PDA

View Full Version : Cease and Desist?

Jamesburrow
06-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Hello, I come here from BYOND (http://www.byond.com), and, in the thread that made me decide to come over to this community, someone said that Zelda Classic had recieved a Cease and Desist order from Nintendo. (You can find the post here (http://developer.byond.com/forum/index.cgi?action=message_read&id=358711&forum=13&view=0))
However, looking around it doesn't look like that is factual. Can anyone clue me in to the truth of the matter?

SixTen
06-14-2005, 03:54 PM
This matter has been brought up here several times. Nintendo is well aware of what Zelda Classic is and they don't really care. I believe ZC was also featured in a magazine a while back, and even if our previous assumptions about Nintendo were false, then by now they would have surely said something.

Starkist
06-14-2005, 04:05 PM
While Nintendo is certainly aware of the existance of Zelda Classic, they have not to my knowledge made a move to shut down the site and/or production of the program. The domain www.zeldaclassic.com was down for a few days, but the site itself has remained up during that time. Now, the domain is back and everything is well.

Jamesburrow
06-14-2005, 04:07 PM
OK, good. Just making sure I didn't get all excited over nothing and then getting really pissed off over it.
Yay! Now, ot begin the slow download of ZC and to start playing.

Dart Zaidyer
06-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Don't believe any Cease-and-Desist rumors, especially from sites who claim to have gotten one via Email. Nintendo only sends Cease-and-Desist orders through real mail.

Knowing this can save you a lot of time.

Cloral
06-15-2005, 05:52 PM
If you ask around, most of the people who use ZC are big fans of the Zelda series. Most have several games in the series, and look forward to the new ones as they are released. ZC isn't keeping any of them from buying Zelda games, and I think this is the reason Nintendo doesn't care about its existance. Heck, having a forum where Zelda is regularly discussed probably helps their sales.

Gerudo
06-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Make sure you tell your community to NOT download ZC from anywhere but zeldaclassic.com or a mirror (such as those abandonware sites). Doing that is a good way to get virii and such. It's also a way to be back more than a few versions... (remember, the newest, iirc, is 2.10).

sorry about the first sentence, i didnt want to join just to post once