PDA

View Full Version : just had a great idea,but...

zeldafannick
06-16-2005, 10:44 PM
i just thought of something cool,but i have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER about how it can be done or if it even CAN be done.i just thought that if you character started out different,like in Twilight Princess,and changed at a certain time.is there any REMOTE POSSIBILITY?

deathvader
06-21-2005, 06:30 AM
Hmmm. I think that it might be possible to change your Link sprite, but not at anytime you want. It might be possible to change the sprites when Link picks up a ring, but I'm not sure.

Rakki
06-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Well, yeah, that would be possible, to use a tile modifier to change link into the wolf or whatever, once he got a certain item, but that's limited to just a few changes, unless you want to make Link change for every single item he got. I'm not positive if you can use minus in a tile modifier or not though, so it'd either require two sets of Link sprites, or a whole bunch, depending on whether or not you can.

C-Dawg
06-21-2005, 01:17 PM
As I recall, there is a way in the more recent versions of ZC to make Link's sprite vary with any item link picks up. It works through an offset, I believe, so that you tell each item how many tiles it adds to the number ZC shifts down to get the Link sprites.

That is, if the normal link sprites start on Tile 4 and go through 24 or something, an item with an offset of 21 would start them at 25. And you can have each item change him in this fashion, I believe, but you need to worry about multiple items reaching the same place. That is, getting items with offset 20 and 40 would get you to the same place as getting three items with offset 20.

Also, Link's pallette is wholly dependant on what ring he has.

And I dont remember how to enable this feature, it's been awhile. Not even sure it's still implemented. Any more active ZCers wanna answer this..?

-C

Orion
06-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Its possible with 2.10, but not completely functional, if I am not mistaken. To get it to work, you add the offset value to the item data (where you set the sprite and such). However, I don't think that all of Link's animations are covered, such as the sword winging, hammer swinging, etc. I could be wrong on this.

I plan on doing something with the bunny link from ALTTP in my new quest that utilizes LTTP's Light World and Dark World tiles, I just need to draw the bunny sprites.

Rakki
06-21-2005, 07:15 PM
When I said "certain items" I meant, HE has to plan out when he wants Link to change, and then set the change on the item he's got planned to change him, not that only some items can change Link's sprite. Like Orion said, you just have to edit the item data and put in the offset. I wouldn't imagine it changes all of Link's sprites currently, since it's only really been used for changing sheilds, and those disappear whenever you swing something, so...

That reminds me, left and right use the same graphic, just flipped. Wouldn't that, physically, make Link change which hand his sword and shield are in whenever he's facing... right? Eventually I think we should have an actual right Link graphic added, because that would probably also fix the problem of him swinging his sword backwards whenever he's facing right(he swings it from the left to the right, with his left hand, which is awkward).