PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3

Ganondork
06-06-2005, 06:46 PM
For all of you that hate me, her's something all of you will like.

I acually have alot of things positive to say about the PS3!

the Pro's
1.Sexy
2. The 7 player hookup is nice, but I thindk they should have pushed nine...
3. good online
The con's
1. Sony is a liar.

Masamune
06-06-2005, 06:48 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ganondork again.

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

Why the fuck would anyone need 9 controllers at once? I can't even fit 9 people in my living room let alone on a TV.

Ganondork
06-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Another thing, about sony being a liar, you all should look forward to atari 800 style graphics here. Who knows? Mabye sony put so many useless microchips in it, they didn't have room to make it so you can even use a controller :laughing: !

SomUnknown
06-06-2005, 06:58 PM
DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

Why the fuck would anyone need 9 controllers at once? I can't even fit 9 people in my living room let alone on a TV.

Each person gets a box of four pixels.

For the first time in my life, I may actually have a chance at winning in a FPS.

Masamune
06-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Another thing. Please start citing your sources, Ganondork. You're random numbers and bullshit are pissing me off.

Ganondork
06-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Please don't let it be over $100000000000! I can't afford that!

Dechipher
06-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Wow. I feel kinda...dumbed down by your useless posts.

I have no doubts of your vast knowledge, dork, but please stop spouting it around. It's getting kinda ridiculous, amigo.

Also, I daresay people do not hate you because you hate Sony. I find that a verry shallow reason to hate someone, especially on a message board. No, I think it is the lack of content in your posts and your horrid grammar. That seems more.....correct.

I think something we all would like would be for you to start giving people content that:
A. Is actually true, or at least you can provide a link to, or
B. Is hilariously funny

Now, I have seen nothing that you post that falls in those two categories.

Of course, neither does anything I post....

That said, I think making a PS3 is...well....redunant. Why be creative when you can just add more crap on, right? That seems to be Sony's thought process. Unfortunately, there are enough people that think that to encourage another addition the Playstation line...

Cloral
06-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Sony really showed nothing at e3. Remember the concept stuff they had for the PS2, and remember how nothing ever looked that good on it? Same thing's happening again. I won't make any real judgements on the system until I see an actual game running on an actual system. In that sense, Sony is a liar, I'll give you that.

Belgarath
06-07-2005, 04:09 AM
They also lied about having 8 cores enabled on the end production system, as they are only including 7 in the actual ps3 in order to make production stretch so they can make 1/8th more consoles and make that much more money.

I personally dont see any reason they should retard the system after all that hype, it just makes them vaporware in the end. So yes, they lied.

But does it really matter? No. People are still going to buy them and Sony is going to make allot of money because they are still much more powerful then the xbox360 will be at over 2.18 teraflops of cpu power compared to the xbox360s meager 1 teraflop.

Great Warrior
06-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Sexy is something I would look for in a woman, it is not a determining factor in buying my game consoles.

SomUnknown
06-07-2005, 12:45 PM
It's a slang term meaning: Attractive, sleek, interesting, or appealing.

But as with most slang, it is very silly to use.

Cloral
06-07-2005, 12:57 PM
But does it really matter? No. People are still going to buy them and Sony is going to make allot of money.
This is true. GameFAQs ran a poll the other day asking which console people wanted,
42.56% wanted the PS3
26.59% wanted the revolution
16.76% wanted the xbox 360
14.09% were undecided

DsS Game
06-07-2005, 01:10 PM
uh someone link me to the revolution? I never heard of this.

And reading the initial post and posts just dropped my IQ a couple of notches. Dude grammar and a good structure of a post will get you everywhere.....

vegeta1215
06-07-2005, 02:25 PM
uh someone link me to the revolution? I never heard of this.

And reading the initial post and posts just dropped my IQ a couple of notches. Dude grammar and a good structure of a post will get you everywhere.....

There are a few threads in GGD about Nintendo's next console, currently called "Revolution". You can also check http://cube.ign.com for more info.

Kairyu
06-07-2005, 03:13 PM
This is true. GameFAQs ran a poll the other day asking which console people wanted,
42.56% wanted the PS3
26.59% wanted the revolution
16.76% wanted the xbox 360
14.09% were undecided

I'm not sure the Gamefaqs Poll of the Day is really a reliable source. Besides, they only aksed which console they want the most. There was only room for one answer.

Archibaldo
06-07-2005, 04:57 PM
7 controller slots? What's with the odd number? Now you can't have an even number of people playing against each other. And how are you supposed to fit 7 screens on the tv?

Grasshopper
06-07-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure the Gamefaqs Poll of the Day is really a reliable source. Besides, they only aksed which console they want the most. There was only room for one answer.

And did you notice the Undecided was really "I can't decide, I want all three". What about the percentage of people that don't want any of them. I guess thats the people who don't vote. In that case, with over 6,000,000,000 people living in the world and only 80,199 people voted, at least 5999919801 don't want any of them.
;)

Belgarath
06-07-2005, 10:42 PM
7 controller slots? What's with the odd number? Now you can't have an even number of people playing against each other. And how are you supposed to fit 7 screens on the tv?

My thought is that originally they where going to use a core in the system per player. Since it was going to be a 8 core system that would have given each person thee own core to use for i/o and make game play that much smoother.

But since they also need to have a control process for the system/game they may have just decided to go 7 so that each user would have his own anyway and just use the extra core for the main scheduler..

Of course PR or a major Sony CO may have seen that, not understood why one core was going to be unused by a player directly, and decided to axe the 8 core system as a way to make money and cut what they say as waste when it fact it was needed. That to me is why the ps3 is going to be retarded when it comes to 7 people playing.

This is all speculation on my part of course, but mark my words, multi player games will have problems or need to be coded differently to make up for it or be slow as hell.

Orion
06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
What difference does it make if 7 isn't an even number? Odds are you're rarely gunna get that many people to play on one system. Either way, it's not like 7 is unimpressive just because it's one less than 8.

vegeta1215
06-08-2005, 02:18 AM
From what I've read, the technology behind PS3's wireless controllers is Bluetooth. With Bluetooth you have a group of 8 devices called a piconet. The PS3 itself will be the master device, which allows for 7 slave devices - the controllers.

That's where the number comes from, so stop arguing over it!

DsS Game
06-08-2005, 03:24 PM
There are a few threads in GGD about Nintendo's next console, currently called "Revolution". You can also check http://cube.ign.com for more info.

If you can't tell I havent been around for like a couple of weeks now. =P

Strider1982
06-08-2005, 04:24 PM
I don't know if I believe the 7 or 9 player thing or whatever, but having that many players at once would leave each participating player with an almost Game Boy-size viewport on the screen. Sounds like mass confusion waiting to happen.

Belgarath
06-08-2005, 07:06 PM
From what I've read, the technology behind PS3's wireless controllers is Bluetooth. With Bluetooth you have a group of 8 devices called a piconet. The PS3 itself will be the master device, which allows for 7 slave devices - the controllers.

That's where the number comes from, so stop arguing over it!
I totaly forgot about them using bluetooth in my review of the ps3 specs. I knew in the back of my mind there had to be a master controler somewhere - so at least I was right about that much - but I feel so ashamed now that I have been schooled. Props.

Grasshopper
06-08-2005, 09:57 PM
I just gotta say one thing about the 7 controller deal. I see a few people saying the screen will be too small, but why worry? Just because it can support up to 7 controllers, who said the games will? Seriously, the only game I've ever played 8 players on was a bad attempt at a Super Mario Kart clone for the PSX. So even back in the day, Sony could support up to 8 controllers. But really, how many games made use of that. And if they did, (eg. Mario Party 7) I doubt, they'd break it into tiny screens.

Kairyu
06-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Maybe that's what they'd use the dual-screen HDTV hookups for.

Ganondork
06-12-2005, 04:36 PM
I've been having peminitions again. Apparently, thee rev is going to be awesome and something very, very bad is going to happen to the presidents of sony and MS...

MP3 is going to have a part where you get in samus's ship, and the rev controller is going to have a touch pad...

TheNewLink
06-13-2005, 06:59 PM
The PS3 itself will be the master device, which allows for 7 slave devices
Sony, you're scary and I don't like you. Get away from me!

AlexMax
06-13-2005, 10:54 PM
What did I tell you about unfounded rumors.