PDA

View Full Version : OMG work

Rainman
06-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Apparently, I'm now not a bum but a working man now. I've been calling a personnel firm for the past few weeks. I worked one shift at this pet food packing plant. It wasn't impossible work, but it was long hours (10.5) and at an odd time (5:00am - 3:30pm) I called back today and somehow got permenant a position there. I'll be working from 3:00pm to 11:00pm at 6 dollars an hour. I was beginning to worry this summer about money, but if this goes well then I won't have to worry. Sure I'll be doing less WoW, but I'll be saving up for a new computer (one that my brother won't share with me) so when college comes I'll be able to play it. :P I predict late hours with this shift. I'll be up most of the night. Then sleep until I have to go to work. We'll see.

Btw, the work there mainly involved stacking heavy dog food bags and putting stickers on packages.

Ganonator
06-14-2005, 01:43 PM
i'm getting paid 12/hr to surf the internet right now.

I win!

Glitch
06-14-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm getting paid 11/hr to surf the internet right now!

2nd place!

Toolie
06-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Fuck both of you.

Anyhow, welcome to the blue collar world Rainman. I'm working three jobs, four if you count occasional weekend work at a restaurant. My schedule right now is 6am - 10am in retail, 11am - 4pm at the university, weekends 6am - noon in maintenance, and whenenver I'm called in at nights for this restaurant. And I still have trouble paying bills, so no new anythings for me.

Rainman
06-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Lol, I wish I had jobs like you, but unfortunately, it seems in this area that it's impossible to get a job with knowing somebody. I applied to 10 or so work places and none brought results. This work will probably not be fun, but at least it's work. Also, I'll be getting a workout each day throwing bags around. :P

moocow
06-14-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm making 8.50/hr to suf the net...

It'll be 10/hr in a couple of weeks, though :p

Jigglysaint
06-14-2005, 02:12 PM
I got $2000 from the government for free! Apparently it was a tax return, but since I've never worked, I am eligable for a tax refund for some reason.

Toolie
06-14-2005, 02:15 PM
I got $2000 from the government for free! Apparently it was a tax return, but since I've never worked, I am eligable for a tax refund for some reason.

Thank you for all the great you and people like you do for this country.

War Lord
06-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Thank you for all the great you and people like you do for this country.

He lives in Canada.

Verman
06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
yeah..

Canada enjoys giving useless wastes of skin free money...yet charge me out the ass for my student loans and bug me everyday to pay more even if I already made my normal monthly payment.

Not to mention the 30% income tax they charge me on my paychecks so they can give it to welfare bums and people with 'disabilities'. Lazy ass motherfuckers. Sure single mothers and the like can use money but why give it to the obese fat fucks who doent want to work at a gas station because they make almost the same amount from the government cause hes a fat lazy motherfucking asshole so the government thinks he can't get work cause he doesnt bother looking... Socalist government! YAY!

on the plus side.

I currently make around 21 an hour canadian...and im surfing right now...

EDIT: oh yeah! as of the free health care...if I have free health care why do i pay 200 a month into health insurance? Free to vistors and of course to welfare people.

firebug
06-14-2005, 03:20 PM
I get paid 9.5/hr to take people's money and say: 'Have a nice evening.' I wish I could get paid to surf the net. Lucky fuckers.

Archibaldo
06-14-2005, 10:46 PM
I get 7 bucks an hour where I work. I work at the local pub. Plus I get paid under the table so I don't have any deductions, plus I get part of the tips and all the free food and soda I want.

Gerudo
06-14-2005, 11:04 PM
i get paid 8.75/hr to stay outside all day and collect shopping carts.

i'd much rather be doing anything else, but like Rainman, i must have applied to 20 places, and only got a callback from the ones who require me to run around in circles all day... those being UPS and Wal-Mart...

i hate our economy...

ShadowTiger
06-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Right now, I make about $10 a DAY in my parents house. I garden, fix things around the house, and just otherwise do my parents' bidding. I don't mind it too much, really. One, I already "HAVE" this job. Two, it'll be a lot harder for me to get work than you guys, due to the fact that whenever I speak, it looks like I'm having a stand up seizure. :sweat: (Speech Impediment.) A lot of people are closed-minded (Or ignorant) enough to believe that a person who speaks like that is instantly dumb. I should really force myself near people more often.

Rainman
06-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Lol, one day of work and I get about a week off. They are shutting down a bit and doing some upgrades so they don't need me. :shrug: The work today was either incredibly boring or incredibly grueling. Today I had to throw around a couple hundred 40-lbs bags. We weren't taking it slow either. We were tossing them around as fast as we could. I also did about a hundred 30-lbs bags. And I had to smack the hell out of a machine with a hammer. It's hard work, but it's mindless and even better.. it pays.

Great Warrior
06-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Congratulations. Maybe they think you need rest already. :p
I work at Red Lobster. My first restaurant job. Overall it's not a bad job. It gets me money to get gas to get from point A to point B, get my girlfriend dinner at point C, and then go to point D together. Crazy mathematics, eh? I myself don't know what I just said.

Cloral
06-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Well good job on joining the work force! Always good to see people earning their way through the world.

carrot red
06-15-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm glad you got yourself a job at last.

I make 13.5 an hour. So, I win! But I don't work regular hours, I freelance.

Manny
06-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Well work is work and you got decent hours. I only make $7.05 / hour working the front end at a grocery store, and right now I have somewhere between 30-40 hours this week with one day off, (that being saturday). I'm working 5-6 days a week and I'm exhausted, and I'm only part-time so no benefits for me. God I need a better job
-manny