PDA

View Full Version : Posting a Demo of a Quest

Madman200
06-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Is it okay? :confuse2:

Rakki
06-14-2005, 12:06 AM
What do you mean is it okay? Are you asking if they'll add it to the QDB if it's just a demo? If that's what you're asking, I think the answer is no. So if you do want to post a demo, you'll have to host the download yourself.

Madman200
06-14-2005, 12:19 AM
And I did it in C:\. Because
A: I have NO idea where to upload it, and
B:

.......um..........UM...........well, let's just say A.

Dart Zaidyer
06-14-2005, 01:33 AM
I strongly recommend you learn more about the internet before attempting to put up a demo of your quest.

Sephiroth
06-14-2005, 02:38 AM
Is it okay? :confuse2:
Yea.. You can post demos. I have demos posted around.. you just have to find a host for them.

usually http://www.filespace.org and The File Bin (don't know address of hand) will allow you to host them if the demo is under 5 MBs. o.o

Shoelace
06-14-2005, 03:17 AM
Well, I think eveyone answered it, and as you can see in my sig, I have a demo right here. And filespace.org is a great place for your demo to get hosted. Also, you can post your demo in a thread under the Custom Quest Discussion.

Edit: Ooops, I worded that sentence wrong, as pointed out from Snort. Because I have had a demo in that thread. It is fixed now. :P

Sephiroth
06-14-2005, 03:20 AM
Well, I think eveyone answered it, and as you can see in my sig, I have a demo right here. And filespace.org is a great place for your demo to get hosted. Also, I am not sure about not being able to post your demo in a thread under the Custom Quest Discussion.
I've posted many a demos here in Custom Quest Discussion and I've been okay with it. :)

Madman200
06-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Whish I knew about these other types of sites beforehand. Guess I'll do that now.

Yoshi348
06-14-2005, 06:56 PM
One tip, though, try to put the fact that it's a demo in the name, just so people can see that at a glance.

Zelda_Warrior
06-14-2005, 09:21 PM
You know it might be good to tell people when the demo ends because one time i played a demo and thought it was the end of the demo since i spent hours of figuring oiut what to do and couldn't figure it out but i posted a question on how to get past that spot aand it turns out that wasn't the end of the demo. This happened before only vice-versa too.

Sephiroth
06-15-2005, 12:02 AM
You know it might be good to tell people when the demo ends because one time i played a demo and thought it was the end of the demo since i spent hours of figuring oiut what to do and couldn't figure it out but i posted a question on how to get past that spot aand it turns out that wasn't the end of the demo. This happened before only vice-versa too.
I usually counter that by placing a "End of Demo" screen in my demos. :)