PDA

View Full Version : Any programmers out there?

Dark Nation
06-17-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm just curious as to how many programmers we have here at AGN. Yes, I know this would probably have gone better over in General Discussion, but I'm also looking for people who want to contribute to some third-party, ZC-related projects.

So, how many programmers do we have here that have a lot of free time? Also, what languages do you know?

Aori Radidjiu
06-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Um, I'm learning C right now. And I know a little bit of a varient of Ruby. And I've also read a collage textbook on programming that had some lessons on QBasic. But I have absolutely no experience with programming, besides the example programs from the sources I'm learning it from. Oh, and I'm planning on learning how to use Allegro libraries. But I really don't get as much time on the computer as I would like, because my mom makes me get off the computer when I'm on it for a while (I'm only 13, lol). But I would like to help out with ZC if I'm not too much of a hindrence. I'm pretty smart for my age, though, and I understand a lot of the stuff about programming.

Snipe104
06-18-2005, 09:43 PM
I know a little bit a C. Not much though. I'm learning though.

Solaris_Omega
06-19-2005, 12:07 AM
I know C#, a little of C++, Vb.net, and VB6. I guess i should say that i know alot of C++, as someone has told me most of the Syntax is the same...

Rakki
06-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Well, I don't exactly know much C/++ YET. I've been reading a lot of stuff on mostly C++ lately though, and I've programmed in Graal(I'm sure you've probably heard of it around here, it's like ALttP, only online... and not from Nintendo) before, which, a lot of the functions in that is close to C/++ stuff. Also, I've got a lot of free time, so I can probably learn stuff faster than most others could, since, a lot of them aren't allowed to spend all day on the computer(^_^;). Once I really know how, though, I'd love to help out with ZC. What language(s) is it programmed in, by the way? Also, is there any list of already used global/local variables/arrays/etc. that is available to people programming stuff for ZC? If not, maybe it'd be wise to start putting one together, so two people don't, somehow, end up using the same variable or such?

bigjoe
06-20-2005, 10:17 PM
I have a suggestion on how to find programmers, DN... Try looking for help on communities devoted to Allegro, such as allegro.cc for instance. Im sure theres SOMEONE out there who would enjoy helping out with ZC...

gryxzl
06-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Yo, guys! I am fluent in the inner workings of z80, 6800/6802/6809E/68000 series Assembly as well as MASM for the 80x86 line AND 6502 assembly language. I know BASIC, COBOL, Pascal, LOGO, and ANSI C (K&R version) and am currently updating my skills to include C++/C#, JAVA, HTML, and J++. I have approximately 48 hours of free time I can devote each week. E-mail me @ [email protected] if I may be of assistance.

jman2050
06-21-2005, 05:10 PM
I work primarily with C/C++, though I know some VB and Perl. I also have experience with the Allegro API as well. Do I have free time? Depends on what you want.

If it counts, I am also fluent in 65c816 Assembly language (the one the SNES uses), and am an experienced rom hacker.

Strider1982
06-21-2005, 06:38 PM
I've had several semesters of C++ and Visual Basic. However, it's been a while since I've used either.

texasdex
06-21-2005, 07:02 PM
I am generally comfortable with Java, and have some experience with C++ and a little bit of C.

At risk of getting laughed out of the thread I also know LOGO very well, especially the MSW Logo and LCSI LOGO flavors.