PDA

View Full Version : Top Game>Series and Series<Game

Darth Marsden
06-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Okay, here's one that'll challenge you. Name BOTH your favourite video game to come from a movie or series, and your favourite movie or series to come from a video game. As always, I'll kick it off with my own.

My favourite game to movie/series : Street Fighter (The movie with Jean Claude Van Damme). Hear me out. This film is really enjoyable IF: You get yourself a few brews and a couple of hot dogs. Next, get shot into space. Then, build yourself a couple of robots. Finally, have a mad scientist (or his mother) make you watch it. Hey presto!

Seriously: The Sonic SatAM cartoon. Cruelly cut down in it's prime.

My favourite movie/series to game : Spider-Man 2 (I have the Gamecube version). The Spider-Man game we've always wanted.

So - what's your favourites?

Archibaldo
06-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Game to movie... I can't think of any.

Movie to game, Spider-Man 2. This game is awesome. THe best part is just swinging around the city clobbering bad guys.

Rainman
06-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Game to movie. Street Fighters - funny shit :laughing:
movie to game. Goldeneye duh

VT_Hokie_Fan
06-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Game to Movie-Pokemon (jk, i hate all game to movie translations)

Movie to Game- Goldeneye

MacWeirdo42
06-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Game to Movie - Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within (there really wasn't much of a choice there)

Movie to Game - Tough... A four-way tie between Spiderman 2, TMNT (the arcade game), the original Batman game for NES, and Goldeneye.

Gerudo
06-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Game - Movie: Not a bunch up for selection here... I can't say I've seen a movie adaptation of a game that I've liked... (quite terrible, Hollywood, kthx)

Movie - Game: I'll have to say Goldeneye, because I played the shit out of that game. Unfortunately, most movie to game adaptations suck too... (quite terrible, Silicon Valley, kthx)

ShadowTiger
06-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Not at all sure. But I know that although Men In Black made for a KICKARSE movie, the video game was appalling. Probably not a good connection.

If only they would make a Starcraft movie. *_* Then I would finally have something to put here. XD Or maybe a Half Life movie.

VT_Hokie_Fan
06-15-2005, 05:41 PM
I would kill for a SC movie.

Mr. 207
06-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Best Game to Movie: Super mario Brothers. That movie was a classic...yea.

Best Movie to Game: Cliffhanger for Sega Genesis.

SomUnknown
06-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Series to game: Ducktales, still one of the greatest platformers ever.

Game to series: Sonic the Hedgehog, an awesome show (the old one).

Dechipher
06-18-2005, 08:13 PM
The SMB movie was the shiznit.

Also, the Bill and Ted game sucked. So I do not choose that. Rather, something like Power Rangers for the SNES. Great game, I tell you.

Archibaldo
06-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Ah shoot, I forgot about Golden Eye. I change my answer(sp?). (I don't know if i spelled that right, I'm having a bad spelling day.)

Darth Marsden
06-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Not at all sure. But I know that although Men In Black made for a KICKARSE movie, the video game was appalling. Probably not a good connection.

If only they would make a Starcraft movie. *_* Then I would finally have something to put here. XD Or maybe a Half Life movie. I take it you never heard about Half-Life Uplink? (http://www.planethalflife.com/features/articles/uplinkmovie/) Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Incidentally, compare and contrast Spider-Man 2 to Goldeneye and see which game you would rather play. 5 bucks says it's the ol' web-slinger.

Strider1982
06-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Game to Movie: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Obviously, I haven't seen the movie, but I've seen plenty of trailers and screenshots and I know the film will rock. It's about time FFVII got a sequel.

Game to Series: Even though it was RIDICULOUSLY unfaithful to the games and DIC Animation studios obvioulsy didn't know a thing about the games (Tails was brown?! No Knuckles?! Robotnik and Sonic looking nothing like the games?! No badniks or Chaos Emeralds?!), the old Saturday morning Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons were highly entertaining. I also loved the comic book series, which was much more faithful to the games.

Movie to Game: Hard to say...GoldenEye is a fun multiplayer game but I don't really like the single-player mode... LOTR: Return of the King was fun... Spider-Man 1 & 2 were awesome... Batman Begins was too...

I don't know. Maybe Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II & III.

Darth Marsden
06-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Waa! I forgot Sam & Max! Which came first, the game or the cartoon? Either way, change my choice to it. Man, I dig that hyperkinetic rabbity thing!