PDA

View Full Version : Rant about tacky customers’ behavior

Great Warrior
06-14-2005, 08:23 AM
At the grocery store I often see cookie and candy packages poked open so Mom could give her snot-nosed kid something to pacify him while they shop. Or empty bottles of pop that someone drank while shopping, then stuck on a back shelf.

I never got this. It is tacky behavior to eat something you haven't paid for while in line or while walking around the store.
Are you that hungry or thirsty you can't wait until you've paid for it and left the store? Is the instant gratification so necessary to you?

goKi
06-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Usually they just don't pay for it at all. Working near the confectionary area of my store, i see this all too often. they will take it from the shelf, walk around and eat it, but never end up paying for it. It's ridiculous.

Great Warrior
06-15-2005, 07:22 AM
I never linger in spots with empty pop or bags of candy. I do not want them to think it was me.

Archibaldo
06-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Isn't that shoplifting? I thought that if you open a food product without paying for it was considered shoplifting.

Yoshiman
06-16-2005, 10:48 AM
The Wegman's up here lets you open a soda for you to drink while you shop, and has you pay for it at the check out. They even have little cup holders on the cart. But I'm sure not all people will pay the $1.99 for it and just toss the bottle in the trash before they get to the counter. :p

What really bugs me about people in stores are the ones who have really bratty kids.

"I WANT THAT!"
"Maybe next time, dear."
"NO!"
*kid stomps foot and throws a fit*
"Fine"
*parent gives in*

ShadowTiger
06-16-2005, 11:58 AM
And THAT is how you raise bratty kids. :p ... Well, there are a lot of other ways to go about doing it too. :sweat: :rolleyes:

Thankfully, I've never seen such behavior anywhere I've been. Would you point it out to anyone that a customer is abusing a store's trust? Probably not unless entrusted to do so by the store. =/