PDA

View Full Version : Do Your Parents Game?

ShadowTiger
06-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Something utterly astonishing has happened.

My FATHER is playing Deus Ex! :eek:
This is about as shocking as seeing a hamster play DDR. It's possible, but certainly not very likely. We're talking about a person who won't risk installing much of anything on his laptop for risk of ruining the keys. Except he's VERY computer literate.

I really think he's enjoying Deus Ex. He dies so very, very much. He's incompetent around wall-based explosives, (Doesn't seem to remember that the beeping means "You're About To Die. @_@ " ) .. but he's getting there. I keep urging him to play until he reaches the Hong Kong area. I'm afraid he'll see too much of the combat stuff, (I don't think he likes it. :disgust: ) before he gets to Hong Kong.

My mom also used to play Tetris. But we only had it on our ancient 386 machine, so she's simply stopped playing. But she used to totally pwn the game though. It was amazing watching her hammer away at it, holding the keyboard vertically between her chin and belly.

So do your parents have the same interests in gaming that you do? Or do they not game at all? ... Or some cautious mix?

Ganondork
06-15-2005, 01:14 AM
My mom's a total pokemon and sims addict. When I got Emerald, she wuldn't put it down for a month! I can and can't wait for Diamond/Pearl. My dad has no intrest in video gamesthat came out after the days of the atari, but he will play games like atari anthology, namcomuseam, etc.

Rainman
06-15-2005, 01:18 AM
My dad is into the FPS's mostly now. I introduced him to the original Half-Life a couple months ago and he loved it. He's a much different gamer than me. I rambo my way through as much as possible. He's much more patient and takes it slow. Other games he's played Goldeneye and Max Payne. He used to play the original nintendo when we had it too. He was a much better gamer than me at that point. He beat SMB 3 and Zelda among others, I believe. Oh and he was good at Duck Hunt. :P

My mom only plays puzzle games. She's downloaded a few different ones and played them until trial period expires.

Kairyu
06-15-2005, 09:13 AM
My parents don't, but my uncle did for a while. Me and my brother watched him beat the NES Batman and SMB.

MacWeirdo42
06-15-2005, 09:44 AM
My dad introduced me to Doom. That's about it, though, neither of my parents is really much of a gamer (well, except for my dad occasionally plays Donkey Konga every now and then).

ShadowTiger
06-15-2005, 10:45 AM
My dad used to play The Legend Of Zelda for the NES. (This was before his quadruple bypass though.) I think he'd beaten the game several times, in fact. Now, he just plays adventure games like Myst, (And the whole series.) The Secret Of Monkey Island, (Again, whole series.) Syberia 1 & 2, (Giving him 2 for Fathers Day. ^_^ ) and some other adventure games like that. He's played the Fallout series, Septerra Core, and he played FF6 for a few minutes. I think he just doesn't like FPS's. I'm really glad he's sticking with Deus Ex. ^_^ It's just ... so kickarse.

MottZilla
06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
My mom will play puzzle games, like Tetris, Dr. Mario, and I last introduced her to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble which she really likes. My dad however used to play Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 or another model. But after that he never really did much with games or computers. He did once try playing Mario 64, it was funny. ;)

Yoshiman
06-15-2005, 04:48 PM
My parents don't play videogames on a regular basis. Sometimes my dad will play a multiplayer shooter with me and my sisters or something, but we end up handing his rear to him. :p

My mom is interested in the Silent Hill series. She'll sit and watch me play it for a good while. If she misses a part, she'll ask what happened from that point.

Great Warrior
06-16-2005, 07:56 AM
My father likes car races and wrestling games, he used to play NES and SNES games, and my mom plays solitaire, several other card games from time to time.

Axel
06-16-2005, 10:41 AM
My dad loved Legend of Zelda and Link to the Past. You should have seen him when I first downloaded ZC....
Now he's mostly into strategy and sim games. He loves Civilization, Risk, Caesar, and Zeus. Never could get him into Majesty though.

idontknow
06-16-2005, 11:24 AM
My mom only plays the Mario Parties on Gamecube and my dad only plays baseball or football on XBox with my brothers.

Archibaldo
06-16-2005, 11:54 AM
My mom can't play video games to save her life. But my dad likes to play flight simulator games. He even bought like three different joy sticks to use.

Master Ghaleon
06-16-2005, 08:40 PM
My mom used to play Dr.Mario all the time. She would also play Jeopardy and Wheel of Fourtune with me too

Drunken Tiger
06-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Both my parents are computer illiterate.. So thats the best for me... All the computers belongs to me.. :) And by computer illiterate, i mean that they have trouble finding the power button and the concept of a mouse just awes them.. Its really quite funny.. :D

Strider1982
06-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Well, my mom hates video games with a passion and hardly let me or my brother play more than a half hour daily on our NES when we were kids.

My dad actually likes video games, but pretends not to when my mom's around. He's a huge fan of older games like Super Mario Bros.

My grandma is an addict when it comes to Windows card games or Tetris.

slothman
06-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Well decades ago when we were going to get an Atari for Christmas they played it at night.
Now though only games like cards, board games, online or off, and jigsaws, and a few other live games. No FPS's, RPG's, or BBQ's.

Glitch
06-17-2005, 04:22 PM
My mom hates video games and believes they are the root of all evil in children. My dad calls them a waste of time, but I took him to gameworks one time and he was running around like a little kid having a blast! It was quite a sight to see.

mikeron
06-17-2005, 04:44 PM
The last time I saw my dad touch a video game was in 1985, when he picked up an Intelivision. I think he played it a total of about 8 times.

Darth Marsden
06-19-2005, 05:21 PM
My Dad has a couple of old Star Wars games that he never plays but gets irritated when I do, but other then that he hasn't played a computer game in years. My mother, on the other hand, will often play Spider Solitare for hours at a time, often disrupting my pr0n downloads. http://armageddongames.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I also have a few relatives who game. My uncle David is a flight sim fan and often plays with his 8 year old son, while my aunt Sarah enjoys Mist-style games, as well as playing a bunch of kiddie games with her 5 year old son. Isn't it great when kids drag parents into the wonderful world of gaming? http://armageddongames.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Skulkraken
06-22-2005, 03:10 AM
My mom doesn't really play any video games. She tends to stick to card games.

My dad, on the other hand, loves video games.
When I was little, he would play Castlevania III for what seemed like hours, and he introduced me to Super Mario World when we got a SNES.
When we got an N64, he went crazy for The Ocarina of Time. He went and bought Donkey Kong 64 simply to get an Expansion Pak for playing Majora's Mask.
Now that we have a Gamecube, he's .......... still playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. He liked playing Mario Party and loved Skies of Arcadia, but The Legend of Zelda's got him hooked. I'm waiting to see how he reacts when The Twilight Princess is released.

DarkFlameWolf
06-22-2005, 07:21 PM
My parents are anti-gaming. I've had to buy everything I own relating to games. Kinda sucks.