PDA

View Full Version : Help with the Megaman quest

Mugen
06-14-2005, 02:32 PM
I just started playing the Megaman quest and I already feel like an idiot for being stuck before even reaching the first level. Anyway here's what's happening. Some guy in the game told be to bomb the cracked wall in the museum to find the sewers, then go through the sewers to reach the powerplant. So I got some bombs and went inside the museum only to find it closed and blocked off. Neither the boomerang or bombs clear the barriers so what the hell am I supposed to do?

Mugen
06-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Sigh...so does no one know what I'm talking about. It's the doctor wily's revenge quest, the only megaman quest on the ZC quest database.

Phoenix :p
06-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi, I perfectly know what you are talking about, it is Megaman - Dr Wily's Revenge, Director's Cut. You must bomb not the thingies that block the way in the museum, but the small red building that is just South of the city entrance. To help you more, it is in the screen that is just southwest of the shop where a guy sells bombs, energy caspules and the blue boomerang/shadow weapon. Tell me if it helped.

kopitiambread
06-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi there! I've got some trouble with Level 3 on board the cruise ship... I've gotten the Flame Beam but can't seem to kill the final boss... I can't slash it without being inflicted massive amounts of damage due to the laser beams that come out from the walls. Could someone help me?

06-18-2005, 02:09 PM
It has been SUCH a long time since I haven't played this game... I cannot remember how I beat it, but try to shoot the lasers first, then try to slash the boss. If the boss fires lasers as well, slash them, too. If this doesn't help, give me more details about the layout of the room and the boss's attacks, and I'll be able to tell you more.

mr.Descer
06-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Problems with the Captain eh? :)

Lets see....after you kill the mates the walls start shooting lasers and the boss fireballs. When that stage comes you have to shoot the captain's lower body with missiles as fast as you can and he takes damage. Just ignore those fireballs since they dont hurt much!

In the final stage where the traps appear you have to quickly slash the capitain's lower body with your sword.

06-19-2005, 12:45 AM
I started a new game and I've just beaten the Captain. When the wall shoots lasers, notice which lasers are inactive and stay in the "eye of the storm" -- or you'll get fried in the twinkling of an eye. Part from this, mr.Descer has said it all.
After you beat the Capt., you should have the Silver Armour and a decent Saber, or you'll have a very hard time later on.

Mugen
06-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks phoenix, you just saved me hours of frustration.

06-19-2005, 03:28 PM
You're welcome^^, don't hesitate to ask if you're stuck again.

kopitiambd
06-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi! Got through the boss and found the saber lvl 2... Now exploring lvl 4 but having difficulty finding the final heart piece and the final boss. I know that there are 2 HC in B1 and 2 in F2... The problematic on is in F2... Any hints?

mr.Descer
06-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Ok so youre missing another one of the floor 2 pieces. Uh oh the level is long and confusing it is soo tough to decribe how to get your missing piece. :( I hope Petoe would have done some maps of this game. But the boss is easi to find. From the entrance go right and 2 screenies north and then upstairs. Follow the linear route and you should end up to the north part of Floor 1 where you have to blow up a broken shutter. But if you haven't opened the 2 shutters in B1 yet then you cannot reach the boss room yet.

Mugen
06-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Another question. Trying to get through the sewers with only a bommerang and bombs is a pain. Is there a sword somewhere that I can use cause it would make life alot easier.

Cloral
06-23-2005, 01:41 PM
You don't get a sword until after the first level.

06-28-2005, 05:57 AM
kopitiambd, I think that you need to go to the roof of level 4, and then far to the left (roughly speaking.) At one moment, you'll cross a gap and reach the piece of "heart." Then, you'll climb down to the destroyed floor, and you'll be near to bottom left of the map.

Mugen, you need to destroy the mini-boss that lurks in level 1 just before you set the factory power on.

Slingerland
06-30-2005, 05:29 PM
OK, sorry (I made my own thread for this), but where are the bombs? I haven't gotten any and the bomb shop is out!

06-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Slingerland, just to Southeast from Dr Light's lab. The bombs cost 20 zens, be sure to collect as many zens as you can in the town first! Explore every corner!

Slingerland
06-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Where? In the shop? That's southeast from Light's Lab.

06-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah, that's right, my apologies. You must go to MegaCity and turn right on the first screen. There's a shop there that sells bombs.

Slingerland
06-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Ooh, THOSE are the bombs! See, I didn't know what those bowl things were at first.

Hey, does anybody know how to get the SFX file to work? What's this grabber thing I read in how-to?

mr.Descer
07-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Heehee. :) Some items might seem odd because they look very different than in those zelda quests.

Oh a small tip: By killing those blue sewer rats you can get a lot of money. At least I have collected loads of Zens that way. ;)

07-01-2005, 03:19 PM
And when you've got at least the Silver Armour, the L3 Saber, the upgraded missiles and the upgraded missile launcher, together with 200 zens to fire lots of them, SAVE and try to beat the Arena challenge! It's worth it, give it your best and don't spare your missiles during the challenge!

kopitiambread
07-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks Pheonix for your help :) I've now completed the Torins Tower, upgraded my wallet to the max as well as my missiles, but haven't done the Arena Challenge yet :) I need help regarding finding the Gold Helmet in the abandoned graveyard... Do you know how I can find it?

jovo
07-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Uhhh where was that helmet. Oh yes, in the north overworld with snow and stuff not at the graveyard.

ScythX
07-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Uhh...Where are the mountains where dr.light is????????????????

kopitiambread
07-06-2005, 11:31 AM
I found the garage thing that possibly holds the gold helmet but it seems to be locked even though I've visited the thief already and he said it would be open... Am I missing something?

The Mountain is near Lupin City... Find a place that has lots of boulders for you to push around and eventually get into this abandoned mine. Hope it helps :)

07-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey, I guess it looks like I've got a long answer to produce :p

Thanks Pheonix for your help I've now completed the Torins Tower, upgraded my wallet to the max as well as my missiles, but haven't done the Arena Challenge yet I need help regarding finding the Gold Helmet in the abandoned graveyard... Do you know how I can find it?

kopitiambread, this is for you too ;)

To find the Golden Helmet, youy need to complete the following steps (I guess you've completed some of them, but I'm listing them all if it is of use to other players):

1) Go to the North. To so so, you need the Surfboard (bought 200 zens in Tornis), advanced missiles (MegaCity, 256 zens) and the advanced missile launcher (Tornis, Minigame, need Adv. Missiles) (optional,) and a sharp eye... Go to the extreme Northwest of the Overworld (where Light's lab and the Dungeons are.) You'll find a Cave, enter it. Explore it and be sure to kill the enemy that is alone (with 1 trap) to get a piece of Energy Meter. You'll reach the Ice Cavern. Make your way 3 screens to the East as you can, and fall in the 2x2 hole that is in the same screen as some stairs. Make your way in this underground and exit via stairs that lead back upstairs. Head North, then, and take these other stairs. You'll reach the North.

2) Explore the North!! You'll find a thief somewhere (be sure to melt cracked ice, you need to keep a sharp eye to detect it;) he says "the hatch should be open now." He's speaking about a hatch that is in Kakariko's graveyard, just west of Lapin Village and of the entrance to the sewers, NOT of the locked door of the garage in the NW of the North. You'll need a Super bomb to open it.

3a) Keep exploring the North and ransack all its treasures! (except useless money :p) Go to the northeast of the village and locate a screen where there is no enemy, and some ice with a small crack. Melt the crack and go to the Lab, you'll learn Slash. VERY useful vs. Wizzrobes and Darknuts!

3b) [I don't guarantee this] If you've got a spare key, try to go to the extreme northweast of the North, to the Garage. You can't bomb the sealed entrance; you can only enter via the door. I had 3 spare keys and I didn't go to the Thieves' Hideout (i.e. Kakariko Graveyard,) but the door opened, all the same. It didn't consume any of my keys, because this door is not a key block; I don' know why it opened at all... So, why not try, especielly if you can't buy Super Bombs yet?

4) If this doesn't work, buy a Super Bomb (available after level 6, I think,) go just west of Lapin Village, bomb the entrance and explore the caves (there are two layouts) until you find a thief that gives you the "Thieves' Universal Key," aka the Crowbar (seems like a Boss Key to me ;)) Go to the garage in the North and collect the Gold Helmet!! "Don't worry about damage taken" then, EXCEPT damaging tiles (damage is never reduced, you still lose 4 HP when you step on lava.)

5) Go to the Arena after having bought the best possible equipment without sparing your zens (be sure to have 200 of them, though.) Save before entering the contest, and retry when you lose. That's why you mustn't spare anything while fighting!

I've got a question for those who have actually finished the game. I've got 16 "Hearts Containers", 3/4 of a "HC" and I can complete these 3/4 of "HC" with a "piece of Heart" that I found underwater. Because Petoe set the number of HCs to 16 max., the extra Heart Container that I can make doesn't add a 17th HC to my life bar. Are you in the same case, are there (at least) 4 pieces of heart in excess? Thanks!

And a general piece of advice: you can save one key in the 2nd Dome in addition to the two extra that Petoe left here and there. This way, you may skip a difficulty that will arise near the end of the game.

Slingerland
07-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Hey, I are be needing help again, because I be's a moron. I'm in the power station and I'm one key short from entering the boss room. I've scoured for hours to find a key. Suggestions?

kopitiambread
07-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Yes, that is one long reply :) But thanks for the help! I've tired walking through the garage door (with no key) but it didn't work... I've gone though 4 levels and I have no spare key in my inventory. Is that okay? My spare key was uesd up in the Torrins tower because I just couldn't find another key for the door leading into the room with many stairs.

Is the factory near the entrance to the North level 5? could you tell me where level 6 is as well?

To Slingerland: If I'm not mistaken, you might need to bomb a certain wall looks run down .. If that does not work, kill every enemy in any given room.

07-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Slingerland, I don't remember where every key is. As kopitiambread suggests, kill everything that moves; it is a general rule to get about everything in the game: keys, energy and money.

kopitiambread, the Factory is in the northwest of the overworld. You need to go there with the raft. Isn't the Factory level 6, BTW???
Level 7 is Dragon's Lair, and you need to go there via the sewers (super bombs required.) But, before you go to Dragon's Lair, be sure to visit the museum and record where the coloured blocks are (their place in the room.) You'll need it.

Slingerland
07-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Slingerland, I don't remember where every key is. As kopitiambread suggests, kill everything that moves; it is a general rule to get about everything in the game: keys, energy and money.

You know it! I should probably do another systematic sweep of killing things.

EDIT: Yeah, not finding anything. What's with the basement anyway? B1 has nothing in it, except one chest, but it's behind a laser and green slime.

07-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Hmm... I don't know if it'll help you, but remember that you can never trust the dungeon maps that you can view when you press the "Start" / Enter button / key. Lots of rooms in the game have dead-ends, like this:

XXXXXXXXXOOOOXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXOOOOXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOXX
XXOOOOXXXOOOOOOOOOXX
XXOOOOXXXOOOOOOOOOXX
OOOOOOXXXOOOOOOOOOO
XXOOOOXXXOOOOOOOOOXX
XXOOOOXXXOOOOOOOOOXX
XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOXX
XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOXX
XXXXXXXXXXOOOOXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXOOOOXXXXXXX

where X means wall and O an walkable area. If you come from the west, the room will be marked as visited, but you won't have completed it, or taken the treasure chest that is in it. Maybe you forgot a key like that. When you sweep dungeons, you might sweep then bad. I don't mean that you're a bad player, I just remember the time that I spent sweeping dungeons, the worst of all being ??? Dome...

Heat Man
07-08-2005, 03:40 PM
I've got a question for those who have actually finished the game. I've got 16 "Hearts Containers", 3/4 of a "HC" and I can complete these 3/4 of "HC" with a "piece of Heart" that I found underwater. Because Petoe set the number of HCs to 16 max., the extra Heart Container that I can make doesn't add a 17th HC to my life bar. Are you in the same case, are there (at least) 4 pieces of heart in excess? Thanks!

This is interesting. You have found 4 extra Heart Containers? I'm sure Petooe said somewhere there are no more than 2 bonus HC Pieces in this DC version of MMDWR. Maybe there are some extra pieces he's not even aware of. Bad mistake by him! ;) I don't know.
Back on topic, I've found the 2 extra pieces and all of the old pieces except for one. So I have 16 and 1/4 hearts. It's too bad you didn't get your extra 17th heart...

07-08-2005, 08:10 PM
If you want, Heatman, I can send you the zelda.sav file where the game is recorded. I'm pissed off however, because I can't find back the 4th HC piece where it was supposed to be. When I found the HC piece the other time, was it due to a bug? I felt like I had already taken it... But it might just be a memory of what I did when I played the quest for the first time.
Anyway, I've got 16 HC and 3/4 in this saved game, tell me if you want a copy of it to investigate.

## EDIT ##

I found it back! It wasn't the one that was underwater that was missing, it was the one that was left in Lab 14. I took some snapshot, as well, but I can't post attachments here. Too bad.

Heat Man
07-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Crap. It would have been interesting to see those shots. I just wonder what are the pieces that shouldn't be in the game. But I don't think I need your save file. I'd just like to hear what the creator of this quest has to say.

07-09-2005, 08:35 PM
I just thought that if I can upload these shots somewhere, I could post an URL for anyone interested to see them. I just can't see WHERE I could upload them.
And, I don't think that Petoe will be able to reply soon, isn't he in the army for the moment, from what I've read?

mr.Descer
07-10-2005, 05:28 AM
Actually Petoe will be able to reply very soon! He has been in the army 6 moths and though he said he'll probably never want to come back and take a look at ZC anymore his opinion has magically changed. :) He will get out from the army today but I doubt he will be in a posting condition right away.....

07-10-2005, 08:00 AM
That's good news! Hope the army wasn't that boring to him.

Petoe
07-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Hell yeah the army was boring. :(

But I'm back and alive. Big thanks to you Phoenix :P for answering all these questions. You have no idea how much I appreciate people like you. :thumbsup:

It's nice to see DWR is still played by many people. It of course motivates me to work harder on my 2 new quests under developement...

EDIT: Oh, about those extra 2 LEPs that shouldn't be there... I have no idea what they are doing in the quest. I have to investigate. But it's amazing Phoenix has found them all. Goddamn...

kopitiambread
07-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Oh, I've found the last LEP already... on floor 1 in the water :) Now exploring the Thieves' Cave... Once I hit the B3 level, are there any more levels to explore? :)

EDIT: Yay! Found the Lvl 4 lightsaber after really a gaunlet of popping hands and that irritating fast moving mead thingie :) Good work Petoe! It's really a great quest with lots of depth and thought that went into it! Kudos! Btw, when the description to the Gold Helemt really true? As in the "ignore all damage..."? Because it doesn't seem that way :D

07-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Petoe:

Hell yeah the army was boring.

But I'm back and alive. Big thanks to you Phoenix :P for answering all these questions. You have no idea how much I appreciate people like you.

It's nice to see DWR is still played by many people. It of course motivates me to work harder on my 2 new quests under developement...

EDIT: Oh, about those extra 2 LEPs that shouldn't be there... I have no idea what they are doing in the quest. I have to investigate. But it's amazing Phoenix has found them all. Goddamn...

Petoe, thank you so much for your praise, I am moved!

And I've gotta praise you for having made such a great quest! I know the basic rules of ZC Editor, and I can realize all the efforts that you've done for all of us. Special mention for MegaZone, and its fabulous prizes.

If it can help you investigating about the Energy Meter Pieces, I can still send you my zelda.sav file. I can tell you right away that there is no problem with the EMP that are in the dungeons: there are 4 of these in every one of them. M/S Mariel and Dragon Lair are exceptions, of course, because they haven't got any :)

kopitiambread, I don't think there are any more levels to explore in the Thieves' Den. Once you get the L4 Saber, there is nothing more to gain (except the crowbar.)
As for the Gold Helmet: there is a rule that you must never forget. Armours reduce ENEMY damage, not TILE damage. These wicked red hands do 4 damage to you, whatever your armour. The lasers that you can see (and feel!) in several levels are tiles that do 2 damage to you, without any reduction from any kind. Spikes do 1 damage. Handy to know when you can't see your Energy Meter, I experienced it ;)

Petoe
07-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Hmm... I wonder where you have found the extra 2 pieces... You probably don't know that but I don't blame you, heh. But yeah, I could take a look at the save file if you can send it to me. Many people have emailed their status reports to me, but you and Heat Man seem to be the only ones who have managed to get a full life meter (16 hearts). Good job guys!

kopitiambread
07-12-2005, 05:05 AM
While looking for the entrance to level 7, I found this lost village... (Is this the Kakariko Village?) but couldn't proceed any further because of the mud... And I've completed Mega Zone *phew* it was quite the rush :thumbsup:

Petoe
07-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Oh, you've reached Kakariko Village. Nice.
But you need the Grappling Beam (hookshot) to get over the muddy parts (dried lake). Next to level 8 (research lab) there's a small building. Dive in front of it to get inside. Try to get through that place and you get the hookshot item...

07-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Petoe, could you pm me your email address so that I can post attachments? It seems that I'm not able to do it from here. I'm planning to join the .sav file together with some screenshots, they might be useful.

## EDIT ##

I've just thought of posting this, I've been forgetting it for a while now. It's more a funny thing than a real tip, though. While playing MDWR, I found out that the Ghinis/ghosts that seem to be unvulnerable are not so. Stun them with the fire boomerang if you've got it (optional,) and then blast them with a Super Bomb!

Petoe
07-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Sure, Phoenix. Just a moment...

I've just thought of posting this, I've been forgetting it for a while now. It's more a funny thing than a real tip, though. While playing MDWR, I found out that the Ghinis/ghosts that seem to be unvulnerable are not so. Stun them with the fire boomerang if you've got it (optional,) and then blast them with a Super Bomb!

Heh, I never knew that. Good find! Now if just someone would complain about the ghosts... :)

07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm gonna have dinner right now, but I'll be back right afterwards! See ya soon!

Heat Man
07-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Heh, I never knew that. Good find! Now if just someone would complain about the ghosts... :)

All righty then. Those shitty crappy ghosts! Always killing me! Where is this bloody world going. Petoe, you sadistic bastard. Why did you throw goddamn undefeatable enemies into this abysmal quest of yours?

If someone did not notice, I wasn't very serious. = P

07-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Petoe, your wish is answered. :p :p :p

kopitiambread
07-13-2005, 02:46 AM
Oh, you've reached Kakariko Village. Nice.
But you need the Grappling Beam (hookshot) to get over the muddy parts (dried lake). Next to level 8 (research lab) there's a small building. Dive in front of it to get inside. Try to get through that place and you get the hookshot item...

I see... But I'm still trying to find the entrance to level 7... Which sewer entrance should I use? Is Level 8 the factory just south of the Icy North's entrance? The one with green goo at the entrance to the building?

07-13-2005, 06:46 AM
You can only reach Level 7 by getting past the muddy zone, so you do need the hookshot to proceed.

mr.Descer
07-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Is Level 8 the factory just south of the Icy North's entrance? The one with green goo at the entrance to the building?

Yes. But it is not a factory, it is a laboratory. :tongue:

07-13-2005, 07:33 PM
And to get the hookshot, you mustn't enter the main door, or you'll meet the toxic waste. You need to enter the door that is underwater just East of the main one.

kopitiambread
07-14-2005, 03:56 AM
Oh... :) Thanks for the help! Managed to get through the acid water after several tries... Got the Mega Fist as well :p Now exploring 4 floors of the Dragon's Lair... Is the small blue ruppee a key for the locked doors and the small grey pyramid looking blocks on the floor?

mr.Descer
07-14-2005, 05:06 AM
Oh no no no. The blue rupee is just an useless decoration. There are no keys in the dungeon so you cannot open the locked doors even if you have some keycards because you cannot open those ancient Zelda doors with hi-tech keycards. ;)

If you cannot open the locked doors then what can you do? well that level is so old that many walls have weakened meaning that you should bomb walls that look suspicious at all..

kopitiambread
07-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Ohhh........ And I thought it was some form of item with a hidden use and got confused when I could not locate it on my item menu :) Suspicious wall, eh? Just a though, is there more than 1 LEP hidden in the South Ocean? I found one near the lab and was wondering if there's anymore there besides the many energy power ups and gold ruppees.

mr.Descer
07-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Nope. Only 1 LEP in the southern sea. And only 2 LEP pieces total in the whole southern area if my memroy serves me right(youve probably seen and received the other visible one)

kopitiambread
07-15-2005, 04:37 AM
That wound mean the other LEP is in the one the several caves... It was really fustrating trying to keep on the level with the staircase without dropping down

kopitiambread
07-15-2005, 07:38 AM
I just finished the mini quest to find the Mirror of Truth... after 2+ hours of falling into the pits and going back up again... *mentally tired but relieved that's it's over* :)

Petoe
07-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Miniquest to find the Mirror of Truth... Don't know if you're talking about the lens but good for you that you made it. Soon the worst is behind and the best part of the game is about to begin. ;)

07-15-2005, 08:19 PM
It was a great idea to design Level 7 like this. It's a typical Zelda dungeon with the nasty dragon and everything. And I love bombing these cracked walls and get to the boss room from the small entrance :)

kopitiambread
07-16-2005, 11:42 AM
@ the lvl 8... found LEPs in the small labs and the radar visor but I'm stuck in lab 64... I can't seem to get any further after hookshoting several times... Help!!

Petoe
07-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Ah, LAB64.

One of those brown boxes is pretty well hidden under a layer at the mid-southern part of the lab. You just have to look really carefully, you can just barely see it behind the southern wall. If you can't find it, tell us.

kopitiambread
07-17-2005, 07:25 AM
I still can't find it. This is the route I take: From the entrance, I take a left and walk the path on the right when it splits. After which I walk a bit further down, on my right is a box and on its right is a item box.

I then hookshot over to the right side and walk down and right, past a cell wide path and then I come to a place where I can hookshot upwards but that's a dead end... Where should I station myself to see the box?

07-17-2005, 07:35 AM
Use the Lens, it should help you. The floor flashes where you have to use the hookshot.

I find it amusing that I actually finished the Secret Lab before Dragon Lair, thus without the Lens :) Pretty hard, though.

kopitiambread
07-17-2005, 07:54 AM
Falshing floor??
Hmm... Gotta check that out ;)

07-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Yep, and it also works in some labs that are make-like. But if you follow the suggested path, you miss HEPs :(

kopitiambread
07-17-2005, 08:01 AM
Which screen should I be at to h/s the box? :p

EDIT: After thinking for a while, I finally got what you were trying to say Phoenix :P Got through the level and onto Wily's lab :) I actually found it while exploring the mountains thinking it was a location to another LEP :p

07-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Good luck against Wily: it was a nightmare the first time. Don't forget to SAVE when you reach the Three Challenges, it'll be your last save point before Wily. And SAVE your Energy refillers, too! Use them only against Wily and after you saved your game at the last save point. If you lose against Wily, select the "Retry" option, you'll have your E cans back.

Petoe
07-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Yes, I can confirm what Phoenix said. You should save before the challenges, and after them. After that you shouldn't save at all unless you happen to beat the game. Good luck. Wily's tower has many nasty surprises awaiting you. Hope you can survive them all... ;)

kopitiambread
07-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Oh besides that I need to look for my last 2 bonus LEPs... One of them would be in the South but the other is a mystery :) Collected quite a few from underwater and hammered blocks... Is there any in Wily's fortress?

mr.Descer
07-17-2005, 01:07 PM
No. There are no LEPs in the Wily's place. I hope you can find your missing mystery piece somewhere but I think you might have enough life to beat Wily already unless you want to collect all life just for completions sake.

07-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Yes, there is no difference between 15 and 16 HCs.

kopitiambread
07-18-2005, 12:00 PM
True true :) Managed to slog my way through the fortress and the 3 challenges as well... I have several missing slots in my items menu like the one next to the E cans... Are there any other hidden items in the game other than the fire bommerang?

mr.Descer
07-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Have you found the level 4 Light saber which can be found from the hellish doom level. If yes I'm sure you have all items then. There are 3 empty slots in MMDWR:

On the left side
- You don't get boots in this game
- You don't get a shield in this game

On the right side
- The Bait which in this game is the receipt(if you have found it you must have used it already)

07-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Or you found it but didn't want to use it, and kept it :)

mr.Descer
07-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Who wouldn't want a FREE megabuster??? O_o
:P

07-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Dunno... a very rich guy who wants all the items, maybe ;)

kopitiambread
07-19-2005, 08:49 AM
saw all the surprises inside Wily's base... and finally after 25+hours, 16 and 1/4 LEPs later :p Mega Man stands besides Link as heros of the world

Petoe
07-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Heh, great. MMDWR DC finished, eh? :)

It's always nice to read people's end game results. After working on the quest almost 3 years I'm glad to know people use over 20+ hours of their time to finish the damn thing... And you even got a full life meter. Nice. :)

Though I've read a nice amount of MMDWR feedback so far, more is always welcome. If all of you people who have finished the quest could make some comments about the quest I'd appreciate it very much. Like... what were your favorite and least favorite levels and why? Were the custom bosses "fluent" enough? Were you annoyed or delighted by the MM/Zelda relation in this quest etc...

Heat Man
07-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Though I've read a nice amount of MMDWR feedback so far, more is always welcome. If all of you people who have finished the quest could make some comments about the quest I'd appreciate it very much. Like... what were your favorite and least favorite levels and why? Were the custom bosses "fluent" enough? Were you annoyed or delighted by the MM/Zelda relation in this quest etc...

I'm sure I have stated my opinions about the quest in some old thread but if it is unclear to someone: I have never had as much fun playing a fangame than I had when playing MM:DWR. Though I didn't find the Zelda aspect of the quest very thrilling at first but somehow you managed to pull it off quite nicely at the end. Custom bosses aren't as cool as some others I've seen, but they work better and aren't too tough to beat. So you have created the most enjoyable custom badasses so far.

Hint: If you want to start a discussion again, come up with more of those little questions of yours to make it easier for people to answer. ; ) But I just don't get it why you can't just forget the old quest and concentrate on creating new ones. :P

07-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Heh, great. MMDWR DC finished, eh? :)

It's always nice to read people's end game results. After working on the quest almost 3 years I'm glad to know people use over 20+ hours of their time to finish the damn thing... And you even got a full life meter. Nice. :)

Then I'll write about my experience when I can! For now, I can tell you that your quest is so well done that I was always forgetting that I was playing on *Zelda* Classic -- you managed to erase this impression. When I was playing, I felt I was playing Megaman, not Zelda :)
One among the best quests for me :) 1st ex-aequo with several other ones out of here.

## EDIT ##

BTW, it took me 24 hours to complete the quest the second time, with 14 deaths and potentially 17 Energy Containers. The first attempt was more painful!

Petoe
07-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey that would be nice Phoenix (writing a bit more about your experience).

HeatMan, I AM concentrating on building new quests, but first I want to learn from my old quests. ;) Since so many people have played MMDWR I'd like to hear more opinions about what I did wrong and what right in the quest so I can do more things right in my next creations.

I have wanted to make some MMDWR polls because I love to make polls and I'd love to know in better detail what people think, but since not so many have finished the quest yet I think it's pretty pointless to ask eg. their favorite levels and stuff.

But if all of you "DWR experts" could answer some of these questions I'd be very grateful:

- What was your favorite and least favorite level and why?
(Levels: Power Station, Iso Dome, Forest, m/s Mariel, Secret Facility, ? Dome, Tornis Tower, Wily's Secret Lab, Factory, Dragon's Lair, Thieves' Hideout, Research Lab, Wily's Tower and Wily's Base)

- What was your favorite and least favorite custom boss?
Wind Man (Lv1), Guardian (Lv2), Heat Beam Guardian (Lv3), Pirate Captain (Lv3), Secret Facility Boss, Guardian 2 (Lv4), Weird Computer (Wily's Lab), Wind Man 2 (Lv 6), The Face ("Doom Lv"), Guardian 3 (Lv8), Pirate Captain 2 (Wily Base), Dr. Wily (Wily Base) and The Final Boss (Wily Base)

- Was there a part in the quest which made you want to stop playing?

- What was best in MMDWR DC?
(Graphics, Music, Level Design, Playability, Story, Versatility etc.)

- What was the most memorable thing in the quest?

- Do you think my statement "the quest gets better after every level and the ending can be very rewarding" is true?

- Were there anything in the quest that made you wonder "how in the world is this possible to do in ZQuest"?

- What did you think of the LEPs? The quest is quite tough so it encourages you to collect as many LEPs as possible. Were you disappointed by the fact that there were no full Life Pieces, only Life Expansion Pieces? Was looking for the LEPs interesting enough?

- The quest has more action than puzzles. If you agree, do you think there was enough stuff for your brains or do you think there were too many riddles, puzzles and too much complexity?

- My favorite things about DWR is the fact that it is so versatile. But did the multiple styles of graphics in one single quest bother you at all (going from futuristic MM graphics to Zelda graphics and then to sidescroller etc...)? And what about the weird story? MegaMan in Link's world thousands of years after all of the Legend of Zeldas took place...

- Do you think MMDWR DC was a necessary update to the original MMDWR?

- If you could make any changes to MMDWR DC, what would you try to improve?

That's all folks!

07-21-2005, 03:47 PM
(There DEFINITELY are lots of spoilers here! BEWARE!)

The introdction of the quest is very well made, it changes from "Ganon captured Zelda. Free her." It reminded me of some MM games that I played, and I still like them very much after all these years :)
What I didn' like at the beginning was that in MegaCity you have to bomb a wall to reach the Energy Factory, it was a long search for nothing, really. The nice thing was that you did not start with the Saber but with the Shadow Blade. Conquering the saber is more rewarding than just picking it in the beginning.

I'll (somewhat) stick to what you asked for a while Petoe:) So let's get goin'!

1) Power Station is nice because there is this "Power Switch" thing: you re-discover the level. The mini-boss is nice as well!
2) Forest: the music is perfect, reminds me of MM2 very much! Too bad you need the whistle in the end. I didn't have it on the first time...
3) M/S Mariel: the music is very original (intro of MM5.) The cutscenes are hilarious, the boss a coward! lol
4) Secret Facility: OUCH. This one is quite a hard one! Too hard and frustrating on the first time.
5) ? Dome is too much of a maze. Maybe it's just that I don't like domes very much ;). I'm sure that many players were lost in there. The foggy/misty foreground is very well done.
6) Tornis Tower: nice music, the lateral point of view is well exploited, the keys are well hidden. The boss is feasible by anybody.
7) Wily's Secret Lab: very nice music as well! The reward can be quite useful at times. The alarm trigger adds some spice to the level.
8) Factory: NOT THE WIZZROBES! Oh, I've got the L3-Saber, so all's well, lol. The way you can change the level of the water is interesting. A good level.
9) Dragon's Lair: I loved the idea :). I hated those %£#'@ tiles that appear and disappear all the time :p! A cracked, ancient dungeon when you bomb those walls instead of using keys and stuff... There are even ancient rupees, Dodongos and pseudo-invincible Ghinis! "Super Bomb" 'em all! lol
I liked the music, too.
10) Thieves' Hideout: you managed to set an oppressive atmosphere. Music, layout, colours, enemies, NPCs (the thieves.) The idea of the maze without a map is a good one! However, those *beeeep* hands suck your life too fast! :)
11) Research Lab: so eaaaasy that I finished it before ever finishing (and even fining) Dragon Lair. Okay, I maybe lost 20 lives... Oh well... The enemies are quite powerful there, so you need the proper equipment to survive!
12) Wily's Tower was frustating as long as you can't see how not to fall. After this, piece of cake! A little bit too long, maybe.
13) Wily's Base: I love the music, which comes from MM3, where you can listen to it for like 1 minute... The Challenges are all very feasible, all the more if you managed to spare not two but three keys/swipe cards! Yes, it's possible!
14) The minigames! Except the Surf :s
15) The Arena!!! Can't describe it!

All custom bosses are quite well done. However, Wily can be so frustrating when he knocks you unconscious! Didn't managed to do so last time, though :). The music of the last boss is great, and the different stages in which you defeat him are well thought.
"The Face" in the depths of the graveyard is so-and-so, on the contrary. It doesn't attack by itself, and it entirely depends on the red hands (the "Moblins" don't count^^.)

Here are the most frustrating stages of the game:
1) Megacity, when you have to find which wall to bomb. I might have abandoned there if I didn't have wanted to know the quest better.
2) The Secret Factory. It was a nightmare on my first attempt... (not a cause for stopping playing, but very frustrating!)
3) The maze-like ??? Dome. (not a cause for stopping playing)

Everything. There are still these frustrating things, though :).
I loved the clash that Dragon Lair represents.

A special mention to the Arena!

... and I managed to get more things that I was supposed to: 56 LEPs instead of 54, I saved 3 keys instead of 2... I like managing to do that in games!

- Do you think my statement "the quest gets better after every level and the ending can be very rewarding" is true?

Yep :)

- Were there anything in the quest that made you wonder "how in the world is this possible to do in ZQuest"?

Yes, of course! But I think I managed to guess plenty of them because I know the basics of ZC Editor, and I can tell you that you've been working very much on it! Thank you!!!
And I've been wondering many times that I'd like to have a look at your work on ZC Editor... Would this be possible?

- What did you think of the LEPs? The quest is quite tough so it encourages you to collect as many LEPs as possible. Were you disappointed by the fact that there were no full Life Pieces, only Life Expansion Pieces? Was looking for the LEPs interesting enough?

The LEPs are a nice addition to the quest (it's been the 25 or 50th time that I'm using the word "nice" O_o). It was a good idea to hide 4 of them per level (6/8 levels in fact.) Maybe there are too many of them underwater, but they are easy to find.

- The quest has more action than puzzles. If you agree, do you think there was enough stuff for your brains or do you think there were too many riddles, puzzles and too much complexity?

The riddles were quite fair! The only puzzle/obstacle that I don't like is when tiles disappear in Dragon Lair.

- My favorite things about DWR is the fact that it is so versatile. But did the multiple styles of graphics in one single quest bother you at all (going from futuristic MM graphics to Zelda graphics and then to sidescroller etc...)?

No problem, that was a great idea. It didn't shock me at all!

And what about the weird story? MegaMan in Link's world thousands of years after all of the Legend of Zeldas took place...

This is the best!!!

Dunno, never played it! But I went to your website and saw one or two screenshots of a/the previous version, and then I can tell you that the graphics did need a change.

If I knew how, I would put a "Bonus Stage" that is triggered after you finish the last level. It could be something like a very hard arena, a side-story... Something that would be worth it! This is what lacks in 99% of all games!

Phew... that's all... folks. (tries to crawl to his bed after the effort^^)

Heat Man
07-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Yeah I guess I could try answering as well:

Favorite - Secret Facility, That was really awesome and I'm usually hard to impress. Really cool stuff with combo cycling and those custom enemies. And some people dare to say it's impossible to make good sidescrollers in ZQ. Ha!

Least Favorite - m/s Mariel, The level just looked damn ugly. And in the DC version the Captain is way too easy.

Fav - The last boss. Nuff said.

Least - Well the head wasn't a real custom boss but it looked cool so I have to say the Captain pirate wasn't a really brilliant boss fight though some might find it hilarious. In old MMDWR it was too tough and now it is too easy and short.

Not really. But I found the cruiser to be a really boring level. But it didn't stop me from playing since I knew better things were ahead.

The levels and the kick-ass cutscenes. Some of the later levels were brillianly carried out. It must have been hell to build the factory level.
If Capcom happens to be in a need of good designer, they need not to look any further. ;)

"You restored the electricity!" I dunno but somehow that just came first to my mind.

Well after level 6 I think level 7 and 8 were somewhat disappointing, but what happens in the end of the quest is pure genius. So I guess my answer to the question is, yes.

Hell yeah. I have learned quite a bit about Zquest lately but many of the things you did like the timer scene or the dome computer made me to scratch my head in frustration since I just didn't figure it out how you did that stuff.

Ah, it's only good that there are so many hidden LEP's. I did find it quite fun to search all the LEP's though some of them were either too obvious or almost impossible to find.

Well actually more action could have been better, after all this is a MM quest. But the only puzzle I didn't like was the color block puzzle to the Lair. I just found it annoying having to travle all the way back to MC museum.

- My favorite things about DWR is the fact that it is so versatile. But did the multiple styles of graphics in one single quest bother you at all (going from futuristic MM graphics to Zelda graphics and then to sidescroller etc...)?

Didn't bother me at all. Other quests should try it too. Almost in all of them the levels look and feel the same.

And what about the weird story? MegaMan in Link's world thousands of years after all of the Legend of Zeldas took place...

Well first I thought it was a stupid gay-ass story, but after finishing the quest I have to say it was quite well though out. I especially loved the letter in Kakariko.

Ha, stupid question! The original one was unplayable for most of the people and not so many people liked the quest. But look what you accomplished with the DC. DC has got to be one of the most popular quests and it is also loved by many people, or so it seems.

I'd redo level 3. And I would have wanted to see even more custom bosses. And like phoenix said, having to bomb the sewer access at the beginning wasn't a really good idea.

Uh there you go! Hopefully you find our feedback helpful. And what about you Petoe, why won't you answer to the questions as well. Huh??? ;)

Petoe
07-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Holy shit guys! Thank you very much! I appreciate it that you took some time to think about those questions.

Uh there you go! Hopefully you find our feedback helpful. And what about you Petoe, why won't you answer to the questions as well. Huh???

Me? Hehe, well actually I could answer some of the questions. Some people might even find it interesting what I think of my own quest. I don't know. Here goes:

Favorite level
- Factory (Lv6). It took the longest to make. It was the hardest level to make. It was so damn frustrating level to make because of ZC's limitations. However, after I finished it and played it I was in awe that I succeeded to create such an level and even works pefectly with all the power going on/off and water level lowering/raising. Factory is my "currently most proud of".

Poorest level
- m/s Mariel (Lv3). Like Heatman said, the level looks ugly. It looks ugly even though I made many improvements to it in the DC version. I admit the bosses are a bit too stiff and short and the level can get quite boring especially if you don't get the Heat Beam. But I like the atmosphere I was able to create to the level. However, it doesn't save much...

Best custom boss
- Dr. Wily fight. It might not be the coolest battle ever, but it sure is something different. It's a very long and very tough fight. And creating the boss was a very painful and complex experience but I managed to pull it off quite nicely. Yay...

Crappiest custom Boss
- Well I think it is the Guardian. Though the first time people see it they might be like "hey cool!". But the Guardian fights might get a little boring because you have to fight them 3 times and they are quite simple custom bosses.

- When I started creating the quest back in the old days, I was a total ZC noob. I started to build the quest with 1.90 so obviously in the early stages of the quest it was just a normal Zelda quest in MegaMan disguise. But then I got better with ZQuest and I started to enhance the game and the story. But not much was possible to be done to the "get the triforce and save the world" background story. Anyways, I'm quite satisfied with what I came up. First the story might seem dumb but at the end I think everything is pretty well explained, like why the game has so many Zelda things in it and why Dr. Wily did what he did etc.

kopitiambread
07-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Another spoiler alert thread! (And my longest one yet :D )

What was your favourite and least favourite level and why?

Favourite Level: Thieves’ Hideout- Even though it was very frustrating dying because of all the red popping hands and those fast moving blue thingies (not too sure what they’re actual name is) then restarting at the beginning of the level… *bangs hands on table* but the item at the end of the level made it all worth the while :)

Least Favourite: The Dragon’s Lair: I seriously disliked the disappearing and appearing tiles. It did give the gamer a challenge but after a while it got on my nerves. Putting a switch to release a block of wood after the user makes it through the first time through so that he/she can hookshot across would be less stressful on the nerves :p

What was your favorite and least favorite custom boss?

Favourite Boss: THE FINAL BOSS- A very bad surprise but challenging one :) Defeated it with only one full life bar without anymore refills left.

Least Favourite Boss: Heat Guardian Boss- During that time, you’re neither too strong nor too weak to beat the boss. Further more, I felt that the game play when fighting the boss was a bit glitchy as there were times when the boss is in his 2nd mode of attack wouldn’t move after spreading the flames across the floor and to move the battle along, the player would have to move closer to the boss to ‘re-activate’ but that might cost you precious life, especially if you’re low on it.

Was there a part in the quest which made you want to stop playing?

Several parts. The first one was during my battle with the Pirate Cpt for the first time and didn’t know how to hit him. Second, was the Secret Lab 2, the one where you get the Lvl 2 saber. The presses and the laser was just too much after a while but managed to get though with great skill and cunning :) The last one would be the Dragon’s Lair, disappearing and appearing tiles (Thoughts mentioned above)

What was best in MMDWR DC?

The way you can save at the start of the dungeon. Saves time travelling :) Other than that, the music is great, weapons are great too :) Like the way you customised their pictures.

What was the most memorable thing in the quest?

Seeing the ending! And collecting LEPs :)

Do you think my statement "the quest gets better after every level and the ending can be very rewarding" is true?

Definitely.

Were there anything in the quest that made you wonder "how in the world is this possible to do in ZQuest"?

Plenty! I’m still relatively new to ZC even though I’ve played LOZ before (A Link to the Past) Still remember playing the original LOZ on the console but never made it to the first level because I had no idea what was going on and it was my friend’s. :)
The things that amazed me were the custom tiles used (how do you do them? Are they hand/mouse drawn?) The cut screens when talking to people (e.g.: The boy lying down in Torrins City.) Or the red wrap tiles (e.g.: the one to the secret lab to find the Lvl 2 sabre.) Making a long conversation with the on screen characters moving.

What did you think of the LEPs? The quest is quite tough so it encourages you to collect as many LEPs as possible. Were you disappointed by the fact that there were no full Life Pieces, only Life Expansion Pieces? Was looking for the LEPs interesting enough?

Finding LEPs were fun but challenging. There are quite a few and some are quite hard to find. Like the one in the 2nd dome, on the right I think of a block but only accessible through another way. Was slightly disappointed that there were no whole pieces @ the end of the dungeons but got used to looking @ every nook and cranny after a while.

The quest has more action than puzzles. If you agree, do you think there was enough stuff for your brains or do you think there were too many riddles, puzzles and too much complexity?

Good balance, not need for anymore puzzles :)

My favorite things about DWR is the fact that it is so versatile. But did the multiple styles of graphics in one single quest bother you at all (going from futuristic MM graphics to Zelda graphics and then to sidescroller etc...)? And what about the weird story? MegaMan in Link's world thousands of years after all of the Legend of Zeldas took place...

Nope. Didn’t feel it at all. Playing custom quests is like reading a book and immersing one’s self into the author’s universe.

Do you think MMDWR DC was a necessary update to the original MMDWR?

I didn’t play the original one so I can’t comment here.

If you could make any changes to MMDWR DC, what would you try to improve?

How about putting a map for each of the dungeons and the sewers?

More space on the tile when you land on after hookshot-ing across a chasm. Found that there were times after I hookshot across a gap, and going to move down, I’d end up falling down into the pit below. Perhaps you could put some extra tiles to prevent that from happening.

Perhaps putting the info screen that comes after beating the 2nd dome right at the start to help players to identify the various items in the game and what to kind of bombable walls look out for.

Over world places to recharge life and no need to pay.

More info on where the next level is after beating the current one and how to get there (what items might need etc).

At the end of it all, a great game with excellent storyline and game play! Keep up the great work! Will be looking out for more of your quests. :)

Petoe
07-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the comments again! I love honest feedback. You guys have pointed out some really important things which will certainly be improved in my future work. Thank you.

And I've been wondering many times that I'd like to have a look at your work on ZC Editor... Would this be possible?

Heh, everybody's been asking that question. But I have said the same thing to everybody: No.... not yet. But I can promise there will be a day when I release an unpassworded version of the quest.

KJAZZ
07-27-2005, 01:55 AM
Raawr. I seem to be stuck in the Iso Dome. I have 3 keys (One is from the Skull Man statue though), and I can't figure out where to go next. Any help would be appreciated. ;O

Petoe
07-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Well let's see. I assume you have destroyed the mini bosses already and you have the Power Chip so you can move the heavier objects now(?) Anyways, go to the downstairs. That's where the level continues.
I hope that helped.

KJAZZ
07-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Actually... I haven't even done THAT yet... >_>

Basically, after I entered the level, I went down the hatch near the old man, and got a key, I think. I then went in the door to the right, and got to where that pathway branch is, and went all three directions. The top path activated a switch, and the left path got me a key I believe, but I'm really not too sure. Rawr. I'll keep looking around, though...

EDIT: Wow, I truly am an idiot.

http://fast.filespace.org/KJAZZ/MegaMan01.gif

I didn't notice you could go up the stairs here, I thought you had to go up them from the bottom of here ... Which just shows how great my perception is. :blah:

Anyway, thanks for your help anyway, now I'm going to go continue. I think the quest is great so far, but I'm sure you already know that. :mega:

~ KJAZZ

Petoe
07-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Heh well it's always a good thing that more and more people emerge who seem to like the quest. Just remember to ask help whenever you need (I've seen too many people quit the quest because they didn't know what to do in the 4th level and they didn't even bother to explain their problem).

Oh, there's 2 things you and everybody else should know: If somebody happens to find an old MMDWR FAQ/Walkthrough from the PureZC, try to ignore it since it's badly done and can be very misleading. Unfortunately I have no time to update it. Another thing, if anyone is playing the quest with the newest ZC 2.10, you should make backup copies of your "zc.sav" file because MMDWR DC tends to have serious contunue bugs if played on 2.10. That way if your save gets corrupted, just replace the save file with the backup one and not much of your progress is lost.

Arathorn21st
07-28-2005, 10:34 PM
I've decided to tackle this quest (again), and I'm in Tornis Tower. Which keycards are particularly hard to find? I seem to be missing at least one, and I have no clue which ones I've already gotten.

Here's my filled map, assuming the DMAP is continuous (X = traveled, O = missing.)

OOOOOOXX
OOOOOXXX
XXOXXXXX
XXXXXOXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX

Any way to reach that room in the center?

EDIT: I'm playing the non-DC MMDWR, if that changes anything gameplay-wise...

kopitiambread
07-29-2005, 04:55 AM
There is one part on the map, lower right (like very near the bottom) that you can bomb... But that was on MMDWR-DC so I'm not too sure if there'll be a difference

07-29-2005, 07:28 AM
There are 2-3 keys that are hiden in walls. When you see a tile of a wall that is somewhat white, slash it and grab the key.

Petoe
07-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Uhh... who do some people want to play the original version instead of the much improved DC? :shrug:

Anyways, like Phoenx said, some keys are hidden inside walls. When you see an extremely green part on the wall, slash it to reveal a hidden keycard.

Arathorn21st
07-29-2005, 11:20 AM
The reason is that I started the file when the original came out, and I don't want to do ? dome ever again.
...Unless DC is a version upgrade (i.e. won't erase my file.) Is it?

Petoe
07-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Well unfortunately the DC version has so many changes that your version and the DC aren't compatible. And since you're so far in the quest, obviously it's not the most desirable thing to start the quest from start again, but I still recommend it since the quest is heavily improved and easier. But if you can beat the old version you're playing, you are a really skillful player since some of the later levels have some insane parts. :thumbsup: So consider your version as the "hard version" of MMDWR and the DC version as a "normal version".

KJAZZ
07-30-2005, 02:21 AM
Soooo, yeah. I beat the ? Dome (I didn't like either Dome so far... Mainly because the music wasn't that exciting IMO... Good music, but not for a dungeon.. :blah: ) and now I'm going into Wily's Lab. Whee. I read earlier that you buy the Surfboard in Tornis... Do I have to beat dungeons first, or is it in some random place? I want to try the minigame. :mega:

EDIT: Alright, I beat Wily's Secret Lab, and now I'm in Tornis Tower and such. Whee. :mega:

07-30-2005, 04:44 AM
There are like 2-3 walls to slash in all, and you must have the Megabuster to beat the Dungeon: you open the blue doors with it. Upgrade the Megabuster as well, it'll prove useful.

Edit: I see you've just edited your post, did you find the keys?

kopitiambread
07-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Did the upgraded megablaster help through out the game? The ending flame ball did help dish out more damage if enemies walked in the direction it was fired from but other than that I didn't notice any other use...

KJAZZ
07-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Heh, yeah. After I made the post, I decided to just try a little more, and it turned out I needed to bomb a wall. I haven't upgraded the Megabuster yet, I don't quite have enough money yet. :blah:

mr.Descer
07-30-2005, 03:52 PM
ah just forget the Megabuster upgrade unless you have an insane amount of cash. Even with the upgrade tha megabuster isn't very powerful if compared to the silvery missiles ;)

07-30-2005, 04:59 PM
The upgrade enables you to get one of the four HEPs in the tower.

KJAZZ
07-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Well, now I'm in the Factory, and I need a key. I think this may lead to the Power Room, but I'm not too sure. It does have a computer monitor with a hint on it, though..

No idea which keys I'm missing, but I do remember getting a couple from killing Wizrobes.. All the others are behind the laser barrier things, which I imagine I need to turn off the power to get.. :blah:

Help is appreciated as always. ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to bomb the flashing orb thing that was shooting at me. :mega:

mr.Descer
07-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Last edited by KJAZZ : 5 Minutes Ago at 11:23 pm. Reason: I really should look around more before I post :P

lol don't worry about that too much. I've seen much worse. "I am in the dome now. what do I have to do here?", "This factory is hard! I have only 1 key. Where are the other keys???" and something liek that :mega:

KJAZZ
07-30-2005, 11:48 PM
(I know that once I post this here, I'll probably find the answer in 20-30 minutes. Anyway..)

I just got the Rush Marine and have been fiddling around underwater. It seems I need to Burn/Bomb things to go further, but those don't work underwater. I think I need to lower the water level, not too sure though. Not sure where to do that, though. :shrug:

Anyway... As usual, help is appreciated. This quest has been giving me a bit more trouble that most others ... ;O

mr.Descer
07-31-2005, 06:09 AM
You have bween underwater? Ok well since you cannot use the heatbeam and bombs underwater you just have to ignore all the bombable and meltable things for now. If I remember correctly you have to get to B4 floor. There is the water control room. I don't know where you are stuck but have you tried to walk through the furnace things on a conveyor belt?

kopitiambread
07-31-2005, 10:18 AM
There are lots of goodies to take from the underwater region so explore carefully!

KJAZZ
07-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Alright, beat the factory. Pretty good level overall, I have to say. Although I was somewhat displeased that after I beat the Patra 2 (or was it 3? I forget..) An oval patra spawned. Oh well, I beat that without dying, at least. Time to collect stuff. Or something. :mega:

EDIT: Okay, I've got the Golden Helmet, Fire Boomerang, and L-4 Saber now, and I'm in the Dragon's Lair. Whee.

So yeah, I'm basically at the part with the curved bridges that vanish and reappear ... It's REALLY annoying.. I'll come back to it later ... :blah:

Petoe
08-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Oh noes, those curved bridges. No one likes them -_-; But after the Lair is finished, it's time to say goodbye to crappy levels. ;)
(Ahem, I can tell you a trick if you don't know it already: When you're standing on a disappearing tile and the tile vanishes under your feet, just stay still. Don't move at all until the tile comes back and you won't drop down! A nice little ZC "bug".)

KJAZZ
08-03-2005, 02:41 AM
Alright, I decided to play the quest some more today, and managed to beat the Dragon's Lair. I stopped right after that though. The next dungeon is that place near the Factory that had all the acid on the ground, right?

Petoe
08-03-2005, 12:40 PM
The next dungeon is that place near the Factory that had all the acid on the ground, right?

Yes, that's the next level (Reserach Laboratory). After all those complex puzzle-ish levels this one is very action oriented and pretty straight-forward...

Arathorn21st
08-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Ok, I broke down and started on DC. Go me.
Where, again, is Beat's Whistle? In the original I thought it was in that floor-staircase outside the Power Plant, but there's just a LEP now.

EDIT: Looked through PureZC's forums and found that it's in that shack outside of level 2. Wahoo.

kopitiambread
08-07-2005, 05:32 AM
Beat's Whistle is outside level 2 which is the First Dome... You'll need to find an item insede the Dome to get to the whistle

KJAZZ
08-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Yay! I finally beat the game!!

FINAL STATS:
29 Hours 15 Minutes
56 (Recorded) Deaths
14 Hearts (I believe)

Wow, that was awesome. Made my day when I saw my name in the Special Thanks as well, heh heh.. :D

I think the level that I liked the most was probably either Tornis Tower or the Factory. My least favorite Levels were both Domes. I got stuck in those more than once. >_> The music wasn't exactly the best, either. It's not bad music itself, but I would have liked something else, personally..

Oh, one more thing. I really didn't like the disappearing/appearing blocks in the Dragon's Lair. I never liked those in Mega Man to begin with. :blah:

Well, my favorite boss would have to probably be either Wily or the last boss. I also liked Wind Man, since it was actually a Robot Master that you fought. (Where was WOOD MAN?! ;))

My least favorite boss was probably the Heat Beam Guardian. It was annoying.. The face didn't really seem like that much of a boss to me, either.

Ah, not really.. But there were some frustrating parts.

Oh, it was ALL good. Every game has little annoying things, and those can't be avoided. :thumbsup:

Every time I got a new weapon and it told me in the message box. Especially the Swords. ;) I also really enjoyed the ending.

Yes. Unless you just beat the level right before either of the domes. :glare:

No, not really. I've been tinkering with Zquest for quite a long time now, despite that fact that I've never released a quest. I think I know how you did most of the things in your quest.

Well, it was certainly different, I had to get used to not receiving another Heart Container after beating each Level, and had to hunt down the pieces in every level. Even so, I still only finished the game with 14 hearts, I believe I missed a few of these Heart Pieces in some of the levels.

Seemed pretty balanced to me.

- My favorite things about DWR is the fact that it is so versatile. But did the multiple styles of graphics in one single quest bother you at all (going from futuristic MM graphics to Zelda graphics and then to sidescroller etc...)? And what about the weird story? MegaMan in Link's world thousands of years after all of the Legend of Zeldas took place...
Not at all. I liked the Side Scrolling levels, especially Tornis Tower and the Secret Facility. :D As for the story, I didn't mind it at all. It's Zelda Classic, you have to deal with the fact that part of the game is getting 8 pieces of a shiny triangle.

I never played the original, so I can't say.

Just a couple things, IMO...

Probably make it a lot easier to find where to first bomb, that seems to get many people stuck.
Change the Music in the Domes.
Limit the amount of BATS in the quest. The Bats were probably the single most annoying thing in the quest. Maybe put a few Keese with them, or something like that..
SOMEWHERE in the game, hide a SINGLE Magical Shield. Hide it really good. And don't tell anyone where it is, anywhere. This could help some people that are good at exploring and finding things, but not so good at fighting. If you wanted, you could hide a shop instead, and sell the shield very an extreme amount of money. But that might not be that great, because they could keep replacing the shields if they lose them. :blah:

All in all, I really enjoyed the quest. It's not often I actually play or finish a custom quest, and this is one of the first five. Props to you, Petoe. :mega:

Petoe
08-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

But quite many people have disliked the dome musics and I'd like to know why. Do they remind too much about the Chrono Trigger domes or are the musics too depressing like many people like to think? I thought about using some MM-ish midis there but didn't find anything. Maybe I'll have to search harder since there will be 1 more MMDWR version because too many people are still unable to defeat the quest though it's much easier than the original one. I guess I'm a bit too proud of the ending since I want more people to see how you can do very nice and rewarding endings in Zquest... I won't make any big changes but I will definately reduce the amount of bats etc. ;)

KJAZZ
08-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I think they're too depressing.. They somewhat remind me of the Chrono Trigger domes.

You didn't really use the Keese enemy too much, did you? Just in random overworld spots. I liked how the keese looked, moreso than the bats (Much more Megaman-ish.. :mega: )

alphapipi
04-22-2006, 04:23 PM
where is the sewer entrance that I should use to get past the door in the harbor. I was there earlier in the game(by accident) but forgot where it was.(yes i am a :newbie: :unhappy: )(games stat>999)

Petoe
04-23-2006, 05:51 AM
where is the sewer entrance that I should use to get past the door in the harbor. I was there earlier in the game(by accident) but forgot where it was.(yes i am a :newbie: :unhappy: )(games stat>999)

Ah, the correct sewer access is the one in the northwest corner of Megacity (Near the MegaCity Lab).

Lolzinyoface
04-24-2006, 10:20 PM
is there a specific version of zc u need to use for the reload bug?? I played this game on 2.10 and got completely stuck in the corners of The second Dome... Saved quit and restarted, still ended up in corner, Tornis tower, stuck in corner, saved as above, started over again... got to factory.... died at the first fish thing, got stuck in corner, saved retried, quit and whatever, still ended up in that dang corner... sooo before i start over again....because i really want to get to wily's tower... is there a specific version u need to play to get rid of this respawn bug?

Lo Zeno
04-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Ok, I may look completely dumb now, but I can't find Dr. Light after the first level to get that Megabuster...
I've looked every corner of the map, or so I think. Someone told me I need to move a rock, but as much as I push rocks they do not move (I guess I need something like the Bracelet, which I do not have). Can you help please?

Petoe
04-28-2006, 05:07 AM
Lolzinyoface: ZC 1.92 build 183 is the correct version for this quest. AS you have noticed, playing with newer versions like that 2.10 causes awfully alot of bugs and even some serious game stopping ones. Sorry to hear that you've been getting stuck in a corner all the time but you people should always read the quest infos and readme files so that problems like this never happen again. ;)

Lo Zeno: Dr. Light is in mines (entrance to the mines is at the mountains near Power Station but there are rocks there that you cannot move without the Power Chip item. You get the Power Chip from Iso Dome which is Level 2).

Lo Zeno
04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks!
I've almost completed the dome but... is it normal that when I enter the boss's chamber, there is aboslutely NOTHING? No boss, no button, no key... just a closed door?

Petoe
04-29-2006, 05:18 AM
Thanks!
I've almost completed the dome but... is it normal that when I enter the boss's chamber, there is aboslutely NOTHING? No boss, no button, no key... just a closed door?

In the boss room, just walk around a bit and the boss will attack you.

z-nut
05-14-2006, 05:20 AM
i cant find the arm cannon i thnk its called

not an old school megaman know it all
is it still called a mega buster?

i have no ombs inthe ower station and i have 9zenny
i think i might have to restart?

jovo
05-14-2006, 11:41 AM
i cant find the arm cannon i thnk its called

not an old school megaman know it all
is it still called a mega buster?

i have no ombs inthe ower station and i have 9zenny
i think i might have to restart?

arm cannon? You are talking about megabuster I am sure. ;) you have to find Light before you can obtain the megabuster.

Petoe
05-14-2006, 12:40 PM
z-nut, the arm cannon is called Megabuster and as jovo said you cannot get it before you get a Megabuster receipt from Dr. Light. You can find Dr. Light from the mines after you have gotten the Power Chip from Iso Dome (goto the mountain area near the Power Station to find the mines).

And about bombs, you don't have to worry about them. After you get the Light Saber (1st sword) you cna kill enemies and get Zens that way.

z-nut
05-14-2006, 07:37 PM
thanks