quest a long time ago... only problem is, I got worried George Lucas would sue... Good luck to you.

zeldafannick
07-11-2005, 09:14 PM
nope,im not dead after all.I just havent gotten around to this site lately,that's all...
ZW,do you need any more sounds? And what do you need DJM for anyway?

Offtopic:Please take a look at my site.It doesn't have much right now,but it will soon.
http://free.hostdepartment.com/n/nickssite/index.html

EDIT:so much offtopic stuff....anyway,im trying out that invision free place,ZW.

also,if you want to see a funny movie,go to freeaddictinggames.com,then flash movies,then star wars galaxies.kinda funny.

Zelda_Warrior
07-12-2005, 09:48 AM
I need DJM for the tiles. I havent worked on the quest for a LOOONG time because I need the star wars tiles...He's my msn contact and he's never on....maybe he went on a long trip or something...This quest won't even have a beta don't for anothetr week and a half if I don't get ahold of him...

IDEA!

Hey, can somebody get ahold of DJM for me? I need somebody to contact DJM, get the tiles, and give them to me. Anybody who wants to help with this can.

Minish Link
07-17-2005, 03:42 PM
should i make ewok tiles?

Minish Link
07-18-2005, 09:39 AM
hey look at the pictures i can make
:bluemage: :timemage: :summoner: :darkmage: :whitemage :blackmage

Zelda_Warrior
07-18-2005, 05:24 PM
no minish link, you dont have to make ANY tiles. Just build it however you want, with any random music or tiles, and i'll replace all that shit wityh my star wars stuff. When I re-make it, it'll be the same layout and stuff, so don't worry, your wokr won't bw wasted...

An official open beta release date has ben scheduled to July 21, 2005. Date is NOT subject to change. (lol)

In the beta, the areas include:

1. Lars's home area
2. Sand Dunes
3. Mos Eisly
4. Cantina

The beta's total play time will be 15:00. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Minish Link: Lol. Btw, don't double post.

dvader654
07-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Alright we get the demo later this week. This is my most anticipated quest so don't let me down ;) .

Minish Link
07-18-2005, 09:02 PM
sry i didn't know

rocknroll
07-18-2005, 11:27 PM
hey i know this idea is a stretch, but maybe there could be a second quest alltogether that spans episodes 1-3, and you could be obi wan or anikin (though it would be stupid to play as a little kid at the beginning). idk, just thought id throw it in there. it could take awhile, but i thought it could be cool to do after the episode 4-6 one is completed.

p.s. i have no idea whatsoever how to make a quest, i just got the game, but i can help with music or just ideas if needed

Zelda_Warrior
07-19-2005, 12:30 AM
THE GROUP QUEST IS OFFICIALY CLOSED!

I'm sorry, but nobody else will b e helping. I have already filled in all of hte positions. The poeple that are gonig to help ae:

Me - Actually make the majority of the quest
zendafanfick - Music man
DJM - Tile person (Where the hell is he?)
Dsrpeanger - Beta tester (Sorry I haven't gotten you started! I've just been so busy making the quest in ZC! Btw, I have no clue how to spell youre name. ^_^)

Minish Link
07-20-2005, 08:58 AM
could i use the Custom New1st tileset instead? i think it looks better. its the one DarkFlameWolf used for the hidden duality

Mugen
07-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Zelda Warrior, you had asked me to make some quick edits to the lightsaber sounds. I've had those done for a while but haven't been home to send them to you. Do you still need them, and if so how should I send them to you?

Zelda_Warrior
07-21-2005, 11:01 AM
You could e-mail them to me. Do NOT e-mail it to the e-mail address in my profile.

Mugen
07-21-2005, 02:38 PM
what e-mail address should I send it to?

Zelda_Warrior
07-29-2005, 02:56 PM
NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMG THERE'S A NEW POSITION IN THE GROUP OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official. DJM is gone. I'm gonna forget about him. I need to get going on the quest. What i'm asking is:

Since I am removing DJM from the group, I need somebody to draw tiles. Does anybody want to help?

I would've had a beta out long ago but since DJM left I couldn't finish...

Dsrpaegnosner
07-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Ciao! Just wanted to let you all know I am alive and regularly checking this forum. I would love to help with the tiles... but I i suck at that part... Btw, if your having trouble spelling my name just abbreviate it with S or DS or something like that.

Zelda_Warrior
07-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Oh btw DS sorry that you haven't even beta tested anything yet but the quest was about to go under for awhile there. I didn't want the quest to die so I was practicly stalking DJM, but even then he didn't reply.

linka
08-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Wow! this sounds really cool!!! I love StarWars so this would be so cool!:cool:

Dsrpaegnosner
08-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Hey! I just had an idea. Zelda Warrior, you can send me the the quest now, I can test it and get back to you and when you get the tiles you can just replace the old ones. That way your doing something and if something really big comes up you'll have time to fix it. You could probably do the whole quest that way. After you get the Star Wars tiles in I can test it again to work out all the bugs. I don't know, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Also I should mention I'll be camping for the next week, so after today I won't get anything you send me. Ciao!

Zelda_Warrior
08-07-2005, 11:59 PM
DS-I'm going to fix some gameplay issues and finish up Tatooine then i'l send you a pre-beta tomorrow. (I know, I didn't work on it for one month but now i'll work on it more.)

Mugen-Could you host the edited saber sounds into filespace and then link to it here? Because when I go into the e-mail you sent me, when I click on the attachment it plays it but it dosen't dowmload it. Sorry for the trouble though.

I've gotten some ideas and stuff so now i'll be worknig on this quest a lot so i'll pick up the pace.

I'll have screenies once I get some Star-Wars tiles.

Minish Link
08-08-2005, 12:40 PM
i need more time to work on endor i'v done nothing i havent had axcess to my computer sry :(

Zelda_Warrior
08-08-2005, 02:09 PM
It dosen't matter you still got the better of 1 month until I'll need Endor.

Minish Link
08-08-2005, 02:19 PM
that sucks :mad:

Zelda_Warrior
08-08-2005, 03:27 PM
I might even be able to give you more time for all you know, it depends on how long I take on the rest of the quest.

Dsrpaegnosner
08-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Pre-beta... I don't know why but I like the sound of that... However, I didn't get it if you sent it. Where did you send it?

Zelda_Warrior
08-11-2005, 12:31 PM
I just finished it XDI was off-schedule. I can't do the Sand Dunes though, tell you why later, I have to go now.

Where should I send it?

Dsrpaegnosner
08-11-2005, 01:27 PM
I'll send you an email with my address in it. Ciao!

Zelda_Warrior
08-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Alright, it's sent.

If you didn't already know, is anybody willing to make tiles? I don't know where the hell DJM is so he's not helping anymore. I'll post this in Developer Exchange...

Mugen
08-14-2005, 03:24 PM
ZW, seems like filespace is down or something cuz I can't get onto their site. I'm trying as I'm typing this post, so there ain't nothing wrong with my computer. I'll put it up whenever filespace is running again.

Zelda_Warrior
08-14-2005, 04:30 PM
That's good.

Does anybody know why, when I double click on grabber-w.exe mothign happens? I want to edit the sfx.dat but I need this in order to do it. Any help?

Dsrpaegnosner
08-16-2005, 11:59 AM
:odd: Is the beta only supposed to use three rooms?!?

'Cause it did. :scared:

Zelda_Warrior
08-19-2005, 03:08 PM
It's bigger than that, plus that's not a full beta, I said The Sand Dunes and part of Mos Eisly dissapeared.

You should be able to get to the first screen of the Sand Dunes though.

Dsrpaegnosner
08-22-2005, 03:31 PM
I cant get any farther than the second cut scene where r2 shows luke the hologram and lars walks in. Link is in the upper left hand corner and you can make him run in place. like this.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/Dsrpaegnosner/zelda012.jpg

see?

Zelda_Warrior
08-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Oh, I gave you the buggy version, my bad, i'll re-send it.

Btw, I might have to cancel the quest if nobody will help with tiles, my tiles look horrid.

Godammit you're gonna have to tell me where to send it to first I deleted the e-mail with your address.

ShadowTiger
08-22-2005, 06:20 PM
I cant get any farther than the second cut scene where r2 shows luke the hologram and lars walks in. Link is in the upper left hand corner and you can make him run in place. like this.

see?
Go to that screen in ZQuest. Press Pagedown or pageup until you see the panel with 5 "icons." Place the green and blue ones where you want Link to appear if he were suddenly warped into that room. Link won't appear in the corner in that room again.

Zelda_Warrior
08-22-2005, 07:46 PM
0_o...?

I knew that, lol

I still need to send you the fixed version, I had two versions but accidently sent you the wrong one.

Dsrpaegnosner
08-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Alright I sent you the address again. And save it this time. I have a funny idea that this is gonna go on for a long time. Ciao.

I HATE explorer!!!!

Zelda_Warrior
08-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Alright, it's sent, btw, it's pretty buggy, you'll also notice that the sand is brighter and more Tatooine-like in this version, it took a LOT of layering to do this.

Dsrpaegnosner
08-23-2005, 04:08 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:I hate me. :( ZW, I accidentally deleted your e-mail before I grabbed the quest. Could you resend it? Thx.

I also wanted to clarify. The problem is not that link is in the upper left hand corner. The broblem is that I can not continue past the screen I showed you.

"Lars" keeps moving, and you can move Link, in place, but nothing else happens, even after I press all the buttons.

Zelda_Warrior
08-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Wel Link appearing in the upper-left hand corner IS hte problem, the way the screen is set up, Link must be in the proper spot.

Also, Link's supposed to be invisible and have a 'no-subscreen' flag checkd.

It's re-sent.

Dsrpaegnosner
08-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Link appearing in the upper-left hand corner IS hte problem

It is? Will that make it so that I can get past that screen? Because I haven't been able to.

Also, check your PMs.

Zelda_Warrior
08-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Godammit wtf do you need me to RE-SEND it AGAIN for???!!!

Anyways, i'm starting to truly consider quitting the quest, I need tiles, the best I can do is blobs.

Minish Link
09-18-2005, 11:26 AM
my uncle can do the tiles + i found a website that i think it is like filespace, i know it is a lot better than geocities

here is the link 50megs (http://50megs.com)

Zelda_Warrior
09-18-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't need 50megs, I have XT Host which is better anyways and Filespace for other hosting.

Well if you uncle can do the tiles then pm me lol.

Minish Link
09-19-2005, 09:08 AM
I don't need 50megs, I have XT Host which is better anyways and Filespace for other hosting.

what is XT Host?

Zelda_Warrior
09-19-2005, 10:55 AM
You can host .htm files to make a website, or use it to stash your stuff kind of like Filepsace. You get a 10mb limit, so I jsut upload a .htm file that has downloadable stuff in it for me to download, I also host my website there.

Minish Link
09-20-2005, 08:21 AM
You can host .htm files to make a website, or use it to stash your stuff kind of like Filepsace.

cool :D I type my quotes out myself :D

Zelda_Warrior
10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
I really need tiles or something soon lol i might have to cancel the quest if I don't get a mvoe on in the next week.

Thunderkitty
10-24-2005, 06:43 PM
What tiles do ya need?

drkptrs1975
10-26-2005, 04:57 PM
I would like to see it done.

drkptrs1975
10-26-2005, 04:58 PM
How about to have Link be trained as a Jedi, and fight the Sith Lord Gannon.

Thunderkitty
10-26-2005, 06:40 PM
GANON-BANNED! Its Ganon, not GANNON. But he would have to have a make-over so he doesnt look like some pig with a lightsaber.

Dsrpaegnosner
10-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Wow. It's been a while. how's it going? *Echo* (going-ing-ng-g-g-g)

Oh Well. Later.

Minish Link
12-08-2005, 09:05 PM
i can't get anyone to make tiles
my uncle wont do it unless he gets paid